Texas Fishing Forum

Welch

Posted By: prez

Welch - 02/13/14 07:57 PM

Is the power plant running at Welch
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Welch - 02/14/14 01:46 AM

I was there with my son Saturday and the water was cold. 62 at the discharge and 60 in many places. I didn't go up north as there was a tourney and didn't want to infringe on their water. We only had 6 bites but they were all overs. Best five went 18 pounds on a hand held scale. Slow for that lake for sure. We were there back in December and the water was 8o+. Only one stack going.
Posted By: Casenchi

Re: Welch - 02/14/14 02:24 AM

Was there today. Temp 65 to 67. Discharge was 76. Had 38 fish today.
Posted By: Sprint Runner

Re: Welch - 02/14/14 04:33 AM

I've been to welsch one time in my life and it was horrible. The water was like 108 degrees and i couldn't catch a thing. Any tips for that lake? You guys that catch 38 fish sounds like fun. I don't fish that lake nor do I fish in any circuits that would ever go there, I would just like to take my girlfriend up there if it's that easy to catch so many fish so she can have a good time catching em.
Posted By: Casenchi

Re: Welch - 02/14/14 12:49 PM

Sprint runner, pm me sometime and I will take you or you and your girlfriend! My boat, I'll guide, and you will catch!
Posted By: 361V

Re: Welch - 02/14/14 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Sprint Runner
I've been to welsch one time in my life and it was horrible. The water was like 108 degrees and i couldn't catch a thing. Any tips for that lake? You guys that catch 38 fish sounds like fun. I don't fish that lake nor do I fish in any circuits that would ever go there, I would just like to take my girlfriend up there if it's that easy to catch so many fish so she can have a good time catching em.
108f?? Don't go in the summer!! :-)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum