Texas Fishing Forum

You Think This Will Ever Happen....

Posted By: racing75

You Think This Will Ever Happen.... - 04/04/14 03:41 PM

Been hearing about it for a while now.......

http://www.dailytribune.net/news/twdb-pl...19bb2963f4.html
Posted By: racing75

Re: You Think This Will Ever Happen.... - 04/05/14 02:02 PM

Well, I don't know. Looks like there having a meeting on it.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: You Think This Will Ever Happen.... - 04/05/14 02:29 PM

I wish it would happen
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: You Think This Will Ever Happen.... - 04/05/14 03:49 PM

Yep we've been hearing rumblings about it as well over her in Delta County as of late. It really makes people nervous on the eastern side of the county because one of the other new proposed lakes is going to take the eastern third of our county. I have a map with all the proposed lakes on it and one of them looks like it will get close enough to me that I can see it easily from my front yard. My place wouldn't be in the lake but may get taken for flood plane.
I think it would be far cheaper and effective to relocate the parks on Cooper and raise the highways around here in a couple of places and just allow Cooper to fill up to the top of the spillway when we get the rains to do so instead opening the flood gate when it gets above 440 feet above sea level. They probably have enough flood plane purchased to hold this water comfortably. It would hold about an extra 10 feet of water if they'd do this......The only down side I see is we'd probably loose some of the WMA property to flooding but most of the time those areas would be high and dry anyway if we stay in the same weather pattern......my two cents
Posted By: SC-001

Re: You Think This Will Ever Happen.... - 04/05/14 07:47 PM

Its going to happen eventually, sooner than later if the texas and its ecomony keeps growing at the rate it has been. You look at all these lakes like chambers and t-wok being 10-15 feet low and all the soil conservation lakes and ponds around them lake are full to the brim right now, the thing that has changed is DFW is pulling way more water from them today than 20 years ago.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum