Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend ?

Posted By: Lee in Texas

Toledo Bend ? - 05/18/14 10:56 PM

I'm older, probably than most on here, but I grew up watching and hearing the pro's fish on Toledo Bend. Jimmey Houston, Bill Dance, ect.
They always had great things to say about the lake.
Now, I don't hear hardly anything.
Does anyone fish there anymore?
God Bless
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/18/14 10:57 PM

You must have missed the great footage that BASS aired this weekend from their last event at TB.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/18/14 11:02 PM

Yep, Today's BASSMASTERS was about the recent Elite Series on TB.

The lake is healthy and fishes great. Better fishing lake then Rayburn but harder to learn and run!

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/18/14 11:07 PM

I did. Dish doesn't carry anything like that, that I can find.
Maybe on the net?
God Bless
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/18/14 11:26 PM

Toledo is ONE of the hottest lakes right now!

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/18/14 11:33 PM

It has ALWAYS looked like the premier lake to me, but that was years ago. Like I said, I don't hear you guys talk much about it on here.
I wish I could ride that far, man, that is where I would go.
Ya'll go and let me know how it was! Pictures would be GREAT!!
God Bless
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/18/14 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigron119
Toledo is ONE of the hottest lakes right now!

Lakes are always hot when I'm fishing somewhere else! LOL!
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/18/14 11:57 PM

Everybody on here is hung up on fork banana

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 12:01 AM

Well, it is and has been producing some really nice fish BUT, TB has a long record of really big fish as well.
Posted By: skeeterJ

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 01:00 AM

Agreed everyone is hung up on fork dont get me wrong good lake but like you would love to see more talk about Toledo bend

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: skeeterJ
Agreed everyone is hung up on fork dont get me wrong good lake but like you would love to see more talk about Toledo bend
thumb
Posted By: BarW

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 01:30 AM

No fish in TB I'd stay on Fork if I were y'all.
Posted By: **TheLoneRanger**

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 01:33 AM

I Lived in center tx. for about 2 years. I only made it to TB twice. I just dont know the lake and boating on TB can be quite scary if you dont know the lake. Rayburn was my go to when i was in center. I sure have heard quite a few good things about TB though.
Posted By: mikryl

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: BarW

YEP, no fish there
Posted By: BC4681

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
Maybe on the net?
God Bless

It was on ESPN 2

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: mikryl
Originally Posted By: BarW

YEP, no fish there
frkazoid Right.........no fish! Ya'll sell cars for a living? LOL
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 04:39 PM

It was a 11.3 that won the Sealy Big Bass this weekend and they set a record with 62 over 10 lbs in there lunker program for the year , it was pretty cool seeing them give all the replicas away yesterday..
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 04:47 PM

They don't have internet down there so they can't post about it as much as the DFW Fork crowd.
Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 04:49 PM

The Bend has a few swimming around in it, watch the weights for TTT championship in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/19/14 04:52 PM

I can attest to the fact that the shad population is booming! I can also factually state that the population of 1-2 pounders is strong. I will further express that the birds are getting fat feeding on all that shad. The wind and boats do whip that lake into a frenzy. With the marked boat lanes in good shape, it is easy to see where to run. However, when the wind is not cooperating for a N-S run, you take a beating!!!

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/23/14 10:02 AM

Any of ya'll going up there over Memorial Day holiday? Would love to hear of the fishing reports from there.
Best places to fish/baits/etc.
I have an offer when I get a little better health wise, to go there so, just keeping tabs.
It is the lake I really want to fish one time at least.
Can't go just now, but soon so..... like to hear about your experiences there.
Pictures ?
It's an old lake that was on virtually every fishing show forever..and it used to be one of the best in the country!
God Bless
Posted By: BarW

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/23/14 01:04 PM

I'll be there third week in June camping. I'm not saying I'll catch anything though.
My kids will have me knee deep in catfish and bream I'm sure.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/23/14 01:59 PM

Lee, I've been fishing TB since 1969 and it is still one of the best lakes in the country. What makes it special is the fact that it is so large, it can handle a lot of fishing pressure. You have different grasses, timber, sandy and clay points, lots of creeks to get out of the wind, lots of flats with hydrilla, and boat docks. It is a paradise. You just stay in the boat lanes and you can navigate where you want to go. I also like the fact that you can fish different patterns on the same day and catch them. You need to check it out. But remember, it is still a man-made lake that can be tough at times like them all. But the fish are there.
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/23/14 02:42 PM

I'm older, probably than most on here, but I grew up watching and hearing the pro's fish on Toledo Bend. Jimmey Houston, Bill Dance, ect.
They always had great things to say about the lake.
Now, I don't hear hardly anything.
Does anyone fish there anymore?
God Bless

The perfect place to live might be somewhere equidistant between Rayburn and the Bend.
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/23/14 04:06 PM

I fished it with my grandfather as a kid and it is a magical place. I haven't been down there in a long time but we are finally fishing it this fall for the Classic and I can't wait. That Elite event proves the lake is loaded with fish and it's worth the trip..
Posted By: Bassncass

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/23/14 04:26 PM

I grew up on Tbend, we moved there when I was around 5yo and I am 41 now. I moved over close to Rayburn about 14 years ago. I like both lakes, but have spent more time on Toledo this year. My mom and dad still live there so it is easy for me to run over and fish.

To say I have some good memories is an understatement!
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/23/14 06:55 PM

Maybe on the net?
God Bless

Bassmasters is on ESPN2. I would think Dish carries that?
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 05/23/14 08:26 PM

I live on Rayburn ... definitely no fish there. wink

Toledo Bend is 30 mins from my house, pick one and learn it or the one close to you. Texas is blessed with many great fishing lakes.
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 06/09/14 03:49 AM

Any of ya'll going up there over Memorial Day holiday? Would love to hear of the fishing reports from there.
I have an offer when I get a little better health wise, to go there so, just keeping tabs.
Pictures ?
It's an old lake that was on virtually every fishing show forever..and it used to be one of the best in the country!
God Bless

Lee i was just there last weekend fishing in my Company Tournament. 95 Boats and me and my pops took first. 27.70 stringer and i caught big bass 8.18. Ill try and post a couple pics.

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 06/09/14 03:51 AM

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 06/09/14 03:52 AM

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 06/09/14 03:52 AM

THANK YOU! Great update, and pics are great! Has been and will continue to be one of the premier lakes in the lower 48!
Sounds like ya'll had a great time. It's just so darn big, have to have someone who knows the lake.
God Bless
Originally Posted By: mebcode
Pictures ?
God Bless

Lee i was just there last weekend fishing in my Company Tournament. 95 Boats and me and my pops took first. 27.70 stringer and i caught big bass 8.18. Ill try and post a couple pics.

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 06/09/14 03:53 AM

Oh and FYI. My dad lives on TB and has been killing the Crappie lately. I went Tuesday and brought my Father-In-Law and met my dad out on the lake and we racked up 75 (25 per person is the limit) pretty quick.

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 06/09/14 04:01 AM

I know the lake fairly well. At least the South end of it. As i said my dad has fished it and lived on it for years so if you need some pointers or wanna know what they are biting on let me know.
Posted By: HappyFisherman

Re: Toledo Bend ? - 06/09/14 10:05 PM

Any one fishing out of Huxley bay?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum