Texas Fishing Forum

26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect

Posted By: CrankBait1007

26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:13 PM

Ok so out to the lake, feeling good last week had 19+ with some swimbait action that helped with a slow crank bite. Get to the lake and get the hassle I haven’t had in a while. The what’s that….what are you fishing for with that….why don’t you have a bass boat? Got used to this with the “huck fin boat” started to tell him the sob story 3 step children in college ex that got my house foreclosed on yada yada ….but I was like "you know it doesn’t matter what kind of boat I have". So the guy replies “yeah it does….that’s why they call it a bass boat” that kinda rubbed me wrong….he did have a sweet ranger! So I jumped…..$100 bucks says I can catch a bigger sack than you.” He stared at me looked at his buddy and said “both of us?” “Sure” I said “why not” knda regretted saying it. But he accepted it. Was around 10 and I said we’d stop at 5 but he wanted to fish all day so all day it was. My day started of slow I jumped off four nice ones on the swimbait. But then I went to ole faithful….the crank got em suspended on stumps and crawling a crank on stumps. All said he came in with 17:2 I got 26:4 He wouldn’t let me film the weigh in and he told me he’d get me the money next time…..really? Like I’ve said before “I guess I still aint a real bass angler without a bass boat. Check out the video [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:17 PM

Good grief!! Nice going shipmate! Bass boat or not, your doing GREAT!
Great pictures... You sure got my 'respect'!
God Bless
thumb
Posted By: boocat

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:23 PM

I'm on your team.
Posted By: Mike Zachary

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:24 PM

Is this a private lake or public?

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Zachary
Is this a private lake or public?

it's public
Posted By: charles mcmahan

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:29 PM

Awesome job!!!
Posted By: kevbach

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:31 PM

I'd be proud to fish off a floating log if I could catch them like that! I fish out of a four winns sport boat that I've built a removable fishing deck with trolling motor for. Its ugly but it gets the job done, and until the wife allows us to own two boats, it will have to do. I bet I get more sideways looks than you do laugh

Oh, and that guy not paying on his bet is a bunch of [censored].
Posted By: FMJshooter

Dude probably can't afford the $100 cause of all them boat payments fish grin
Posted By: bigfishtx

Nice job !!! That's the good stuff right there! Offer him double or nothing, one rod and one bait. See if he'll bite woot
Posted By: fitter2259

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:36 PM

Great job CB, I hope you see them again. Next time "show me the money"!
Posted By: z7x374

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:38 PM

Ive always wondered what kind of boat you fish out of, I always enjoyed watching your videos, is it just a small pontoon with a flat deck? I personally like it.

I get the same heck at tournaments, I fish out of an aluminum flat bottom and always get strange looks, its not the nicest of rides but it floats, runs good and was free. Always makes for a good time when we go out there and whack em. Beating the "prostaffers" in their wrapped boats that are fully rigged out.

Its not the boat, its the fisherman. thumb
Posted By: JeffLStevens

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:44 PM

Would like to know who it was that accepted a bet and then didn't pay up.
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:45 PM

Good job man!
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:54 PM

Awesome job! If I had to fish for a living, maybe I could justify a $60K boat. But your set-up is just fine for someone like me that just likes to fish. Your rod holders & net holder are perfect. The extra space for your rods is enviable, second only to your skill! Kickin' bass & takin' names!
Posted By: TTU_fisherman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 01:57 PM

Nice! Love it when people knock someone off their pedestal.

Two really nice fish too! What did those big girls weigh?
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:04 PM

Hey crankbait gotta love it !!!
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:09 PM

Great bag! Great victory! Great story! You'll probably never see the money, but take joy in the fact you put yours where his mouth was. Dude has no honor for welching after talking trash.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:11 PM

I love it!

Good Job
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:14 PM

Man you don't have to explain anything to anybody out there... Folks need to learn to be respectful. Good job on showing them whats up!
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Does the wind ever blow there?

Nice fish.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Great story!
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:16 PM

Love it! Great story!

You're a cranking machine!!
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:16 PM

I like watching your videos, how big is this lake you are fishing ? It looks like you have one heck of an offshore honey hole, the background usually looks the same. Nice job.
Posted By: Phoenixbird721

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:17 PM

This is awesome. IMHO you have some of the best post on this forum. Keep it up
Posted By: Nick2021

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:21 PM

I hope you hold those two individuals to that bet! Great photos!
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:40 PM

WHO MAKES A BET WITHOUT THE MONEY?

Not sure about up there, but down here that can have a different ending.

Glad you whipped his tail. wink
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:42 PM

I love your story! That is so cool putting a whoopin on some loud mouths. you better get your money!
Posted By: 361V

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 02:55 PM

Sorry, but fishing out of that boat of yours does not even come close to falling into the "no bass boat" category. :-) Nice video though! PS: they would have broke his fingers in Vagas!
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 03:07 PM

The haterade is plentiful when it comes to bass fishing! Congrats on the catches bro...you put your time on the water...that's what it's all about!!!
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: FMJshooter
Dude probably can't afford the $100 cause of all them boat payments fish grin

This is actually very likely to be true.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 03:16 PM

That guy was a douche bag from the beginning it sounds like! Obviously he hasn't been around for a while or had his [censored] handed to him enough over time, any true angler would know it doesn't matter what the boat looks like anyways......wish that douche would come to East Texas, get his balls beat off by people in a flat-bottom and then get his [censored] kicked in the woods for not paying!

He should be stripped from any Ranger logos too!
Posted By: CoastalBent

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 03:17 PM

Get you the money next time?

That's just sorry. Should have followed him to an ATM....

Next time, fish for boat titles...
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 03:18 PM

Good job out there, I would have told him to give me a reel or rod that's worth your bet.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 03:42 PM

Enjoyed the video! More evidence the real bass live offshore!

Quality bass for sure!
Posted By: timwins31

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 03:46 PM

Only a pos yellow no spine having chud makes a bet without having the cash. If he welches on that bet you should go break his kneecaps. What a scumbag.

Man I love it when the modest guys outfish the guys who think the boat makes the fisherman. I've seen 3 10lbers caught out of a john boat and literally 100s of 5 6 and 7lb fish. Some people don't deserve the stuff they have.
Posted By: texasbassin

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
Man you don't have to explain anything to anybody out there... Folks need to learn to be respectful. Good job on showing them whats up!

This is so true. Good job on catching that huge sack and shoving it right in there face! Keep up the good fishing
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:06 PM

Can't stand people who won't honor a bet. Maybe he will pay up but doesn't
sound like it.

You should have asked for one of his rods and told him you would "hold" it for
him until he came up with the money.
Posted By: GetdaNet

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:14 PM

Fantastic video and great haul! Is that a small pontoon type boat setup?

Congrats on the bass beat down!
Posted By: rkcdvm

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:20 PM

Nice job smokin them
Posted By: formula462

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:24 PM

I don't see how thats not a bass boat, the only diff I see is you just can't get to spots as fast..tortoise and hare thing right? Good job. I thought us kayakers wer the ones that got shunned lizard
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:26 PM

What a douche bag at the ramp glad ur kicked his butt!!
Posted By: ColoradoTransplant

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:32 PM

Ha! forget those clowns Crankbait... lol

I have had some great days of fishing in my jon boat -- lol and brought a lot of other people who had a great time too (even a couple who actually own bassboats)...

Funny thing is, when I get done for the day, very rarely have I thought about how much better of a time it would have been in a bassboat...

I think that fishing in smaller vessels teaches you to slow down a little and really exploit an area, instead of whizzing through with the trolling motor breezing right by fish, or going from one end of the lake to the other and back again all day long.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:34 PM

It's been my experience that a fish don't give a flip what kind of boat your in! I don't think those big bass were they only things you set the hook in and reeled in. I hope those two Rangerettes have the sore mouth. Good job on the 26.4 stringer. Outstanding!
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:44 PM

I've personally considered a deck boat specifically rigged for fishing on many occasions. I love fishing but I hate single purpose tools. Something more versatile is almost always a bonus... I've fished behind guys in my buddy's wake boat with them laughing til I pull fish after fish from the shore they just trolled along empty handed, and I've had people pull right up through my casting arch on $50k+ rigs while I'm reeling them in bank fishing only for them to troll through slack lined while I scowl at them and consider chucking a wahoo Wingding at their skull to see if they'll get the idea. I guess at least be grateful they didn't just fire up and follow you to your spot and crowd you.

Fishing is about like riding motorcycles to me, it isn't what you fish, it's THAT you fish. I don't care what you fish for, from, or with. It's amazing to have other people who care about fishing at all, because I'm sure 90% of the people in any one of our lives don't care about it as much as we do.

We are literally on a forum posting about it... my friends and wife tell me their going to send me to Fishaholics Anonymous. Why would I shun anyone else who enjoys it like I do? haha
Posted By: Huddleston

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:47 PM

I wouldn't let that clown discourage you at all!
Posted By: BassFisher317

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:49 PM

Some people have no respect for others. I bass fish out of a 14 foot jon boat. Sure id love to have a fancy bass boat but not everybody has the money for one. My Jon boat floats, and gets me from point A to point B and that's all that matters. Caught plenty of fish and made some great memories in it.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:51 PM

I'm sure he would have taken your money if he won. Great job whooping their tail!
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 04:57 PM

Good job man! I know that feels good. I've stepped up but I fished out of a 14' aluminum boat for a long time. Actually all my life and when my dad got a bass boat I got the aluminum one. I can't count the times I pulled up to the doc and guys were amazed when I pulled out the fish basket. Granted it wasn't 26lbs! Good job
Posted By: Nutman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 05:05 PM

do you have an outboard motor on the back of that.
how far do you go from the boat ramp ?
Posted By: Fishin Machine

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 05:06 PM

Man you could’ve at least made it close. You gotta love it when that happens. Good Job!! woot

I had to tell a guy one time that it is not always the piano, sometimes it is the maestro..
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 05:15 PM

My friend.....it's always the Indian, not the arrow!!! I'd of paid 100$ to be standing there so douche bag ranger boy could hear what I think! Out F ing standing! clap
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 06:37 PM

Nice going there. I guess he would not like many of the boats used in quite a few of the fishing video's from California of the big fish caught. Check out Butch Brown's video's.

BTW. You are in a boat right, and you are holding several bass you caught using that boat, then how is it NOT a BASS BOAT?
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 06:49 PM

great bag!

that guy is a low-life scumbag for not covering his bet, that is chicken_s__!!
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:17 PM

Good job man. Those guys you fish with seem like idiots imo. I'm glad you got to show him how to fish.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
great bag!

that guy is a low-life scumbag for not covering his bet, that is chicken_s__!!
this too

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Nutman

No man all electric still trying to get my outboard....it just takes me forever to get where i'm going so i can't move around alot ya know
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:26 PM

Good for you Crank! Brush off the Haters. I would love to own a Boat like yours.Very cool rig indeed. And stable, ha thumb
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: CrankBait1007
Originally Posted By: Nutman

No man all electric still trying to get my outboard....it just takes me forever to get where i'm going so i can't move around alot ya know

Sweet rig anyways, would love to have one like it for the North end of Palestine.
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:44 PM

I'm glad to hear you laid the smack down on this lowlife. Well done!

From reading your posts and watching your vids, you seem the kind of guy who fishes for all the right reasons. This other guy? Not so much!
Posted By: Led Blimp

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:51 PM

First off, nice fish and way to go! Second, I know your frustration, try fishing out of a kayak next to the fully rigged bass boats. And yes, they cover far more water than I do with a bunch of electronics that I do not have but I'll wager I have just as much fun as them and every once in a while I have pictures of five bass bigger than their five! Let me add this, most of the folks in the expensive rigs are great and more than polite when we meet up and you can tell that because the rare jerk really stands out. That jerk still owes you $100.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:52 PM

I also enjoy your videos and your rig is pretty sweet.

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: ColoradoTransplant
Ha! forget those clowns Crankbait... lol

I have had some great days of fishing in my jon boat -- lol and brought a lot of other people who had a great time too (even a couple who actually own bassboats)...

Funny thing is, when I get done for the day, very rarely have I thought about how much better of a time it would have been in a bassboat...

I think that fishing in smaller vessels teaches you to slow down a little and really exploit an area, instead of whizzing through with the trolling motor breezing right by fish, or going from one end of the lake to the other and back again all day long.

I agree you really have to work the water where you can gt too....taught me some things though.
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 08:01 PM

Crankbait,your posts,comments,videos,pics,have all earned my respect.But your boat...lol..just kidding man.I love your rig.But kicking that guys arse..that takes the cake!!

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mulholland
I've personally considered a deck boat specifically rigged for fishing on many occasions. I love fishing but I hate single purpose tools. Something more versatile is almost always a bonus... I've fished behind guys in my buddy's wake boat with them laughing til I pull fish after fish from the shore they just trolled along empty handed, and I've had people pull right up through my casting arch on $50k+ rigs while I'm reeling them in bank fishing only for them to troll through slack lined while I scowl at them and consider chucking a wahoo Wingding at their skull to see if they'll get the idea. I guess at least be grateful they didn't just fire up and follow you to your spot and crowd you.

Fishing is about like riding motorcycles to me, it isn't what you fish, it's THAT you fish. I don't care what you fish for, from, or with. It's amazing to have other people who care about fishing at all, because I'm sure 90% of the people in any one of our lives don't care about it as much as we do.

We are literally on a forum posting about it... my friends and wife tell me their going to send me to Fishaholics Anonymous. Why would I shun anyone else who enjoys it like I do? haha

Amen....i'll be sitting right next to saying "hi my name is shawn and i'm a fishaholic" grin
Posted By: DanR

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 08:17 PM

Haters gonna hate. Back in the day I used to catch all kinds of comments and snickers while I was cruising around in my belly boat and fins. A few guys would come up in their 20ft long $40K bass boats and make fun of me in my little "tube boat" as they'd call it. It was all fun and games until they saw my stringer. Then it was always "Damn, what did you catch all those bass on? We haven't caught anything all day" My response: "Caught them on a lure". Them: "Okay, where'd you catch them?" Me: "In the water". Only friendly when it suits them. You have no choice but to fish slow in a belly boat so you aren't passing by fish. Ignore their ignorance. I love all the room that you have to walk around.
Posted By: DustyHartOutdoors

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 08:27 PM

I caught hell in my old Aluma Weld with 15HP and a cooler for a livewell but I caught a lot of fish in it.

That's a sweet set up you have there and a great post!
Posted By: an_average_joe

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 08:31 PM

I have honestly watched most of your videos just to simply try to figure out how to build a rig like you have - and I say build one like it because if I were you I'd never sell it - it's a great setup. I have had plenty of people talk smack about my 1950 Lonestar Aluminium as well and even from guys in rigs from the 80's - some people just don't have a brain cell to call their own.

Even without the money you got the best prize of all - him with his a$$ whipped and a boat payment - sucks to be him !
Posted By: Revoman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 08:35 PM

Nice video, great job.
Posted By: Derrek Stewart

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 08:52 PM

The fish do not know what you're standing on when you set the hook. Great job!
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 10:11 PM

Great story and sack!! Except for the loser that didn't pay up. What a DB!!
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 10:25 PM

Awesome job and good going!! woot
You seem to have a "knack" from your other posts I've seen.
One can buy a high dollar Bass boat BUT not the "KNACK"
I hope you get your money.
Posted By: ToadHooker

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 11:11 PM

Awesome job crankbait! When I first moved to Texas and had just separated from my now ex I fished out of a 2 man bass buster. I'll never forget this guy in a beautiful skeeter watched me catch two fish off a point and came racing up on me, made some smart a** remark about trying not to flip me over and than the jerk started fishing right on top of me! I stayed right where I was and made him fish around me, a couple of minutes later I hooked into a good fish and when she ran deep she pulled my lil boat around 180° and at least 10 foot of my point, when I finally got her in I asked him if I could use his scale and weighed her at 8.47, my p.b.! I thanked him and told him the spot was all his and slowly trolled away...great fealing! Your obviously a better stick than most of us and I love your videos, keep it up no matter what your fishing out of.
Posted By: BigCrank+1

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/09/14 11:33 PM

Mad skill
Posted By: CCTX

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 12:44 AM

Ha! Those losers need to pay up; but, I imagine the look on their sorry faces when they saw your weigh in was priceless. Is that them in the background on the fourth pic rubbernecking trying to potlick your spot? Glad you crushed them one man vs two welching idiots.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 12:58 AM

I think that this was just plain terrific, Crankbait. You have every right to be proud of yourself, your boat, your sack, and your skills. Those two aren't the only ones who need a full-time proctologist. That type isn't limited to the Carolinas, either - we have plenty of them here in Texas, too. When I sold my Hydrasport many years ago, I bought an 8' PBS pond boat, a cheap Humminbird flasher, and a 30# thrust Minn-Kota trolling motor. Having lost my mobility, I had to make up for it by learning well the waters I did fish. As things ended up, it didn't matter whether I spent most of the day in one cove on Fork, Elephant Butte or Ray Roberts, or whether I fished a small pond. I went places the "big boys" couldn't get to, and beat them at their own game more than a few times. My PB is still an 8-12 caught bank fishing at an Arkansas pond with a 1/4 oz. buzz bait, but I've caught a lot of 7s and 8s from that little PBS mini-boat. I have another one now, and still manage to catch a lot of nice bass from it. You did great, Mr. Bass Fisherman - which you are - and the loudmouths resented it. You both put them to shame and embarrassed them, as you should have. Good job - VERY good job! I'm proud of you, too.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 01:17 AM

You were you on your A-game that day. Entertaining videos as always. Please get rid of that braid and orange rod though. Your hurting yourself with that nonsense.

I'd really like the TFF to run a fundraising tourney to get you the funds for a new boat. I'll be the first one to sign up or contribute.

Great work as always...

Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 02:05 AM

Very cool keep on fishing. I would go through that when I would go to ray Roberts in my flat bottom. Who cares what those broke jokers think. Couldn't pay the 100. I call them B.O.B. BALLA ON A BUDGET! Come to texas will go fish with you anytime.

quote=CrankBait1007]Ok so out to the lake, feeling good last week had 19+ with some swimbait action that helped with a slow crank bite. Get to the lake and get the hassle I haven’t had in a while. The what’s that….what are you fishing for with that….why don’t you have a bass boat? Got used to this with the “huck fin boat” started to tell him the sob story 3 step children in college ex that got my house foreclosed on yada yada ….but I was like "you know it doesn’t matter what kind of boat I have". So the guy replies “yeah it does….that’s why they call it a bass boat” that kinda rubbed me wrong….he did have a sweet ranger! So I jumped…..$100 bucks says I can catch a bigger sack than you.” He stared at me looked at his buddy and said “both of us?” “Sure” I said “why not” knda regretted saying it. But he accepted it. Was around 10 and I said we’d stop at 5 but he wanted to fish all day so all day it was. My day started of slow I jumped off four nice ones on the swimbait. But then I went to ole faithful….the crank got em suspended on stumps and crawling a crank on stumps. All said he came in with 17:2 I got 26:4 He wouldn’t let me film the weigh in and he told me he’d get me the money next time…..really? Like I’ve said before “I guess I still aint a real bass angler without a bass boat. Check out the video [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[/quote]
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 02:12 AM

should have taken a pic of the ranger and the guy and posted to teh forum

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan
You were you on your A-game that day. Entertaining videos as always. Please get rid of that braid and orange rod though. Your hurting yourself with that nonsense.

I'd really like the TFF to run a fundraising tourney to get you the funds for a new boat. I'll be the first one to sign up or contribute.

Great work as always...

JD you always keep it real and thanks for the props man. If I could just get a 15hp kicker …I might just be on my way to becoming a bass angler grin

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Ha! Those losers need to pay up; but, I imagine the look on their sorry faces when they saw your weigh in was priceless. Is that them in the background on the fourth pic rubbernecking trying to potlick your spot? Glad you crushed them one man vs two welching idiots.

that was them asking what i caught. they were on the banks untill they saw me cull and then jumped right on out there. shocked
Posted By: a lo109

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 03:19 AM

Man that was a super spanking! Nice job.
Posted By: fishnbuds

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 04:52 AM

What a DB! The dent you put in his ego is probably worth more than the $100 bill, but don't let him out of it!
Posted By: Jeremy S.

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 09:56 AM

Screw that guy, I've had my money taken by a dude in a Jon boat that never left sight of the ramp lol. The boat don't catch fish.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 11:37 AM

I can't stand guys like that. I fish out of a 20 year old Stratos now, but for years I fished out of a Ski and Fish. I guess it gave me a complex about my boat, but it also made me want to prove myself even more. Hang in there, it's way more about the fisherman than the boat.

I read one guys post where he was asked "What kind of fish do you catch in that boat?" by another angler in a much nicer boat at a tournament. His response was "The same kind as you, only bigger." I always though that was a good comeback.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 12:15 PM

Good job!! don't need a bass boat to be a real bass angler as long as it floats and gets you from a to b is all that matters!
Posted By: ZeroHour

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 12:59 PM

I sold my bassboat id be happy with the huck finn rig looks damn comfortable and functional to me.
Posted By: Zach S

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 02:59 PM

Your always catching big bass! Nice video!
Posted By: HarrisNC

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 03:30 PM

Haha great story man! Can't believe they're gonna talk all that trash then not put their money where their mouth is! I'm from NC too so if you ever wanna show me some tips on those crankbaits I'm all ears!
Posted By: TEAMSKEETER12583

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 04:15 PM

Awesome video! Great story!
Posted By: pixelfish85

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 04:20 PM

Sounds like the guy got suckered into overpaying for his own boat and needs to justify it to himself. The boat can't catch a fish.
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 04:30 PM

props to you man. i love watching your videos.
Posted By: justfishingtoday

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 04:43 PM

Man that is great glad you put them in their place.
Posted By: BassSAT

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 05:20 PM

The Guy needs to get "Romantic" with him self..!
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Nice going there. I guess he would not like many of the boats used in quite a few of the fishing video's from California of the big fish caught. Check out Butch Brown's video's.

BTW. You are in a boat right, and you are holding several bass you caught using that boat, then how is it NOT a BASS BOAT?

Heck ya!! He is standing on a floating platform other wise called a boat holding up a fat sack of bass that's a bass boat if I have ever seen one!!!

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Originally Posted By: ezbassin

Heck ya!! He is standing on a floating platform other wise called a boat holding up a fat sack of bass that's a bass boat if I have ever seen one!!!

I watched Butch's videos.....that's awesome!! thumb
Posted By: fishrdude

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 06:36 PM

you should have fished for pink slips and taken that pretty Ranger away from him
Posted By: AWS

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 08:48 PM

You can't help how their Mommas raised them...very dang nice...
Posted By: Jedfish

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 09:10 PM

I personally LOVE your boat and would be proud as all get out to have one just like it! I'd be honored if you pm'd me some pictures of your boat showing the entire rig from different angles. Keep it up, you got everything you need...health, happiness, a honey-hole and a sweet little boat to get you there!
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 09:19 PM

No worries man...I remember the 1st time I fished Coleto Creek (me and my son fish from kayaks) and I had a heavier end of day stringer than the biggest sack in the tournament there that day and the big bass fo rthe tournament was a bit over 5 lb... my son had a 7 lb 11 oz bass.

A big fancy boat does not make a fisherman! I will outfish most boat anglers day in and day out from my $0 fuel bill kayak most days. bannana2
Posted By: The Ninja

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/10/14 10:22 PM

No respect……try fishing from a kayak! LOL
Posted By: bassin518

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/11/14 03:36 AM

a wise man once told me! don't let the nice boat fool you!
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/11/14 04:58 AM

Crank, pizz on them. I don't know what that thing is you're fishing out of, but based on your videos, it and you are a fish catching machine. Keep it up. Your' story is worth more than $100. He'll get his.
Posted By: o9rady

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/11/14 08:18 AM

Wait. What? He didn't pay? I'd have said, let me hold on to that G. Loomis "until next time". What a jerk. I'm so glad you beat his [censored]!
Posted By: Nutman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/11/14 11:10 AM

Love your videos, great job on the bet. I would love to have a boat like that. It would fish Athens, Fork & Palestine real well.
Posted By: NCSkeeter

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/11/14 01:50 PM

Crank,

When I was living in texas I remember you mentioned Jordan lake in some of your posts. Is that where this sack came from? I was on that lake all the time years ago when I was in high school.

I'm back in NC now, in holly springs, but I fish Lake Gaston.

Meant to also say nice sack and boat!
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/11/14 06:10 PM

Awesome job CB!! As long as you're fishing it doesn't matter how your doing it.
Posted By: grumpydog

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/11/14 06:13 PM

Can I sympathize with you a minute? I have a lake place on Toledo Bend, an I PREFER to fish out of my 10" bass raider, powered by troll or oar. When I get set up with my 6 rods, 2 boxes, misc gear, I look like a floating garage sale...but there are 2 things I can almost guarantee. I'm gonna catch fish, and I'm gonna hear laughter from a $50,000 boat as I eat their prop wash.
Rude, arrogant people cant believe that the boat does not catch the fish. I wish some of these people would come spend a quiet morning fishing instead of blasting to a new location every 20 minutes.
Fish the way you want, just leave me out of it. I will be over here...fishing the way I enjoy.

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/12/14 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: NCSkeeter
Crank,

When I was living in texas I remember you mentioned Jordan lake in some of your posts. Is that where this sack came from? I was on that lake all the time years ago when I was in high school.

I'm back in NC now, in holly springs, but I fish Lake Gaston.

Meant to also say nice sack and boat!

holly springs you don't hit Harris. also what about wheeler lake and lake beson?
Posted By: ZX 250

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/12/14 05:55 AM

That was awesome man !! Keep doing your thing!! That guy didn't pay up he is sorry can not stand people that can't keep there word! He probably went home and cryed to momma because that was a butt spanking great job!!!
Posted By: swift1

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/12/14 12:58 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: rather_B_fishin

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/12/14 03:39 PM

Glad you smoked that dude. I hate stuck up people, especially the ones that think they can fish just because they have a $50,000 boat.
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/12/14 06:11 PM

Nice bass boat means nothing, its easy to look like a bass fisherman. Most of them probably hold their spinning reels upside down
Posted By: Foxie

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/12/14 06:36 PM

Holy cow! It's obviously the man that makes the boat, not the other way around.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/12/14 06:39 PM

I think Crank's boat is cool. Very cool. Dunno why anyone would call that boat anything less.
Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 01:13 AM

Good Stuff for sure. Keep up the good work
Posted By: NCSkeeter

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 01:38 AM

Don't really hit the lakes around Raleigh bc I keep my boat up at lake gaston, my parents have a place up there.

I have always wanted to check out Harris. Is there anywhere that's decent from the bank?
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 02:48 AM

This is the kind of guy that "Someone" needs to put a jersey on!!
Posted By: aggiefisher3

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 03:05 AM

Great job. I fish out of a 16ft aluminum boat, so I know how it feels to be looked at differently when everybody lines up for a tourney take off. You always let your fish do the talking. Keep it up man.

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: NCSkeeter
Don't really hit the lakes around Raleigh bc I keep my boat up at lake gaston, my parents have a place up there.

I have always wanted to check out Harris. Is there anywhere that's decent from the bank?

i have a buddy that guides there.....i hit him up

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 10:55 AM

Add me to that list. His rig is really cool! Especially for the waters he's fishing (at least what we see in his videos).
Looks 'JUST RIGHT'!!
I would have loved to have been there and watched that 'weight in'!!
I don't care what your fishing out of, I would NOT bet against you my friend: EVER!!

God Bless

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I think Crank's boat is cool. Very cool. Dunno why anyone would call that boat anything less.

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 11:49 AM

AMEN!! What a A-hole!! thumb
God Bless
Originally Posted By: rather_B_fishin
Glad you smoked that dude. I hate stuck up people, especially the ones that think they can fish just because they have a $50,000 boat.
Posted By: beezaboy

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 06:05 PM

proves you don't need a bass boat, cool story, I actually like your setup, lots of room to walk around...
Posted By: marcus254

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/13/14 06:20 PM

you should take some pics of it and make a thread on it. im a kayak fisherman and id love something like what you got for fishing along with my kayak. im not one for a big boat.

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/14/14 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: marcus254
you should take some pics of it and make a thread on it. im a kayak fisherman and id love something like what you got for fishing along with my kayak. im not one for a big boat.

i am going to do that... but more to show some options anglers can do with their jon boats or smaller rigs.
Posted By: nitro250

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/14/14 01:42 AM

Just because you have the most expensive boat and gear doesnt mean you can fish! Another example of actions speak louder than words!!! Great job and many great videos, I just hope your challenger is reading this and feels like a complete horse's a$$! Keep up the great work smile
Posted By: APT

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/14/14 01:49 AM

Hell yeah! Congrats!
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/14/14 04:57 PM

A buddy & I entered several walleye tournies in northern MN fishing out of a 12' camo duck boat that was so light you could sling it over your head, powered by a massive 5hp Johnson. We almost always placed top 5, won several. Boat control is huge in walleye fishing & a lot of time if you are 1' off back trolling a lindy rig on a weed edge, you're screwed. Those big boats just don't have that kinda control. Way to go man & screw those guys!!

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/14/14 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishuhalik
A buddy & I entered several walleye tournies in northern MN fishing out of a 12' camo duck boat that was so light you could sling it over your head, powered by a massive 5hp Johnson. We almost always placed top 5, won several. Boat control is huge in walleye fishing & a lot of time if you are 1' off back trolling a lindy rig on a weed edge, you're screwed. Those big boats just don't have that kinda control. Way to go man & screw those guys!!

you gotta go with what you got sometimes ya know
Posted By: L a r r y

Re: 26:4 sack but no bass boat no respect - 06/15/14 03:34 AM

CB....That is how you do it....CONGRATS Bruh!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum