Texas Fishing Forum

Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews?

Posted By: the catcher

Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 04:26 PM

I don't own a boat so I do mostly open bank fishing and I can cast without obstructions. I'm using tx rigs, jigs up to 3/8, weightless flukes, jerk baits, weightless senkos, and some medium size cranks. Looking to replace a Johnny Morris black on one of my set ups. I've read about the Lews and the new Tatula and both seem great. Looking for suggestions on which to get. I also have a citica 200e and a Bass pro qualifier.
Posted By: mtannerworley

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 04:59 PM

the new curado will be out at the end of this month. Retail $179.99. It is a kick a$$ reel. Defanilty worth the money.
Posted By: andyr21

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 05:03 PM

I LOVE LEWS! Never had an issue. Great products!
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 05:16 PM

I have 2 Lew's Tournament Speed Spool's, $149 on tacklewarehouse, free shipping. Love the reels, great castability, good drag, caught both my DD's with the Lew's so there is a special place in my heart for Lew's lol. I throw t-rig, c-rig, jig, and swim bait mostly with them.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 05:25 PM

Just picked up a Pro Qualifier. at 100 bucks, It is pretty tough to beat. seriously thinking bout selling a couple of shimanos and going all PQs. Never thought I would do this. The new Curado better be awesome
Posted By: Michael.Beaty

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 05:26 PM

I would say revo sx but out of the two you are debating between I would go with the tatula have stripped out multiple lews reels
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 06:23 PM

Shimano or Daiwa over lews any day.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 06:27 PM

Spend the extra $50 and get Diawa Tatula R series !!!
Great reel...you won't regret it
or contact Carlos Rivera on here....he will save you some bucks fish
Posted By: Slade

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 06:48 PM

I have all reels that have been mentioned in this post and they are all good. But I have been blown away with my tatula. I have some reels that I spent more money on, but the tatula is my favorite. Casts smoother and farther and more line capacity. That's my vote.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Baitcast for $150 or less tatula or lews? - 02/08/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: outfishdya
Just picked up a Pro Qualifier. at 100 bucks, It is pretty tough to beat. seriously thinking bout selling a couple of shimanos and going all PQs. Never thought I would do this. The new Curado better be awesome

Nothing better for the money.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum