Texas Fishing Forum

Bass vrs FLW

Posted By: CrankBait1007

Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:10 AM

I'm a Bassmaster guy.....nothing against FLW (watch that too) just seem to gravitate towards the guys in Bass more. In a tournament with the top ten from each how do you think it would turn out. Has there ever been a tournament like that Bass against FLW
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:12 AM

Tharp went over to BASS because he said he wanted to compete against the very bets.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:20 AM

BASS because of Ray Scott and all the oldies but goodies that fished it over the years. Guido and Dion Hibdon, David Fritz, Rick Clunn, George Cochran, Jimmy Houston, Roland Martin, Ron Shefield, Larry Nixon, Denny Brauer, Tommy Martin, Davey Hite, and the list goes on. That being said a lot of these guys have competed in FLW too. I hope to fish both circuits eventually either as amateur or pro......
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:25 AM

Major league fishing puts some of the best from each against each other so that's cool to watch.

But the top ten from each is very good.

Tharp didn't exactly say he went there to fish against the best he said he fished against van dam and someone else 3 times and they beat him twice so he's going out to beat them specifically. Kinda the same thig but not exactly.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:29 AM

I took some of the FLW guys this week in the BASS Fantasy and did pretty well. Took me to 95%
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
BASS because of Ray Scott and all the oldies but goodies that fished it over the years. Guido and Dion Hibdon, David Fritz, Rick Clunn, George Cochran, Jimmy Houston, Roland Martin, Ron Shefield, Larry Nixon, Denny Brauer, Tommy Martin, Davey Hite, and the list goes on. That being said a lot of these guys have competed in FLW too. I hope to fish both circuits eventually either as amateur or pro......

Guido and Dion Hibdon, Jimmy Houston, Roland Martin, Larry Nixon, and Tommy Martin are all fishing FLW Tour this year.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- Greg West

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:41 AM

BASS. One win in the opens and your classic bound. Yet i like the FLW in payout perspective.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:54 AM

Just like any tournament, it would depend on the lake, conditions, etc... The top ten out of either the Elite or FLW Tour are capable of winning on any given day pretty much anywhere in the country.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 01:58 AM

Flip a coin, FLW guy won the BASS elite tourney @ seminole last weekend, a BASS guy won the FLW tour @ hartwell the week before.
Posted By: Big Worm78

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 02:35 AM

Believe PAA has a lot of both competing.
Posted By: RedZ520

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 02:51 AM

In terms of TV coverage I like BASS….I cringe every time I hear Chris Jones say the words "5 bass limit…WOW…WOW"
Posted By: Russell Olds

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 03:04 AM

I think the top 10 FLW guys are better. But who really knows. Isn't the FLW cup a larger payout now?
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Russell Olds
I think the top 10 FLW guys are better. But who really knows. Isn't the FLW cup a larger payout now?

I think so, but bass let a few more spots in this year.

As far as the question. It's a toss up if you ask me. Both have amazing fisherman. Like others said one can beat the other one day, and the other way around the next.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 04:18 AM

FLW has better payouts. From what I have seen and heard if u want more money per tournament FLW gets the nod. But they don't allow as much individual sponsorship opportunities like BASS does. So it just depends if u don't have a bunch of sponsors paying u to advertise then FLW is better if u have a bunch of good sponsors supporting u BASS makes more sense. But both have very good anglers
Posted By: CrankBait1007

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: RedZ520
In terms of TV coverage I like BASS….I cringe every time I hear Chris Jones say the words "5 bass limit…WOW…WOW"

rolfmao
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 03:45 PM

http://www.wired2fish.com/tharp-to-fish-two-tours-in-2014/

You can read why Tharp added the Elites in his own words. It wasn't just to compete against the best Elite anglers, it was a business decision. Interesting thoughts as to why some of the top FLW guys come to the Elites.
Posted By: Rick61

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
http://www.wired2fish.com/tharp-to-fish-two-tours-in-2014/

You can read why Tharp added the Elites in his own words. It wasn't just to compete against the best Elite anglers, it was a business decision. Interesting thoughts as to why some of the top FLW guys come to the Elites.

Yes, going from 10 to 6 tournaments will cause a dampen on anyone's wallet! With him winning the Forrest Wood, he is very marketable right now!

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 04:58 PM

Indeed. Really enjoyed that article. He's obviously very sharp. Methodical, disciplined and conservative. Managing his career like a business.

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 05:55 PM

Good article, he also doesn't like Coanglers. smile

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 05:57 PM

Don't blame him. At that level, I wouldn't either.

Re: Bass vrs FLW - 03/18/14 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Don't blame him. At that level, I wouldn't either.

I agree with that, enjoying co-angling long as they keep doing it. smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum