Texas Fishing Forum

to the two guys in the basscat on fork today

Posted By: hopalong

to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 10:45 PM

thank you for moving before I had to get a lure stuck in your carpet. figured that by the time the second one hit in front of your trolling motor you would have figured out you cut me off and were too close.

gotta love rookies. bang

ran it on the big motor till they hit something then trolling motor to within 25' of me, this is just before they got the hint.

Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 10:50 PM

Looks like you ticked em off, hop. Did they smile for the camera?
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 10:52 PM

So,why didn't you say anything to them about it?
Posted By: Trickster

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 11:01 PM

Wind probably blew them in on ya.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 11:03 PM

Everyday occurrence on lake Fork, nothing new
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 11:07 PM

Ohhhh they got called out! BURN.....
Posted By: KB1953

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 11:42 PM

Me first attitude on Lake Fork, imagine that!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 11:47 PM

So did you say anything to them or just wait to say say something on here after the fact?
Posted By: TexBbq

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 11:48 PM

Did you catch any fish?
Posted By: turbo2nr

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/20/14 11:55 PM

Its just something you got to live with it, normally won't say anything if it's not in a tournament, no use in letting someone ruin my fun fishing days, plus it's not my lake so I have no more right to it than anyone else.

At least on fork most of the time you dont have to deal with ski boats and jet skis
Posted By: wormy1

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:00 AM

Do you have a better shot of that crank bait!!
Posted By: JerryC

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:02 AM

Hop, I had 2 guys in a Bass Tracker come around me in a cove on Martin Creek yesterday, I could have literally spit on their boat. We were both on trolling motors. At least they watched me catch 4 or 5 nice fish while they were behind me then in front of me. Some people have no raisings.

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
So did you say anything to them or just wait to say say something on here after the fact?

they got my message loud and clear, they had the whole cove besides where I was and decided to cut in front of me about 25' off my bow.

I said something loud enough they could hear it and then showed them my casting expertise.

they did move to the other side after that.

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: turbo2nr
Its just something you got to live with it, normally won't say anything if it's not in a tournament, no use in letting someone ruin my fun fishing days, plus it's not my lake so I have no more right to it than anyone else.

At least on fork most of the time you dont have to deal with ski boats and jet skis

no it is called common courtesy. as I worked the bank I looked up and there was a father/son/daughter (had both kids) so I peeled off to let them have the bank, this is how I do things on the lake. I will go around and go plenty far out to do it but only if we are going opposite directions. going the same way and I overtake you I will peel off, lakes are too big to worry about shorting someone else.

and as said, this is fork, I will just have to get used to it but 25' off my bow is a little much.
Posted By: Kevin Sharp

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:26 AM

They're only 25ft away in that picture? The camera makes it look a lot further.

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:31 AM

that was after the fact, just before that they were sideways to me and about 25' off my bow, they had just come in. even in the pic they are still less than 50' and had stopped. stopping is why I took the pic, they saw me take it and then left.

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Lannie Robertson
So,why didn't you say anything to them about it?

they heard me, looked right at me after my comment.
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:36 AM

Hop, maybe they were drawn in by your wardrobe? grin

Posted By: Bass&More

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Lannie Robertson
Hop, maybe they were drawn in by your wardrobe? grin

Post of the week there Lannie clap rolfmao peep
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:40 AM

Who cares deal with it no one has common courtesy anymore.
Posted By: bassanator

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:44 AM

For anyone that thinks they can pull into a cove and have it all to yourself is dreaming.
Move along and get over it. de
Posted By: basscat87

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:45 AM

Complain elsewhere please. Every time I'm on here it's someone complaining about someone being to close & always on fork. This is a FISHING forum & not a complaining forum. Don't bother to post if all you wanna do is start something. Yes I own a basscat & it wasn't me. I've wanted to fish fork but people like you have kept me away. Never fells every weekend a TO THE GUY IN THE ON FORK TODAY. Grow up & be a man.
Posted By: L. Swaim1

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:50 AM

whip

Write TPWD and request law to be made like the tournament rules of distance when anchored with TM stowed or not. or keep internet bashing them what ever makes it feel better

SOME maybe surprised how much you can learn by talking to people on the water I know personally have gained a lot of info over the years by talking to people that come within short distance like that heck I have been given lures, gave lures to them and a few have turned out to be good friends but sometimes people will just look at me when I say hello like I shouldn't talk to the king of the lake smile JMO
Posted By: RoughHuff

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:52 AM

For the most part, bass fisherman are a-holes on the water. If you understand that point, your day will be more enjoyable.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: to the two guys in the basscat on fork today - 04/21/14 12:53 AM

Way to go Hop. I had some arsewipe from Ark in a big white / brown ranger decide to set up camp on the the first point after the power lines in Birch a few weeks ago. Where all the boat lanes intersect to go further up the creek. We were coming out idling in what is left of the lanes with the low water and he was sitting in the lane and told me to go behind him through the stump field.I turned the air blue with curse words and came right on through. My only regret was not getting a picture. I suspect he figured it out after about 20 boats an hour arrived to come through there. I think they just don't know WTH they are doing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum