Posted By: 4blade

lake tyler!!! - 01/27/14 02:27 AM

still sucks lamo!
Posted By: Caught1

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/27/14 03:24 AM

Yes it does.
Posted By: KJfisher

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/27/14 03:48 AM

I was planning on making a trip there this spring for the weekend to camp and fish. Why's the fishing suck? I thought I've heard the bass fishing is decent. Is there no water?
Posted By: O da Pines

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/27/14 05:13 AM

The city of Tyler dropped a A bomb on all vegetation. So history repeats itself. No Grass no Bass.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/27/14 04:28 PM

Yep...they even wiped out the coontail.
Posted By: Jeremy S.

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/27/14 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: HYDRILLA GORILLA!
still sucks lamo!

TFF needs a "like" button.

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/27/14 04:39 PM

Yep...they even wiped out the coontail.
Posted By: bassdoode

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/27/14 04:44 PM

frkazoid

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/28/14 12:54 AM

I bet it picks up it always does.

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/28/14 01:31 AM

Eric was that you in the silver triton? Jeremy you are so right. Funny thing is when the lake is full I won't go anywhere else.

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/28/14 01:32 AM

Robert you know it will!
Posted By: KJfisher

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/28/14 02:38 AM

I've heard of this happening on other lakes too. Thats too bad
Posted By: Stew

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/28/14 02:55 AM

Don't know what y'all are talking about. We stroked them yesterday. Only fished two hours and had two fish for 3 maybe even 3.25lbs.
Posted By: pinesjunkie

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/28/14 02:58 AM

Not looking forward to fishing this hole for the next few weeks frown
Posted By: Carrot Stix

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/28/14 04:03 AM

Lol@ stew....
Tyler will put out some bags , just a matter of time
Posted By: Razorback

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/28/14 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: pinesjunkie
Not looking forward to fishing this hole for the next few weeks frown

If the water doesn't warm up it's going to be Palestine Part II, Brad. Right now it doesn't look good. Both the 6-10 day and 8-14 day long range forecasts are calling for below normal temperatures. Tonight's 15-17 degrees won't help, either.

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/29/14 01:11 AM

Yea I know I have just been sitting at the house thinking nope going to give it a week or 3 before I go lol

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/29/14 01:23 AM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9543132/Rita_Cox_2014_Schedule#Post9543132

Rita Cox is having a tournament this Saturday on Tyler.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/29/14 04:34 AM

Are you fishing it Fast Lane? I have not been on Tyler in 3 months. When I was there last it was a tough bite. doesn't sound like it has gotten any better. I am hoping that the fish have survived the variety of poisons they have put into the lake in the name of Hydrilla elimination. Like Carrot Stix said it is a matter of time. But the temps need to come up the activate the fish that have survived..

Jody

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/29/14 05:32 PM

I have not been since New Years Day and it was tough then too. My boat was in the shop getting some work done. I am going to fish the Rita Cox Saturday without pre-fishing..just play it by ear:)

In my opinion the big fish didn't die out. They are still there just more scattered and suspended. In my experience fish tend to school up in vegetation in an ambush mode and it puts them in a more catchable position. No vegetation in an older lake really makes it difficult. Last year when the lake level came up from 6 ft low to 3 ft low, it was really tough until March. Rising Cold water like we had tends to scatter the fish, rising warm water tends to pull them extremely shallow. These on going cold fronts, followed by high pressure every week isn't helping either. Just my thoughts.. If we had grass, they trap bite would be on like Donkey Kong though:)
Posted By: Razorback

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/29/14 10:56 PM

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I went out and ran around the lake without a fish Sunday afternoon. Water temp was 46-47. I live just north of Lake Tyler East. It was about 23 degrees yesterday morning, it got up to about 35 for a high, and was 16 when I went out this morning. It's 39 degrees right now, headed back into the low to mid 20s tonight.

A couple of warm afternoons this weekend aren't going to do much to warm the water. Then...we have a chance of more winter weather the early to middle part of next week with highs near 40 and lows below freezing. If you believe the ten day forecast, there is supposed to be another chance of rain/snow Friday of next week...

I think we all want to hurry spring and the prespawn/spawn along, but Mother Nature ain't cooperating.
Posted By: Jhaskins88

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/30/14 03:49 AM

I'll be on Tyler fishing the Rita tournament as should be fun wink
Posted By: Tom Mayne Fishing Guide Lanes

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/30/14 03:52 AM

In my opinion we had alot of rain with temps in the low 30's which enables the water to get colder deeper than usual. With that said the surface temps will still rise as it warms but will take longer to sustain and make a difference. That factor alone will delay everything. It will get better but later than sooner.

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/30/14 05:01 AM

I will be graphing fri/sat don't think I will even pull a rod out
Posted By: dcutt7712

Re: lake tyler!!! - 01/30/14 03:06 PM

At least you got tugged on Kenny!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum