Texas Fishing Forum

Why I like strike king!!!!

Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 05:53 PM

I had some trouble with a few crankbaits right out of the package they would fill with water and sink, this was in a tournament and was the only 2 I had this color. I tied on a different color and fished on. I decided to call strike king on Monday, I figured I would have to leave a message. Nope a nice lady answered the phone, I explained what my problem was, she said they were very sorry for the trouble and to send them back and they would replace them. I was thinking man it's not worth in spending five bucks shipping to get $10 worth of cranks replaced, but I did anyway. Shipped out last Monday, fed ex arrived with a package from them with a smaller box and hat inside. I was thinking well at least I got a hat out of the deal. My son said dad what in the small box I said you can open it they sent some baits. He opened it and said wow you have six of the same bait. I was shocked when I heard this, that is customer service in my opinion. I told my wife last night I guess I'll have to buy a couple since I have a tournament on Saturday. Never expected a week turn around. I loose to many cranks to fish the expensive ones and I have had good luck with all the square bills and xd series I have used. Anyway just wanted to say thanks to strike king

Posted By: Mulholland

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 05:56 PM

Awesome, stories like this are what really earn my business as a consumer. I'll definitely look to strike king when it comes time to expand my crank bait selection, I know they have a lot of happy customers!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 06:04 PM

Very smart business people

They blow you off or just send 2 then a lot of people slam them on forums such as this, send 6 baits and a hat and they get some good positive free publicity!

Here is the big question, how many of those who hang around to take advantage of a deal like this are now putting the wheels in motion to try and "get one over" on a company that has shown they are committed to taking care of their customers?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 06:07 PM

Posts like this are why I enjoy the Plugs and Announcements section.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 06:08 PM

Beat color they make in the 6xd love that bait

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 06:09 PM

Doug, I thought the same thing but I was told they would test the cranks to try and determine the issue and see if they came from the same batch. I'm not that kind of person to take advantage of a company, but there are people like that in this world. I'm just really happy they replaced mine and if I would have gotten the two I sent and a hat I would have still been pleased.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 06:18 PM

This couldn't happen to a better guy, love to hear that Brad, and again, congrats on your recent success off shore
Posted By: P Prince

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 06:25 PM

This story definitely improves my loyalty to sk. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

Had this been a "I hate SK post" you would not be making that statement. You'd be fine with it in this section.

So you only want whining and complaining on here? Personally, I like to hear stories like this because it helps me personally. I already buy SK, but this story secures my trust in them.

Had the OP had SK in their signature, then I would've agreed with you.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 06:57 PM

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I had bought three sexy shad color Red Eye Shad's and after fishing a short while the paint started coming off the first one. Switched out to the second bait and same thing. Switched out to the third bait and same thing again. Three baits within maybe two hours and almost all the paint was off. Called S.K. and they told me they knew they had a paint problem and to send them back.

The following week I got 6 back and a hat.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 07:08 PM

+1
Originally Posted By: Mulholland
Awesome, stories like this are what really earn my business as a consumer. I'll definitely look to strike king when it comes time to expand my crank bait selection, I know they have a lot of happy customers!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Had this been a "I hate SK post" you would not be making that statement. You'd be fine with it in this section.

So you only want whining and complaining on here? Personally, I like to hear stories like this because it helps me personally. I already buy SK, but this story secures my trust in them.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said what I meant. I have tons of strike king products. The man's post was a P&A and there is a specific section for that. Just like academy sales, "Omen13 are best", and "I went with so and so guide and he is the best in the world and Lake Fork..."
Posted By: Chet

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 07:31 PM

The companies that care about the long haul do this type of thing. A few years ago when I was fishing Falcon several times a year I fell in love with a jig color made by Dirty Jigs. Ordered some on line and it seemed a long time and no Jigs. So I called them and was told that the A-rig and other applications had made getting their hooks real tough. Told me my order would be filled as soon as they got the hooks and apologized a bunch. Seemed like weeks past and then one day the box came. I had a small order of 6 jigs so thought I must have been down the list a ways behind bigger orders. I opened the box and found 16 jigs, the 6 in my fav 2 colors and 10 more assorted jigs with a hand written note. I'll always be a Dirty Jigs customer.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 07:37 PM

WOW, that's way too sweet.

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 07:42 PM

Well I have seen several post with negative words to say about sk and several other venders in the past few months. They were in the bass section because they were bass related products. I didn't know I needed to post in the plugs and announcements section. If that is where this topic needs to be feel free to move it. I just had something positive to share with the bass section and thought it was posted in the proper place.
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 07:48 PM

Yes Fouzman. You are right. You are always right.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 10:16 PM

Good positive story Brad. Thanks for sharing info. on a great outcome.

A similar thing happened with Finwick rods. I had a Technica rod that is no longer made and the outer skin was separating. When it would get wet you could see it turn milky under the top coat.

I took pictures and send them in explaining how much I loved the rods and showed receipts for 5, stating that I wanted to keep the set together and would like to get it repaired.

They could not do that at the factory. So they agreed to send me a new Elite series rod to replace it. Two days later the factory rep. called and ask how much to get it fixed locally? I had already made the arrangements to do so which would be $80. I emailed the invoice and he send me a check to cover it and the New Elite rod.

It just doesn't get any better than that.

Had the same thing happen with Discount Tire. One blew out on the road in Ark. with no Discount tire places. Had to purchase a Sears tire to match. When I got back home and took the tire in. They gave us a new tire to match the set and purchased the Sears tire which was $230.

These two places have my business for life.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/14/14 11:37 PM

At least 1/4 of 6xds don't run straight.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Don't put words in my mouth. I said what I meant. I have tons of strike king products. The man's post was a P&A and there is a specific section for that. Just like academy sales, "Omen13 are best", and "I went with so and so guide and he is the best in the world and Lake Fork..."

Someone need midol?

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan

I have had a few I have had to tune, but I have had good luck with them and the fit my budget. Not everyone spends thousands on tackle.
Posted By: TogiakTerror

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 02:30 AM

Strike King is the biggest BASS lure company in the industry. I'm pretty sure it's ok you post this here. Some people just like to think they're in control.
Posted By: TogiakTerror

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan
i have better success when they don't run straight, I've never seen a baitfish that swims in a straight line. I've even tweak them to not run straight sometimes.
Posted By: hookinbass

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 02:38 AM

Never had any problems with Strike Kings
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 11:41 AM

This whole thing is just one more demonstration of 'customer service' and a long standing industry standard in fishing.
Sounds like Strike King has and wants to continue to gain EVERY fisherman's loyalty and business!
That says volumes to me at least
God Bless
Posted By: DustyHartOutdoors

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 04:13 PM

That's great, I had the same problem with the only "Sexy Shad 6XD" that I had left in a tourney on Choke Canyon one time. The filling with water allowed me to get the crank deeper and I pulled a check. I still have that "sinking 6XD".
Posted By: FishFAN

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 05:15 PM

Similar experience - returned split, water-logged baits; great customer service; all baits replaced with extras included, with the cap. Love this kind of service/company.
Posted By: roblo101

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 06:45 PM

Seems there's always someone saying negative things about everything on here.
I really enjoy hearing stories like this, I would go to some other section of this forum searching
for positive feed back from any company.
As I see it, it does have to do with bass fishing, so why not place it here!
I would have.
I enjoy reading all the topics, reply to just a handful, an it's always in the bass section.

Now if I couldn't get a spark plug out, just saying, I might look for a section in here about motor repair
or maintenence.
Just my two cents
Y'all have a good day
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Why I like strike king!!!! - 07/15/14 08:11 PM

Mann's Did same for me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum