Texas Fishing Forum

Revo Rocket Reviews

Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Revo Rocket Reviews - 12/11/13 01:19 AM

Now that the new has wore off, how do you guys that have had them a while feel about them now?
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Revo Rocket Reviews - 12/11/13 03:29 AM

Anybody?
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Revo Rocket Reviews - 12/11/13 12:31 PM

They are very smooth. It has speed but is lacking in power due to the 9-1 gear ratio but that is to be expected. I would suggest mostly throwing lighter baits on it or use it for top water and buzz baits. It would work well with weightless soft plastics if you use a bait caster for that also.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Revo Rocket Reviews - 12/11/13 02:26 PM

Wondered the same thing. Have all Revo's and looked at the Rocket but now kind of looking at the Tatula in 8:1 that everyone is raving about. No one has complained about the "lack of leverage" due to the higher gear ratio.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- James Caldemeyer

Re: Revo Rocket Reviews - 12/11/13 02:49 PM

The Rocket is a great reel. I have been using it since its prototype phase in Oct 2012. It has a lot of torque and will pull fish from thick cover quickly. My best usage of it has been for frogs, buzz baits, flipping mats, timber, or brush and during the spawn for weightless worms. Mine are also very durable and holding up well after almost everyday use
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Revo Rocket Reviews - 12/11/13 03:26 PM

like mine, anything you need to pick up line fast, been throwing flutter spoons alot with it.
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Revo Rocket Reviews - 12/11/13 04:07 PM

Thank you for the replies. I was thinking about flipping with it and using it more for hand to hand combat situations. Sounds like it is good for more than that.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Revo Rocket Reviews - 12/11/13 04:12 PM

I was using mine for pitching finesse jigs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum