Texas Fishing Forum

H2O mettles

Posted By: Frank the Tank

H2O mettles - 04/17/14 03:34 AM

When do these normally go on sale, Father's Day?
Posted By: John-Mark

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 03:47 AM

around that time i think
i have several and love them for the money plus when they break lifetime just walk in and they have always given me a new one.. but my local guy at academy told me he doesn't think they are gonna do the lifetime replacement any more .. i was buying a lews at the time but that is the main reason i didn't mind paying for a less.... i knew if it didn't last i could get ut replaced.. long as i didn't tear it up... anyone else heard this? i don't want to start something that isn't true but the guy worked there... was just warning me that all the ones i had bought in the past might not be replaced... i said BULL BUTTER when I bought them they were replacing for free if they fell apart...
we shall see
Posted By: Bfuller79

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 04:48 AM

best reels for the money!! might be on sale for Easter???

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 04:51 AM

I've pretty much decided to sell all my Curados and go back to these so I want to try and catch them on sale.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 05:10 AM

With you on that Frank. I hardly use mu curados now, I use a mettle and a pro qualifier. I have not tried the new mettles though. I hope they are good since they went up on price and down on weight. I think the new model is why you can not get the replacements on the old one without receipt.
Posted By: BanjoMinnow

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 05:54 AM

I have a buddy that works in the fishing/gun counter at Academy and he told me something along the same lines. He said the company changed their corporate policy on returns and their new policy does not include the return policy they have had in the past where you can bring in a busted reel and they simply hand you a new one, although individual stores do have the option of keeping the old exchange policy if they choose to do so (I assume that the individual store takes the loss instead of corporate now). He said there have been quite a few store that have already said they are not changing their return policy even if it cost the individual store more money. Hope this helps
Posted By: Jeremy E

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 01:49 PM

Yepp I use to be hard core Shimano but now its H2O

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: BanjoMinnow
I have a buddy that works in the fishing/gun counter at Academy and he told me something along the same lines. He said the company changed their corporate policy on returns and their new policy does not include the return policy they have had in the past where you can bring in a busted reel and they simply hand you a new one, although individual stores do have the option of keeping the old exchange policy if they choose to do so (I assume that the individual store takes the loss instead of corporate now). He said there have been quite a few store that have already said they are not changing their return policy even if it cost the individual store more money. Hope this helps

Does he know if they will go on sale?
Posted By: mitchell_usmc

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 02:20 PM

I paid $9.98 for the new one this weekend b/c some one tagged it wrong....I asked if i could get 10 more and he said no.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: H2O mettles - 04/17/14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: mitchell_usmc
I paid $9.98 for the new one this weekend b/c some one tagged it wrong....I asked if i could get 10 more and he said no.

It was worth a try
Posted By: FlatsFisher613

Re: H2O mettles - 04/18/14 03:53 PM

I took my gen 2 in today. It was making an awful buzzing sound. The guy looked at it and switched it out, no questions asked.
Posted By: Cryers

Re: H2O mettles - 04/18/14 04:03 PM

I just exchanged a 3 year old mettle for a new one yesterday with no receipt, no questions asked.
Posted By: atisch12

Re: H2O mettles - 04/18/14 04:56 PM

By far the smoothest real I own. Definitely getting some more when they go on sale.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: H2O mettles - 04/18/14 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Cryers
I just exchanged a 3 year old mettle for a new one yesterday with no receipt, no questions asked.

hmmm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum