Texas Fishing Forum

Glass rods

Posted By: lodell23

Glass rods - 06/01/14 03:28 AM

I know some people like them for cranks but when else would you use one? Any bait with treble hooks?
Posted By: Professional Overrun

Re: Glass rods - 06/01/14 03:36 AM

excellent for jerk baits!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Glass rods - 06/01/14 03:39 AM

Hate glass rods with a passion. Just not for me. I can handle some blends of graphite and glass but not a true glass rod. Can't stand a whippy crankbait rod at all.
Posted By: spacityjason

Re: Glass rods - 06/01/14 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Hate glass rods with a passion. Just not for me. I can handle some blends of graphite and glass but not a true glass rod. Can't stand a whippy crankbait rod at all.

I'll agree with Mark. I've got several old glass rods (I mean like 20 yrs old) that I just can't handle anymore. One was a Lamiglas that I used to think was the cats meow. But, as I've gotten older, I've gotten to the point I can't stand heavy equipment, such as rods and reels. In my opinion, todays rod builders have gotten most medium action graphite rods to the point where they are nearly as parabolic as the glass. Like most everything else in fishing, it generally comes down to personal preference.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Glass rods - 06/01/14 04:55 AM

I can't do all glass.. Can't stand a buggy whip either. I do like the blended graphite glass rods.
Posted By: Richard McCarty

Re: Glass rods - 06/01/14 12:50 PM

I fish fiberglass rods on all moving baits.
For years, several manufacturers would make one glass rod as if it would work for all lures, but that's not the case.
I've bought bunches, and had bunches made, but until recently I was never able to get the right rod(s) that were truly bait and hook size specific.
GOOD NEWS!, I finally found them.
Seeker rods in the React Pro series.
I have 8 of these rods and have never used better.
Fisherman's One Stop on Fork has all models in the React Pro fiberglass series if you want hands on feel, and with the 6 different actions, you can choose those to your liking.
I know for a fact that glass rods will keep more fish hooked on moving baits than any graphite/composite rod.
Posted By: ScottSecs

Re: Glass rods - 06/01/14 12:59 PM

+1 on the Seekers - I got one from TW a while back (RPS-T706C) and have loved it for squarebills. I think Anglers Pro is planning on bring in the Seeker rods. Great value on a great S-Glass rod.
Posted By: craw poppee

Re: Glass rods - 06/01/14 11:21 PM

And because they are not as sensitive as graphite the fish get the bait deeper in their mouth. Looking
to get a couple more. Will definitely take a look at a Seeker.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Glass rods - 06/01/14 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
X3
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum