Texas Fishing Forum

Rain on Ray Roberts

Posted By: Coach Jaywhy

Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/04/14 05:25 PM

What do you think all the rain will do bite this weekend on Ray Roberts. How much did the water temp drop? I know we had a ton of hail in little elm. Can't imagine that much ice being dumped in the lake wouldn't effect it.
Posted By: Madman Phoenix

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/04/14 05:34 PM

Most of that stayed south of the lake. I know there was some but how much. More rain than anything. I hope that it will bring level up some. At least keep it from getting and lower for now.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/04/14 06:40 PM

Most of it was just south of a line from Pilot Point to Sanger, as in the creeks did not get hammered, so I don't think its gonna affect it at all, because the lake didn't even come up 1".
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/04/14 06:59 PM

None. The bite always sucks on Roberts.
Posted By: The Lab

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/04/14 07:19 PM

Maybe you aren't throwing the right lure? ^
Posted By: Coach Jaywhy

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/04/14 07:24 PM

And what lure would that be?? Ha got a hs tourney this weekend. Feel free to give some tips
Posted By: okiebass

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/05/14 12:25 AM

I went to Ray Roberts yesterday in between rain delays. My first time ever on that lake and boated 5 fish from 9am-2pm and none was any size. Needless to say if it's that tough it maybe a while before I try to make that drive again.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/05/14 01:57 AM

The front really screwed these fish up
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/05/14 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: David Welcher
Most of it was just south of a line from Pilot Point to Sanger, as in the creeks did not get hammered, so I don't think its gonna affect it at all, because the lake didn't even come up 1".

My place is just north of and between Isle D Bois and Wolf creeks. We got nothing but wind and lightning. No rain.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Rain on Ray Roberts - 04/05/14 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4bass
Originally Posted By: David Welcher

My place is just north of and between Isle D Bois and Wolf creeks. We got nothing but wind and lightning. No rain.

No rain yet here is South Texas/Hill Country. Lots of clouds. Hopefully we get a down pour to two. We need RAIN badly. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum