Texas Fishing Forum

Houston County?

Posted By: AgFisher08

Houston County? - 11/27/13 01:46 PM

Anyone been there recently? Thinking about heading out there next Friday. Im sure the weather recently has made it tough but have never fished there in the fall and would like to give it a shot.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Houston County? - 11/27/13 05:20 PM

I need to hit that lake, it's been way too long.
Posted By: C.J

Re: Houston County? - 11/27/13 08:22 PM

The lake has been on fire! You should do really good!
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Houston County? - 11/27/13 09:31 PM

The lake is ALWAYS on fire if you know how to fish it. This time of year it should be a real good crank bite going on
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Houston County? - 11/28/13 06:45 AM

Never fished it, but from things I have read and watched it's on my top 5 lakes to go to.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Houston County? - 11/28/13 04:25 PM

I was up there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, nice lake. I did not do real well, but I felt okay about the day since it was cold and windy. Caught a lot of spots on a shakey head, best fish was on a square bill. I will be back.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Houston County? - 11/28/13 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: E5Zero
I was up there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, nice lake. I did not do real well, but I felt okay about the day since it was cold and windy. Caught a lot of spots on a shakey head, best fish was on a square bill. I will be back.

Funny you caught a lot of spots. The last couple years they have been almost non-existent and just about 3 months ago we started catching them regularly again. About 5-6 years ago it wasn't anything to go out and catch 25 spots a day between 1-3 pounds. I even caught a 4.22 one day on a jig under a boat dock. That lake used to be chock full of big spotted bass. I think when the grass showed up they all went to deeper water and are just now regulating back to the shallower water "less than 20".
Posted By: Greg J

Re: Houston County? - 11/28/13 05:13 PM

Just fished there over the weekend 16/17 Nov and the water was quite low. Getting out of Crockett was motor up and slow going. Stumps are sticking out all over...so be careful. We did catch plenty though and numbers of 3,4 and 5 lbers hitting cranks, c-rig and shakey head baits. I found the bite to be about 3-8 ft on most. Good Luck!
Posted By: Greg J

Re: Houston County? - 11/28/13 05:15 PM

BTW, that was a local Club tournament we fished and results reflected above and although some good fish were caught we have done much better in the past.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Houston County? - 12/01/13 01:16 PM

Saturday 11-30; 2 boats fished HC Lake real hard and only a few small fish. Nothing to write home about. Anybody fish there Saturday and do any better ?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum