Texas Fishing Forum

Zero gravity jig?

Posted By: Coolarrow

Zero gravity jig? - 09/03/14 09:06 PM

I'm a old jig fisherman and was just wondering if anyone has tried these? I throw a 1/4 oz with a big craw on it when I want it to fall slow. They say these fall one foot every 3 seconds. That's crazy... Just wondering if they are worth the 5 bucks each?
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/03/14 10:13 PM

I have never heard of such. Need a link to this miracle jig.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/03/14 10:18 PM

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Custom_Lures_Unlimited_Zero_Gravity_Jig/descpage-CLUZGJ.html

First time I've heard of them.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 05:20 AM

First I had heard of them also.
Posted By: CENTEX Toad Hunter

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 05:45 AM

Ive seen them. Never used them. Looks interesting, but the Jig Mark Pack came out with has my greatest attention. www.mpacklures.com
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: TW Description
When fishing a jig it’s not uncommon to get bit on the drop, so prolonging the amount of time spent descending can only have one result - more fish.

LOL.
Posted By: ColoradoTransplant

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 02:26 PM

I have a couple I picked up last spring during the spawn...

I got them specifically because I was having great luck with weightless plastics, and wanted another tool for the tool box.

They showed up about a week late for the spawn where I was needing them for bedded down fish, so they kinda got shuffled onto the backburner...

They are definitely a quality product as far as the materials are concerned. I would recommend picking up a couple smile
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 03:55 PM

Is the rate of fall really 1' per three seconds. Most 1/4 oz weighted baits fall pretty close to 1' foot per second. What makes this bait fall so slow?
Posted By: CoastalBent

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
What makes this bait fall so slow?

It has a high tech anti-gravity device. It actually bends space and time to completely cancel out the earths gravity.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 04:52 PM

if they tell you they have to kill you
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 04:56 PM

I like to hop a jig with a quick snap to get a reaction bite or drag it over tree stumps and roots so that jig would not work as well for my technique.

It isn't something new. May years ago the same type of "slow fall" jigs were made. I can remember a couple of different ones. One had a light weight surrounded by a hollow plastic body so it almost floated, so the jigs may be new but the concept is old. They never caught on very well back then.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 05:14 PM

Its a composite head combined with the skirt it falls slow. I doubt the head actually adds any weight at all. The weight is in the hook and skirt but adding a trailer could change it
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 06:06 PM

A jig made in Ark a Carolina jig Floats.
Posted By: ColoradoTransplant

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Its a composite head combined with the skirt it falls slow. I doubt the head actually adds any weight at all. The weight is in the hook and skirt but adding a trailer could change it

^^^ that right there

they are made out of a plastic feeling material that is super tough and super light. The weight definitely does come from the hook and skirt!

I fished mine in heavy cover with no trailer basically flipping em up against trees and brush and what not... Wish I would have gotten that order before the big girls stopped spawning...lol
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/04/14 10:37 PM

Thanks for the 'clarity'! I was afraid from the reply I had seen, Carl Sagan was alive/well and fishing!! rolfmao
Originally Posted By: CoastalBent
Originally Posted By: slim 285
What makes this bait fall so slow?

It has a high tech anti-gravity device. It actually bends space and time to completely cancel out the earths gravity.
Originally Posted By: ColoradoTransplant
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

^^^ that right there

they are made out of a plastic feeling material that is super tough and super light. The weight definitely does come from the hook and skirt!

I fished mine in heavy cover with no trailer basically flipping em up against trees and brush and what not... Wish I would have gotten that order before the big girls stopped spawning...lol
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/05/14 12:30 AM

Hmmmmm

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/05/14 12:35 AM

Well Tackle warehouse fixed me up.. I got 6 in hand and going to hit the water with them Saturday. They look really nice, well made. The head is about the size of a 3/8 lead head but the jig weights nothing! Crazy. I'll let you know how the bass react to them.

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/05/14 02:06 PM

Until this posting, have never heard of the 'Zero Gravity Jig'...but, rolfmao I'm not a Tournament guy.
Sounds good....I'm assuming for 'Flipping'??

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/05/14 06:56 PM

Anyone trying these jigs now at this time of year?

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/06/14 04:21 AM

I wanted to try them because I'm fishing a lake that I'm catch bass on senko. And picking up a few on jigs. The ones I catch on jigs are good ones! Thought a slow falling jig just might be the ticket! Headed to the lake in the am.. I'll let you know!
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/06/14 04:50 AM

for the most part, I want my jig to drop! I want to punch through grass, or bang a stump and move on. I'm looking for a reaction strike, and that happens fairly quick...I don't want a fish sitting there looking at my bait and how unrealistic it looks.

That being said, in cold water,I throw light jigs, with bulky trailers to slow the drop. But I also spend a lot of time throwing traps and jerkbaits at that point because the grass is breaking down in the winter...I tend to throw fb jigs in the winter deep on deep structure.

where do y'all see these fitting in to your game?
Posted By: Jay Kumar

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/09/14 06:39 PM

Doesn't zero grav = float??
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/09/14 06:56 PM

Its a swim jig really
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/10/14 11:06 PM

I've used just a hook...skirt....trailer.....fell really, really slow....kinda hard to cast....

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/11/14 11:33 AM

Well I tried them but the wind was up to high! I had to fish a heavy jig to get down to the level the bass were. I can tell you that they look very well made and I can see they will put some fish in the boat for me one day!
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Zero gravity jig? - 09/11/14 09:30 PM

Thanks for the post...made me interested so I took a look at them at tacklewarehouse and got them in today. The quality looks great and it should perform as advertised. Hopefully will get to use them this weekend at Rayburn if the front makes it here. will update after.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum