Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone on Lake Texoma

Posted By: CesarG

Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 02:05 AM

Going to be near the lake texoma area and figured id put the boat on the truck and make a trip out of it... Anyone been there for bass... Lake levels ? Spots? Red river? Let me know guys? Thanks
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 02:31 AM

Yeah...last I was there the ramps at Lighthouse were out of the water !...where can a man launch a glass boat ?
Posted By: I AM LEGEND!

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 03:30 AM

You can still launch at the Tx side ramp at the dam. Which puts you in the most consistent area to fish this time of year. The dam end of the lake fishes pretty good during winter & summer. The depth & clearer water really help. Crankbaits, Jigs, drop shot, & usually a jerk bait, but the jerk bait bite has REALLY been off so far. There are tons of steep rocky banks to fish near the dam.

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 03:58 AM

Thanks legend. What is the boat ramp called ?

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 04:09 AM

Great question, it's the Corp ramp at the dam. I've lived here 15 yrs & never thought of what we called it. LOL Google map it & check out the satellite view. It's right on the southern corner of the dam...you can't miss it. You'll exit turn off of I-75 & head north to the dam & turn left just before you go over the dam.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 05:13 AM

If you're by yourself you might be better off going to the State Park - Eisenhower. There is a dock there and there's not one at the ramp by the dam...just rocks to beach on. It's just down the road a couple of miles. Take exit 91 off 75 to the dam and turn left on 1310, you'll run right into the State Park. I think it costs $5 to launch. Find the shad to find the fish. Good luck!

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 07:17 PM

went today and came back early... got a couple bites and put two on the boat. good time. went to the eisenhower state park ramp. i like the ramp.

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 07:24 PM

Good for you CesarG...glad you had a good time!

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 07:41 PM

i would love to get to know the lake more. nice lake. very close to my parents house so figured it be a nice trip when i visit there...

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 08:03 PM

Yes it is, it's the lake I fish most often.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 10:02 PM

Eisenhower is a good place to launch. Congrats on boating a couple...you must have found some shad.

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/03/14 10:49 PM

i did at the main lake point and threw a square bill... nice fish.. how does the lake take wind? tomorrow is going to be SSE at 15mph I've got talons on the boat but just wanted to know if the look got too bad at 15... some lakes do others don't... thanks bigs and legend

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/04/14 12:17 AM

Where you're at fishes real well with a South or Southeast wind & 15 mph is not bad at all on Texocean, LOL. Plenty of south banks to skirt if it were to get up over 15mph too.

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/04/14 12:21 AM

sweet. Thanks man

Re: Anyone on Lake Texoma - 01/04/14 02:01 AM

Be careful tomorrow man, KXII weather is saying 25-35 out of the south. With winds that high you'll need to skirt the south bank for sure.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum