Texas Fishing Forum

FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9

Posted By: Rob Lay

FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/15/14 10:11 PM

Who's in Pro or Co?

Chad McClendon and I are traveling down together for Co side. We're signed up for the entire Tour. Chad has some Tour experience, but this will be my first along with lakes outside Texas. Looking forward to the experience, I can't expect to be very competitive, but I can expect to stay out of pros way, learn something, have fun, and hopefully no zeros.
Posted By: GrassProShop Jim

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/15/14 11:15 PM

woot thumb fish

Have fun!

Jim
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/15/14 11:29 PM

I got a tip or two for ya. I was a co there last year. Send me a PM and I will tell you the 3-4 baits to have.

AWESOME LAKE!!

I'll be back....one day.

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/15/14 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
I got a tip or two for ya. I was a co there last year. Send me a PM and I will tell you the 3-4 baits to have.

I will when you clear your box. smile
Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 02:03 AM

Good luck Rob!!! Hope both of you guys do well and have a good time.
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 01:57 PM

Wishing I was fishing the Tour again this year. It was a blast last season. Hoping to be back out there next year. Don't rule out a golden shiner spinnerbait.

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

I will when you clear your box. smile

Sorry! smile Cleaned out a few.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 03:03 PM

You going to post live video updates for the TFF?
Posted By: Pkguy

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 03:09 PM

when are they going to let us pick our fantasy teams?
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan

Lol

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 03:59 PM

and I will have live updates every 5 minutes just for the TFF! wink

funny, but in the FLW Tour rules the pro can ask coangler to post social media updates for them during the day. you can tell them no, but funny they actually have something in there about social media updates. smile
Posted By: CUTriton

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 06:37 PM

After reading this thread I contacted our customer fishing the same event (a local to the big O)I got permission to communicate with you...your choice you can call or pm me, you'll have to do it soon our schedule is filling up for Gville.

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay

and I will have live updates every 5 minutes just for the TFF! wink

funny, but in the FLW Tour rules the pro can ask coangler to post social media updates for them during the day. you can tell them no, but funny they actually have something in there about social media updates. smile

Last year they couldn't update.....but they realized the "power" behind facebook....guess they changed the rule. Imagine if you don't like your boater....you could post "opposite" what they tell you. smile
Posted By: snickers

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 07:24 PM

Why would you spend your time jacking with anything but the fish.
Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
Why would you spend your time jacking with anything but the fish.

When we are traveling or I have five fatties in the box I will post to social media. Otherwise my head is staying in the game.

They just announced a field of 180 boats for the Okeechobee event and will be paying 90 places. Needless to say I am about as excited as I have ever been about a tournament.

I am feeling Blessed to be a part of this. Thank You to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, FLW Outdoors, Legend Boats, Billy Sartin with Sartin Marine, Tommy Yetts and Rockwall Marine, Papa's Baits, Lunkercatch.com, Chuck Turner with Service Marine, Ronnie Parker and Lake Fork Trophy Lures, Reel Time Rods and Ron and Tina Grantham, Tommy Hagler and Hag's Tornado Bait, Mike McWhorter with Clown Company, and J C Outdoors Bass Trails and all of my angling friends and family who support me.
Posted By: Zach Caudle

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 10:21 PM

See you guys down there! Big O should be awesome.
Posted By: jwallbassin

Re: FLW Tour - Okeechobee 2/6-9 - 01/16/14 10:25 PM

Man I tried to get in as a co but waited to long. Didnt realize how fast it fills up. Good luck to yall! I just read Clark Reehm will be fishing the Tour this year, he will be one of the ones Im rooting for on the boater side.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum