Texas Fishing Forum

any info on lake worth???

Posted By: Bass4life21

any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 12:39 AM

cant find the bass out there anyone got any tips
Posted By: DieselP2

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 01:10 AM

Always been very tough for me in the winter. My best advice would be to idle up the river and flip a jig but its a long idle for sometimes poor results
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 02:44 AM

Wait Til summer is literally the best advice. Winter fishing has always been tough out there.
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 03:27 AM

In winter, Drag a halo jig on rocks with sun exposure. Only thing I seem to get bit on in winter
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 04:18 AM

Always done the best in cold water/winter up in the river area. I can remember one trip in 40 degree water where we caught 30-35 fish just flipping shallow stuff up there. they freight trained it at times. Look for places that hold heat and have some cover.
Posted By: Tjhook

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 04:33 AM

Im not sure if you can even make it up the river now...pretty sure they have the south side of the bridge blocked off atleast they did a few weeks ago

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: tjhook
Im not sure if you can even make it up the river now...pretty sure they have the south side of the bridge blocked off atleast they did a few weeks ago

Its been at least 2 years since i was up there so its best to go with better advice than I have,,,, cheers
Posted By: Tjhook

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 02:47 PM

Well mark if you ever want to give it another run let me know...I got a charger 173 that'll easily sit in the shallowest parts of that river...
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 03:01 PM

from what i was told this weekend it is manageable to get up the river...just takes longer due to the "idle" only rule.

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: tjhook
Well mark if you ever want to give it another run let me know...I got a charger 173 that'll easily sit in the shallowest parts of that river...

I have the run saved as a trail I think but its all relative to water level. I hate that they made it idle only as it means its all but impossible to fish it in the night tournaments and then even on a full day you gotta commit to it up there because of the time factor. Those fish get fickle with pressure up there too.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 09:16 PM

We did they implement the idle only rule? Last time I was there some jack [censored] was going as fast as his little aluminum john boat could go up there. Can't believe he never hit any stumps.

Re: any info on lake worth??? - 01/30/14 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery
We did they implement the idle only rule? Last time I was there some jack [censored] was going as fast as his little aluminum john boat could go up there. Can't believe he never hit any stumps.

Year or so ago I think
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum