Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Alvarado

Posted By: chevy2011

Lake Alvarado - 05/15/14 06:28 PM

Anyone been on the lake within the past week, and if so is the water up in the reeds high enough finally with this last rainfall we had come through?
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Lake Alvarado - 05/15/14 07:36 PM

buddy fished it Monday, I fished it last month. there were water and fish in the reeds when I was there and idk bout water but my buddy had 20 fish Monday but said size wasn't good. when u thinking of going? I think there is a "working mans" type tourney there on sundays now(grrr)

I was thinking about going sat
Posted By: chevy2011

Re: Lake Alvarado - 05/17/14 12:59 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the size, hope to find some bigger ones.
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: Lake Alvarado - 05/17/14 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: catslayer
I think there is a "working mans" type tourney there on sundays now(grrr)

There is a open "working mans" tourney on the last Sunday of every other month. May 25th just happens to be one of those Sundays. Next one will be July 27th.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Lake Alvarado - 05/17/14 11:15 PM

Alvarado needs a slot. I've never caught more fish under 15" on any other lake. It used to be so good and still spits out some chunks but you have to weed trough them. Bigger fish are coming on cranks and mixed bag coming from worms. Here's my biggest before the rain. I have however noticed the smaller fish school on the south end of the dam and have for years. As for te reeds they were in there before the rain but getting to them is hard because they're way back there.peg 1/2oz tungsten with 65lb braid and have at it

Posted By: David Parker

Re: Lake Alvarado - 05/18/14 01:39 AM

nice fish Robert!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum