Texas Fishing Forum

alan henry

Posted By: RedRaider191

alan henry - 04/18/14 02:27 PM

Any tips on alan henry???
Posted By: FlatsFisher613

Re: alan henry - 04/18/14 03:55 PM

Patience, i was there yesterday and caught two small spots on T-Rigged worms in about 6-8'. I think the front messed them up.
Posted By: BWG

Re: alan henry - 04/18/14 04:14 PM

cool nights this week have them backed off a little bit. try 10-15 foot of water and a shad colored crankbait. should get you bit.
Posted By: DeVianTiCoN

Re: alan henry - 04/18/14 05:35 PM

If you catch a dink crappie and never reel it in and let it swim around a big bass will come eat it. got 2 big bites that way yesterday.
Posted By: TTU_fisherman

Re: alan henry - 04/18/14 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: DeVianTiCoN
If you catch a dink crappie and never reel it in and let it swim around a big bass will come eat it. got 2 big bites that way yesterday.

I need to start crappie fishing.

As far as the bass... There have been very few fish up, but water clarity and weather have really hurt the spawn so far.

If your looking for a big fish, I would throw big swimbaits all day. If you just want to catch numbers, senkos or jerkbaits shallow.
Posted By: Cheesehead Wes

Re: alan henry - 04/18/14 07:04 PM

we caught like 30 yesterday. fishing mostly crigs in like 10-20. there were some spots really shallow
Posted By: gpetersttu

Re: alan henry - 04/19/14 05:58 AM

Pick up that double t Bobby Knight spinnerbait from the red black bookstore (if they still sell it) and sling it around points. Worked for me 8 years ago. I think the red double t on the blades was the ticket. Raider power.
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: alan henry - 04/22/14 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BWG
cool nights this week have them backed off a little bit. try 10-15 foot of water and a shad colored crankbait. should get you bit.

My only problem with crankbaits and Alan Henry is all the underwater structure and getting hung up every 5th cast or so. Frustrating.
Posted By: G-Money Monster

Re: alan henry - 04/23/14 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: DeVianTiCoN

Many years back I was there with my uncle. He hooked a good crappie was bringing it up and we both saw a huge bass come up and swallow that thing whole. He then turned down and broke my uncles line. Big bass! We we're shocked! Lol
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: alan henry - 04/23/14 12:03 PM

Was good last Saturday.
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: alan henry - 04/23/14 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gary purdy
Was good last Saturday.

Congrats on the win.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum