Texas Fishing Forum

What lake...

Posted By: Bass98

What lake... - 03/27/14 01:01 AM

Would y'all recommend to spend two or three days on this summer? Central to east Texas. I live in the east Dallas area, so no Falcon or anything like that. Gonna be with some family, so Cabins would be nice. I was thinking Bastrop or Limestone (if they have cabins). Thanks.
Posted By: Dean74

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 01:14 AM

Come to Whitney plenty of places to stay. Never been to Bastrop but I sure wouldn't recommend Limestone.

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 01:18 AM

Okay thanks, I have been to Bastrop, and was planning to go there, but it's a real long drive for everyone. Still thinking about it. Whitney is perfect for a spot where everyone can get to.
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 01:18 AM

Fork
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 01:19 AM

Sandlin
Posted By: Zach Attack!

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 06:41 AM

Lake of the pines
Posted By: bassanator

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 07:27 AM

Texoma thumb
Posted By: JMac-D

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 08:45 AM

Whitney
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 10:12 AM

Fayette. Nice cabins. Plenty of fish to catch.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 12:52 PM

Your east of Dallas; go to Fork. Bastrop only has small day cabins. Limestone sucks.
Posted By: gutcheck

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 01:45 PM

Naconiche...

http://www.naconichefarms.com/Reservations.html

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Zach Attack!
Lake of the pines

Pines is actually my favorite. Wanted to try some place new. I will look into Whitney more. It's would be the best location for everyone. Thanks.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: What lake... - 03/27/14 10:05 PM

Whitney gets my vote. I dot know how many family members you'll have but Alvarado has a big house on the lake that gets rented out. It's small,low pressure, and is one of the best summer fishing lakes I've fished.
Posted By: guntz67

Re: What lake... - 03/28/14 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Ban-D
Whitney gets my vote. I dot know how many family members you'll have but Alvarado has a big house on the lake that gets rented out. It's small,low pressure, and is one of the best summer fishing lakes I've fished.

Low pressure really . 6 boats and its crowded lol. Whitney gets my vote
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: What lake... - 03/28/14 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: guntz67

yah what's your definition of low pressure? The lake dosent Get hammered so yah it's low pressure. I know it's small, but it's also a Great Lake.I've seen 15+ boats at the working mans in years past with jet Fleas and ski boats. When 16 lbs plus wins with three fish and 10 dosent cash a check that's pretty good imo.I should add that the lake records bigger than Whitney's and I've caught numerous fish over 7 including a 9.7. I love both lakes but if I wanted to catch numbers or big fish you have a better chance at Alvarado.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: What lake... - 03/28/14 12:44 AM

Athens. Stay at Yammamoto's.
Fish a Great Lake one day eat the catfish dinner at the marina.
Tour the state fish hatchery the next.
Fish a Great Lake again eat a good burger at the marina.
Oh yea, and I forgot to mention there's lots of bass there to catch.

Re: What lake... - 03/28/14 01:15 AM

Thanks everyone. I'm fishing Athens on Saturday David. I didnt know they hard a place to stay, I will look into that for the summer.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: What lake... - 03/28/14 02:08 AM

Look at my post in the Nachonichie thread for the latest Lake Athens action from this evening (Thursday)from 5pm--8pm.
Posted By: guntz67

Re: What lake... - 03/28/14 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By: guntz67

yah what's your definition of low pressure? The lake dosent Get hammered so yah it's low pressure. I know it's small, but it's also a Great Lake.I've seen 15+ boats at the working mans in years past with jet Fleas and ski boats. When 16 lbs plus wins with three fish and 10 dosent cash a check that's pretty good imo.I should add that the lake records bigger than Whitney's and I've caught numerous fish over 7 including a 9.7. I love both lakes but if I wanted to catch numbers or big fish you have a better chance at Alvarado.

I to like this little lake as I grew up on it and have also caught some really nice fish but it does get hammered pretty good for no bigger than it is really now with Cleburne being so low and no one fishing there just IMO
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum