Texas Fishing Forum

Monticello advice

Posted By: BeardedBanker

Monticello advice - 12/29/13 06:59 PM

Going to Monticello for the first time. Can someone tell me where a good ramp is and if it is safe to run the lake? Any other advice would be appreciated.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Monticello advice - 12/29/13 07:22 PM

There is only 2 ramps on the whole lake. I am pretty sure you can run everywhere except under the railroad bridge.
Posted By: BeardedBanker

Re: Monticello advice - 12/29/13 07:26 PM

Where are the two ramps?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Monticello advice - 12/29/13 08:30 PM

There are two ramps on Monticello...only if you count the two that are side by side in the county park as two! The only boat ramps on Monticello are in a county park off county road 2710. Just look at Google Maps and you can see the park and the lake. The south end of the lake is wide open with the exception of obvious points that come out a ways. The northern upper 1/2 of the lake under the Highway 127 bridge after the first few hundred yards is full of trees and with the lake level full it is not that obvious. Until you learn where to and not to run in upper end....idle! It's not that big up there anyway.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Monticello advice - 12/29/13 08:32 PM

The only ramps on the lake are in the Titus County Park off of Hwy FM 127. There is a $2 per person entry fee that you have to pay at the gate.

The lower half (from the dam to the car bridge) is open and you can run anywhere. Above the car (Hwy 127) bridge the trees start about 3/4 of a mile from the bridge. Most of the trees are broken off just below the surface of the water. Trust me they are there. It's ldle only from this point up lake or under the railroad bridge up Smith creek.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Monticello advice - 12/29/13 10:37 PM

after going under the highway bridge you can turn to the right (east) about 60 degrees and run towards the discharge area.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum