Texas Fishing Forum

Ordering or buying baits?

Posted By: RippinLipzFhs

Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 04:24 PM

Do y'all prefer to buy baits of like tackle warehouse or buy them in person at like cabelas or bass pro? Why?
Posted By: madermu

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 04:28 PM

If I can, I prefer to buy from the mom and pop type stores. If I can buy from apt and brannans bass shop I will. I've had great experiences with both. They will bend over backwards to make ya happy.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 04:31 PM

I like to put my hands on them first.
but that isn't always possible

Ill even go through a peg of plastics looking for one that has the better glitter or color
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 05:05 PM

Like mentioned above, I like to support the tackle stores around the lake area. Very rarely do I buy from a large retail store, except Academy because of convenience. I'll buy online before I buy from the big box stores.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 05:09 PM

Local tackle shops, when I can. I don't buy very much on-line I perfer to support my local economy.
Posted By: BassFisher317

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 06:32 PM

I like buying soft plastics in person because I can see the color better in person. I buy hard baits online a lot because I don't have a problem spending $10-$15 on a bait online for some reason. And who doesn't like coming home and seeing a tackle warehouse package at your front door?
Posted By: coyotebass

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 07:50 PM

if its repeated stuff i always get and are familiar with color I will order them. new stuff i like to see first but limited access out here in the wind and dust of west TX
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 08:00 PM

Anglers Pro Tackle has a great on line selection.
Posted By: STEVE B

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 09:07 PM

Sometimes I'm glad its that way, I buy too much garbage now... I do wish the local.owned tackle shops were still here I prefer them..
Originally Posted By: coyotebass
if its repeated stuff i always get and are familiar with color I will order them. new stuff i like to see first but limited access out here in the wind and dust of west TX
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 09:55 PM

I order 90% of the time on line TW or Land big fish. I also like APT a lot like looking at baits in person. I'll pretty much burn out on academy same old thing. Bass pro shop but to expenses.
Posted By: BarryH

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 10:35 PM

For those of you who prefer to buy in person, I think you'll find that Oak Ridge has a terrific selection and, in most cases, at prices equal to or less than what you'd pay online or at Bass Pro. In addition, we're committed to growing our selection dramatically this year. You'll find a WIDE selection of rods, reels, tools and tackle. If we don't have it, let us know what you want and we'll look at adding it.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/11/14 11:20 PM

I like to buy in person if I can. I like Academy and Cabelas - both are about 15 minutes from me. I love to go to Bass Pro, but for the last couple of years I have mail-ordered instead of driving a half hour because the road construction has made the drive a lot longer and way more nerve wracking.
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/12/14 01:09 AM

I prefer hands on but it seems nobody every has the bait or color I'm looking local and box store. I just gave up and do monthly orders from TW
Posted By: GatorNation

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/12/14 04:08 AM

I always support my local Mom and Pop first....It is nice to know the person when you walk in and more imporant if you have a problem they seem to care....At least give them the chance it is nice to walk in the place and trade with them plus the tax we pay supports are local schools...Totally agaist no tax on the internet save the Brick and Mortar business SHOP LOCAL !!!!
Posted By: GatorNation

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/12/14 04:11 AM

Dang right great place to have at lake fork Oak Ridge Rules..... bump
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/12/14 04:17 AM

I like to buy them in person. Don't order online very often and I only order stuff online that I'm familiar with.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/13/14 09:12 PM

What I need but can't get at Bass Pro, I order from Tackle Warehouse. If I need something and I know they have it Bass Pro, I'll go there.
Posted By: tsig2012

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/13/14 10:28 PM

I almost exclusively order online better deals and I don't have to go to 8 different places to find one bait
Posted By: Big C

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/15/14 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: James Biggs

decent plug for your guy.

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/15/14 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Big C

They really do. That is why I wanted to be part of what they have going on. I figured as much as I shopped there, I might as well help advertise. It's not everyday that a mom and pop shop has that kind if selection. They listen to the fisherman.
Posted By: KMHendu

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/15/14 04:32 AM

I still like to go to the store most often. It makes me feel like a kid again, like Im in a toy store and in some ways I am.

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/15/14 04:40 AM

I like the store if possible as well. Most of the time baits are out of the package before I get home.
Posted By: AWS

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/15/14 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Big C

They really do. That is why I wanted to be part of what they have going on. I figured as much as I shopped there, I might as well help advertise. It's not everyday that a mom and pop shop has that kind if selection. They listen to the fisherman.

Best selection....can get what you want....they do listen.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/15/14 01:20 PM

If it is something that I have used in the past and it is a better price online or something that I can only find on line then I do that. I love looking at tackle in stores and usually find stuff to buy that I don't need because I already have more stuff than I can ever possibly throw in my lifetime, but then I am a tackle junky and need has nothing to do with it. LOL

I visit Alglers Pro Tackle and Academy regularly.
I order from Tackle warehouse, Brannans, Land big fish, and the Tackle trap.

For the latest and greatest stuff currently on the market......Anglers Pro Tackle.
For hard to find items...Kathy @ Brannans can help.
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/15/14 06:38 PM

Rick & Patty have a great store & yes they do listen to your needs.
Posted By: koko

Re: Ordering or buying baits? - 02/15/14 08:25 PM

Brannan's Bass Shop. If they don't have it which is rare they will order it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum