Texas Fishing Forum

Gvine Closing

Posted By: Clay Shipe

Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 05:56 PM

Buddy of mine is out there right now, he says Katies Woods Ramp is Closed. Dove is open right now but they told him it will be Closed tomorrow. I believe those are the deepest ramps out there.

Just a heads up!
Posted By: Skeeter_Man1

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 06:02 PM

Wow we need rain!
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 06:30 PM

Row boat
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 06:32 PM

I knew it was getting low out there but dang
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 06:41 PM

Why dove? There is still plenty of water there... I thought anyway!
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JoshMan734

Kinda what I was thinking. I know it's flat but figured it went out quite a ways more.
Posted By: texmilguy30

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 08:34 PM

I was gonna get out there sunday....looks like no
Posted By: Zach S

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 08:48 PM

I haven't had any problems with Katies Woods and I'm out there 3-4 times a week. I knew this was coming soon though with people posting signs at the ramp to launch at your own risk. I hope we get some rain soon and ALOT of it.
Posted By: Sparlin

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 09:27 PM

Well this sucks. Finally had a weekend off to go fishing and now the closest lake is closed. Anyone fishing RR on Sunday need a partner let me know.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 09:34 PM

so where are there any ramps to launch GV without KW and DL?
Posted By: Eddie201

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay

I think last time lake got this low, Silver Lake Marina was only ramp open. Never used it, heard its really steep.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 09:57 PM

Just find ya a bank and get your 4wd ready. LOl
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 10:06 PM

The weather is gonna try to help the next few days, lets hope its at least a few inches.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Eddie201
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay

I think last time lake got this low, Silver Lake Marina was only ramp open. Never used it, heard its really steep.

I haven't been to Silver Lake ramp in a few months but last time I was there the ramp was in really bad shape. They had construction barricades blocking half of it. Maybe it's fixed by now.
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 10:20 PM

Last time when the lake was this low I remember them charging a ridiculous fee to launch there. They were the only ramp open.
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 10:52 PM

I just launched my deep v 19' long with no problems. Plenty of water.
Posted By: EarRings

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 10:53 PM

I've seen a couple of boats launch out of silver lake a couple weeks back and even then that ramp was pretty rough.

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/21/13 10:58 PM

Silver lake ramp is in Bad shape and that's making it sound good! U can launch from dove now with no problems! If the lake lost another ft it would still be good! I'll try and contact ACOE in the morning to try an get further details!
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 12:09 AM

Dove Loop ramp worked just fine today, but the city parks and rec guy said the corp of engineers is gonna keep pulling more water off and make the ramp unusable. As long as you don't back 30ft into the water it's fine.
Posted By: Mike Andrews

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Justin DuBose
Dove Loop ramp worked just fine today, but the city parks and rec guy said the corp of engineers is gonna keep pulling more water off and make the ramp unusable. As long as you don't back 30ft into the water it's fine.

Any reason why they're pulling water with the lake as low as it is?

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 12:49 AM

Ppl want green grass!

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 12:50 AM

Justin... So the parks and rec guy said they are for sure closing dove?

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 02:21 AM

Yes, parks guy said he was gonna close it tomorrow. He also said they are pulling water off grapevine because they are working on lake lewisville's damn. I'm not sure why they need to pull water off Gvine to work on lewisville.

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 02:31 AM

They have been talking about working on about 10 dams around the area the past few yrs! Never actually seen one being worked on! Hmmmmmm confused spam I guess we'll see or pray for rain, Job 5:10! Like 10 inches this weekend! And the looks of tonight storm... We ain't getting any like normal! AWESOME!! bang hammer
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 03:00 AM

They have been talking about working on about 10 dams around the area the past few yrs! Never actually seen one being worked on! Hmmmmmm confused spam I guess we'll see or pray for rain, Job 5:10! Like 10 inches this weekend! And the looks of tonight storm... We ain't getting any like normal! AWESOME!! bang hammer

Well. . .some of them they work on from the inside. . .just sayin.

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 03:15 AM

From the inside huh?!?! I'm not real bright... Lots of ppl know this so please explain!
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 03:30 AM

Were they biting? What is fishing report?

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 03:46 AM

They weren't biting, should of went crappie fishing.....
Posted By: JBellZX250

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 04:14 AM

They weren't biting, should of went crappie fishing.....

Sucked for me too. I graphed fish stacked up deep and caught 2 real quick at the end of the day and then they disappeared. Lost a 4lber off the dam too. All my bites were light and the fish did not put up a fight!

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 04:22 AM

What was water temps?
Posted By: JBellZX250

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 04:44 AM

60-62

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 04:44 PM

Just got off the phone with Parks and Rec and they said KW is in fact closed! They are dropping water to "work on the dam"! But
Dove Loop
McPhersons
Lake view north and south
Oak grove soccer fields
Sandbass Point

All remain open for at least now! Silverlake is a private ramp so need to contact the marina for their ramp but again IMO is in rough shape! All other ramps are closed on the south side of the lake!
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/22/13 07:39 PM

Thanks for the update and fishing reports
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Gvine Closing - 11/29/13 07:17 AM

A lot of these ramps get closed after someone damages their trailer and complains to the controlling authority. The last time I was at Katie's Woods some backed a double axle pontoon boat off the end of the ramp. The smart thing would have been to take the boat off for an easy pull out, but they kicked in the 4wd on their 3/4 ton truck and yanked one of the axles out of the trailer. Grapevine just spent money to extend the dock out further at Katie's Woods. I could have used that ramp for a while yet.

I think the Tradwick ramp might still be open.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum