Texas Fishing Forum

Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey

Posted By: Rockie Martin

Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/14/13 04:18 PM

Nov. 12, 2013

TPWD Shocks Up Big Bass at Lake Ray Hubbard

Recent electrofishing surveys conducted by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) Inland Fisheries biologists turned up a surprising number of big largemouth bass in Lake Ray Hubbard.

TPWD’s Inland Fisheries district office in Fort Worth is responsible for managing and monitoring Lake Ray Hubbard’s fishery. Each fall they conduct a nighttime electrofishing survey on Lake Ray Hubbard. Electrofishing, commonly known as “shocking,” uses electricity to temporarily stun fish, which are then collected using dipnets, measured and weighed.

The two-night survey consisted of 24 randomly selected stations around the shoreline of the lake. Each area was electrofished for five minutes and all target species, which included shad, sunfish and black bass, were collected.

Despite low water levels, this year’s survey revealed record catch rates for largemouth bass over 14 inches. Incredibly, the best five fish weighed 34.62 lbs. That is not bad for a lake within easy driving distance for many DFW area anglers.

Most big fish were collected along the many areas of riprap found around the lake. The two biggest fish were each 23 inches long and weighed 8.1 and 7.2 pounds.

Ray Hubbard continues to be a great spot for sportfishing and has produced two Toyota ShareLunkers, fish weighing 13 pounds or more. The most recent ShareLunker entry was in 2003.

Because of its big fish history and good habitat, Ray Hubbard has been stocked annually with Florida largemouth bass since 2010. This year TPWD added another 502,264 fingerlings with expectations that the Florida influence will produce even more big fish.

2013-11-12
Posted By: larrywc

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/14/13 04:50 PM

good info
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/14/13 05:36 PM

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/releases/?req=20131112c
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/14/13 06:03 PM

U still hear people say Ray Hubbard doesn't have any fish. Really
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/14/13 06:13 PM

Hubbard has them, there is no doubt. It can be challenging at times to find them. However, when you do it's crazy good.
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/15/13 01:51 PM

I live 15 minute from Ray Hubbard never fishing it. I fished every lake in east tx. Always have plan to bass fish the lake, just never get around to it. Went over the lake going to bob sandlin Monday. Spent 100 buck in gas. Ray hubbard would be cheaper to fish about 2 gallon of gas.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/15/13 02:18 PM

Ray Hubbard aka Lake Z is a mudhole and doesn't have any fish in it, I would go elsewhere laugh
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/15/13 02:33 PM

Ask a biologist and they will tell you that big fish don't shock up well. A few twitches of the tail and they can escape the current. So the fact that they did that well shocking really says a lot for the lake.

Very nice to hear.
Posted By: Ram4bass

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/15/13 03:06 PM

Great info! I haven't had luck there in years, but I'm hearing more and more about this lake from friends and this forum....maybe time to take another look
Posted By: DuctsZX250

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/15/13 03:52 PM

Definitely have to pick and choose my times to fish Hubbard to keep my sanity due to all the pleasure boaters but I love the lake.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/15/13 04:43 PM

I know Hubbard is a good lake, i just rarely do well on it. Never really take the time to learn it, guess its time to do so
Posted By: RRogers

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 04:57 AM

THERE IS NOT A LOT TO LEARN, 30 ROCKS ALL DAY LONG, BACK AND FORTH, CRANK BAIT, SHAKEY HEAD WITH BIG HOOK RIGGED WITH A SENKO, PERIOD. THERE IS NO RIVER TO FISH. NINE OUT OF TEN TOURNAMENTS ARE WON THIS WAY WITH LOTS OF BIG SACKS. THE ONLY TIME THIS CHANGES IS WHEN THE LAKE HAS ENOUGH WATER TO BRING THE RIVER INTO PLAY. THERE IS NO MYSTERY TO IT. CHARTRUSE 2.5, SEXY SHAD SERIES 5, 8" SENKO GREEN PUMPKIN OR JUNE BUG, GO TO WAL MART BUY THE ARKIE SHAKEY HEAD IN 1/4 OZ SIZE, REMOVE THE FACTORY WIRE AND REPLACE WITH A SCREW LOCK, SCREW THE SENKO ON, SET THE BOAT IN 18 FT OF WATER, CAST UP TO THE BANK ON THE ROCKS AND WORK THE BAIT BACK OUT UNTIL IT IS DIRECTLY UNDER THE BOAT. SLOW. YOU WILL GET HUNG UP ALOT, WHEN YOU GET HUNG UP USE THE T MOTOR AND GO PAST WHERE YOU ARE HUNG UP AND POP THE BAIT FREE, IF IT DOESN'T COME FREE BREAK IT OFF, SIT DOWN AND TYE ANOTHER ONE ON AND TRY AGAIN. TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE DEPTH YOU ARE GETTING BIT AND NARROW YOU'RE FOCUS TO THAT DEPTH. YOU WILL BREAK OFF OFTEN THIS WAY BUT THAT IS THE TICKET TO THE 30 ROCKS. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.
Posted By: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 04:59 AM

Well there you have it. Now you know.

Thanks
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 11:44 AM

Did BPS have any influence in the stockings of Floridas , years ago you could not buy a respectable bass out there .
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Did BPS have any influence in the stockings of Floridas , years ago you could not buy a respectable bass out there .

30 years ago ?????
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 01:29 PM

Good Lake, Wish I knew it better.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: refugio
THERE IS NOT A LOT TO LEARN, 30 ROCKS ALL DAY LONG, BACK AND FORTH, CRANK BAIT, SHAKEY HEAD WITH BIG HOOK RIGGED WITH A SENKO, PERIOD. THERE IS NO RIVER TO FISH. NINE OUT OF TEN TOURNAMENTS ARE WON THIS WAY WITH LOTS OF BIG SACKS. THE ONLY TIME THIS CHANGES IS WHEN THE LAKE HAS ENOUGH WATER TO BRING THE RIVER INTO PLAY. THERE IS NO MYSTERY TO IT. CHARTRUSE 2.5, SEXY SHAD SERIES 5, 8" SENKO GREEN PUMPKIN OR JUNE BUG, GO TO WAL MART BUY THE ARKIE SHAKEY HEAD IN 1/4 OZ SIZE, REMOVE THE FACTORY WIRE AND REPLACE WITH A SCREW LOCK, SCREW THE SENKO ON, SET THE BOAT IN 18 FT OF WATER, CAST UP TO THE BANK ON THE ROCKS AND WORK THE BAIT BACK OUT UNTIL IT IS DIRECTLY UNDER THE BOAT. SLOW. YOU WILL GET HUNG UP ALOT, WHEN YOU GET HUNG UP USE THE T MOTOR AND GO PAST WHERE YOU ARE HUNG UP AND POP THE BAIT FREE, IF IT DOESN'T COME FREE BREAK IT OFF, SIT DOWN AND TYE ANOTHER ONE ON AND TRY AGAIN. TRY TO FIGURE OUT THE DEPTH YOU ARE GETTING BIT AND NARROW YOU'RE FOCUS TO THAT DEPTH. YOU WILL BREAK OFF OFTEN THIS WAY BUT THAT IS THE TICKET TO THE 30 ROCKS. GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.

Climer, are you taking notes??
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)

Climer, are you taking notes??
Heavy Sack writing them down as fast as possible!!
Posted By: picklefork

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 04:34 PM

Sure missed you and Tony at the Basscat tourney T.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 04:38 PM

I scanned it and laminated it. I taped it to the windshield on the boat so I stay focused. Can I buy those shaky head things in bulk?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 04:56 PM

I scanned it and laminated it. I taped it to the windshield on the 'Cat so I stay focused. Can I buy those shaky head things in bulk?
You better hurry I just made my order!!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: picklefork
Sure missed you and Tony at the Basscat tourney T.
congrats on y'all's big win bud that was awsome to hear you won
Posted By: RL206

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw

Years ago the bass would stack up on deep structure and it was ten times better than it is now. This lake fishes very small compared to how it used to. There used to be some heavy stringers caught where Barnes Bridge Rd. crossed the levee. The hybrid stripers have taken over most of the deep structure. I used to catch a lot of bass off the gravel pits before the Sandbass and Hybrids took over. Its still a good lake, it just fishes real small.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: T CLIMER
I scanned it and laminated it. I taped it to the windshield on the 'Cat so I stay focused. Can I buy those shaky head things in bulk?

I'm just glad the secret had been revealed. Looks like you and I missed the memo on that until now!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 05:52 PM

I'm just glad the secret had been revealed. Looks like you and I missed the memo on that until now!
I tried to tell you that's how it would get won the day we fished that tourny, but now I'm glad we know the secrets of the Ray Hubbard locals now!!!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 06:18 PM

I can't wait to go spend a day of fishing rocks and re-rigging!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 06:32 PM

I can't wait to go spend a day of fishing rocks and re-rigging!
Nothing like breaking off $100 worth of shaky heads love tieing my knots!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 07:43 PM

You two don't even know what a shaky head is.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

I actually saw Tommy with a wacky worm and a drop shot tied on recently, I bet he has added the shakyhead to his finesse arsenal...

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 08:58 PM

Lol. I bought a pack once.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 09:03 PM

Lol. I bought a pack once.

You just thought they were crankbait or jig rattles..... rolfmao

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 09:06 PM

The line I use doesn't even fit thru the eye of the jig head. Gave them to Tiltman as a Christmas present.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/17/13 09:11 PM

The line I use doesn't even fit thru the eye of the jig head. Gave them to Tiltman as a Christmas present.

Tilton = Don Iovano grin

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 01:27 AM

Tilton = Don Iovano grin

I re-gifted them to T Ross

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Tiltman

Tilton = Don Iovano grin

I re-gifted them to T Ross

rolfmao
Posted By: Rog

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 01:39 AM

Couple of techniques left off to go along with the others. Find the deep patches of hydrilla in the rocks there are a few spots it always grows along the power plant jetty. Wacky rigged water Mellon frys and senko type baits and chatter baits in white along the rocks minimize the hang ups. Wind blown main lake points with stick baits there is one point south of 30 they stack up on in 1-8ft when it's right.......
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:11 AM

Why are you yelling?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Rog
Couple of techniques left off to go along with the others. Find the deep patches of hydrilla in the rocks there are a few spots it always grows along the power plant jetty. Wacky rigged water Mellon frys and senko type baits and chatter baits in white along the rocks minimize the hang ups. Wind blown main lake points with stick baits there is one point south of 30 they stack up on in 1-8ft when it's right.......

Hydrilla on the jetty??? Climer, you and I have got to get out and learn this lake they call Ray Hubbard! I bet I can get Tiltman and Gandy to go as well.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Rog

Hydrilla on the jetty??? Climer, you and I have got to get out and learn this lake they call Ray Hubbard! I bet I can get Tiltman and Gandy to go as well.
I'm all for a good educational trip to this body of water!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:37 AM

Man no kidding , I love to fish Hydrilla especially the deep stuff it soooooo hard to find

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:37 AM

I FIGURE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE PRESSURE THEM, MAYBE THEY WILL MOVE. I DON'T REALLY ENJOY FISHING THE ROCKS. MAYBE WE CAN PRESSURE THEM OUT INTO THE TIMBER. IF YOU GET BORED WITH THE ROCKS, GO TO THE MARINAS, THROW A SWIM JIG DOWN THE FLOATING STYROFOAM BLOCKS AND BRING IT BACK SLOW ENOUGH TO GET IT DOWN A FEW FEET, THEY SUSPEND ON THE DOCKS UNDER THE STYROFOAM. AND REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:44 AM

Refugio......is your caplock button stuck?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:48 AM

Is that what TOMCAT21 meant by yelling? I suppose I am computer illiterate.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:49 AM

They've been pressured on the rocks for 40 years. Think we've got them on the verge!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:49 AM

Yes all caps = mad

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:51 AM

The only hydrilla I have seen this year is at the ramp, about 2 sprouts, oh and the whole North end of Fork.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:54 AM

Crankinstein, you must really know the lake well, maybe you could share some of you're better techniques.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:55 AM

I don't know the lake as well as I thought. Learning lots!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:57 AM

Sorry. That hydrilla may have blown off my boat as I was going over the bridges coming home from Fork.
Posted By: Ranger1960

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:59 AM

I'm on my way to wallmart to pick up some baits.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:00 AM

Crankinstein, you must really know the lake well, maybe you could share some of you're better techniques.

His parents never really taught him to share , he was adopted and dealt with anger issues as a young man. His time in the pen really mellowed him but I doubt he'd spill the beans.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:00 AM

I don't know the lake as well as I thought. Learning lots!
I also heard Heavy Sack was the man on that lake! Please share your knowledge with us all, love to learn new things!!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:02 AM

I thought I sensed some sarcasm, my bad, I see now you are humble. Are you one of the local sticks on Ray Hubbard.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1960
I'm on my way to wallmart to pick up some baits.

Please save some for the rock newbies!! grin

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:05 AM

I thought I sensed some sarcasm, my bad, I see now you are humble. Are you one of the local sticks on Ray Hubbard.

That's a loaded question but yes he is one of the dicks on Ray Hubbard

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:06 AM

NO. I DON'T EVEN HAVE A TEXAS FISHING LICENSE!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:10 AM

Refugio , Climer is the real deal out there catch up with him out there he's always good for some info. You can't miss him just look for guy in a wrapped basscat speeding around from spot to spot with his orange and black jersey he looks like a big jack o lantern haulin ace by you!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:11 AM

What does it take to be considered a stick, how does one reach this status? I am sure a 1/4 oz. shakey head rigged with a large senko will catch many big fish on the rocks so what am I doing wrong? How can I earn the respect of the local sticks.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:12 AM

NO. I DON'T EVEN HAVE A TEXAS FISHING LICENSE!
Hey heavy sack I think I know who you are don't you run that big white express, dark hair and wear glasses sometimes i have seen you on the rocks before!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:12 AM

Sticks: Killingsworth, Climer, Tiltman, TDRoss.....just a few hammers out there

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:14 AM

I fished a few Tuesday night tournaments a while back and Tommy always scared me, he would stare me down.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:14 AM

What does it take to be considered a stick, how does one reach this status? I am sure a 1/4 oz. shakey head rigged with a large senko will catch many big fish on the rocks so what am I doing wrong? How can I earn the respect of the local sticks.

Hold on and I'll ask.....

Okay, Eric Gandy said best way to gain some respect among the accomplished anglers is to buy a lot of his baits.

Hope this helps

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:18 AM

I fished a few Tuesday night tournaments a while back and Tommy always scared me, he would stare me down.

Were you dressed like a hamburger?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:18 AM

Follow the guy in the white tin can that looks like Bill Nye the science guy he is the whole tree not just the stick!
Posted By: Eric Gandy

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:20 AM

Refugio, in all seriousness Tiltman can catch them out there too and is very forthcoming with info if you catch him on the lake. He drives a white Xpress and one of his arms flaps in the wind behind the boat when he's running.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:21 AM

Now I do recognize the name Killingsworth, I think he and Tucker won the LSB last year on Hubbard, maybe it wasn't Tucker, and I think Greg Yates had the big sack on day 2, and I am sure I know who Tiltman is, white express with duel power poles.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:22 AM

Were you dressed like a burger?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Climer taking unnecessary abuse in this thread. Tilton with honorable mention on Jack o lantern comment as well.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:24 AM

You guys have the wrong guy Tiltman has a bullet with a 300 on the back , heavy sack is the man out there keep pestering him.

Climer can be scary , just give him your lunch money and what ever food and drinks you have and you'll be fine.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:25 AM

Trivia question, who knows what Refugio is?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:27 AM

A Ray Hubbard stick?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:27 AM

No question Doug Renner

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:29 AM

Is it what Jerry Shipe drinks when he's outta rum ?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:29 AM

One time Climer was my navigator in a Triton that would only turn right, oh and he caught an 8 and change in my prop wash this past summer bang

Oh and the Reel Deal Hammer on Hubbard is Johnny "Ray Hubbard"! thumb

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:30 AM

No question Doug Renner

not I and its Re N er with one N Tilty

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:30 AM

I did meet and talk to Climers dad one day at the ramp at 66 a few years ago, enjoyed the conversation with him. I have never really met Tommy but I have seen him alot in the river when you could still get there in a boat.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Eric Gandy
Refugio, in all seriousness Tiltman can catch them out there too and is very forthcoming with info if you catch him on the lake. He drives a white Xpress and one of his arms flaps in the wind behind the boat when he's running.
he also answers to the Drop Shot Kidd! Looks like wired Al Yankovics cousin he is full of info and also does intructional trips!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:36 AM

Doug, didn't you use to go by Dougefresh or something like that?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:38 AM

Doug, didn't you use to go by Dougefresh or something like that?
That is Tiltmans other cousin he has lots of family in the area!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:39 AM

I did meet and talk to Climers dad one day at the ramp at 66 a few years ago, enjoyed the conversation with him. I have never really met Tommy but I have seen him alot in the river when you could still get there in a boat.

I got this pic of Climer up north today

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Eric Gandy
he also answers to the Drop Shot Kidd! Looks like wired Al Yankovics cousin he is full of info and also does intructional trips!

Coming from the great pumpkin.....nice

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:47 AM

I think I am starting to figure it out, is Jerry Shipe Clay Shipes kin folk? Jerry boats out of a TR20, white with a maroon inset, 225 Yamaha, and Doug has a very nice Cat with a SHO and twin power poles. The only a fore mentioned person I can't place is Crankenstein, is he in a bullet? I do occasionally see a red and white bullet out there, looks like McCalmonts old bullet from thirteen years ago.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:50 AM

Dang! U got me

Refugio is Nolan Ryans alma matter. Refugio Bobcats. The South Texas folks know where it is and most who ever ventured to Padre island passed through it.

That's him! Go tie up to his boat and say hi next time you see him.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:51 AM

I think I am starting to figure it out, is Jerry Shipe Clay Shipes kin folk? Jerry boats out of a TR20, white with a maroon inset, 225 Yamaha, and Doug has a very nice Cat with a SHO and twin power poles. The only a fore mentioned person I can't place is Crankenstein, is he in a bullet? I do occasionally see a red and white bullet out there, looks like McCalmonts old bullet from thirteen years ago.

Crank is in a Yak, it's tie-dye rainbow colors!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:51 AM

Dang! U got me

Liar!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:52 AM

So how did you achieve you're status as local stick? Did you once catch a heavy sack at Hubbard?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:55 AM

So how did you achieve you're status as local stick? Did you once catch a heavy sack at Hubbard?

he had 49 lbs in a Monday derby a few years back

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:56 AM

Dang! U got me

Liar!

Okay, okay...I'm in a white Xpress with a 115 Yamaha. And usually wearing a straw hat. If you see me beer me.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:57 AM

Dang! U got me

Liar!

Okay, okay...I'm in a white Xpress with a 115 Yamaha. And usually wearing a straw hat. If you see me beer me.

Do you live on the "Hill"?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:57 AM

he went out on some of DropShots trips and was well educated and that is all he catches is Heavy Sacks in that fast Bullett

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:58 AM

TRoss also a BassCat white and blue I think. Have I missed anyone cause I want to make sure you all get you're due. Gosh I suppose I too must spend a bit of time on this lake.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:58 AM

The cheeseburger comment was money.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:01 AM

How many years back, how far back can we go a still claim it?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:02 AM

And all fun aside is it a red and white bullet?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:04 AM

he went out on some of DropShots trips and was well educated and that is all he catches is Heavy Sacks in that fast Bullett

You and Tony Sr have been known to drop a shot or 2 on Fork lol

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:04 AM

And all fun aside is it a red and white bullet?
Yes it is!!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:06 AM

What is a Monday night derby?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:07 AM

Climer, Tilton, Killingsworth, Yates and many more are all "Hammers" on Hubbard actually.

It's a tough crowd to try and fish against, the good Lord knows they have taken a lot of my money, but everyone of them are stand up guys and just good folks!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:08 AM

Who is the GPS bandit in the blue Ranger?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:09 AM

Who is the GPS bandit in the blue Ranger?

HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) ???

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:09 AM

Is Tiltman dropshot? Getting confused again.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:15 AM

Yes he's the best! Just ask him.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:17 AM

Makes two of us

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:18 AM

This has been enjoyable, I guess I will watch for a bullet and a ranger, and steer clear of both. I will hope Tiltman is drop shot so all the Questions I had have been answered but two. C rankenstein won't give up his status earning techniques and I am still not real sure what he fishes out of. Oh, no one ever explained how far back we can go and still claim it.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:19 AM

Claim what ?
Posted By: fly_on_a_xpress

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:20 AM

This has been enjoyable, I guess I will watch for a bullet and a ranger, and steer clear of both. I will hope Tiltman is drop shot so all the Questions I had have been answered but two. C rankenstein won't give up his status earning techniques and I am still not real sure what he fishes out of. Oh, no one ever explained how far back we can go and still claim it.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:21 AM

Looks like Denver is whippin [censored] now.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:28 AM

Tournament success, victory, STICK status. And some one else is getting as big a laugh out of this as me. That is Planet of the Apes.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:29 AM

Oh that , 6 weeks

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:30 AM

Good night John boy.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:30 AM

Tournament success, victory, STICK status. And some one else is getting as big a laugh out of this as me. That is Planet of the Apes.

Been smokin a little bit?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 04:33 AM

thumb rolfmao
There's been some funny stuff said in this thread.
But like Doug said there some really good people on ray hubbard also.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 07:55 AM

How did I miss this all day?? Pretty funny and quite revealing.
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 12:26 PM

Is it what Jerry Shipe drinks when he's outta rum ?

Are you crazy? There is so much misinformation going on here. I never run out of rum.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 02:46 PM

Hah! I should have known!
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:06 PM

Classic thread! Thanks for the info. Plan to see if you all are telling stories about the rip rap! Way to burry the good info at the beginning. Where should I put in? Is it called harbor bay since can't fish the river? Thank you
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:07 PM

I drove over Hubbard this weekend on my way to Fork. What a mistake that was.... wink
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 03:08 PM

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 10:13 PM

Since you asked politely....but don't tell anyone....it's the Float-n-Fly!

Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 10:16 PM

LOL! most probably think you are BS'in...

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 10:18 PM

I've said too much already....

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/18/13 11:07 PM

I am surprised how many people really think Crankenstein is a real person. He is a computer bot designed to create drama and controversy on the TFF in order to stir up reaction based post. Top secret CIA stuff that JP got his hands on.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 01:09 AM

Dang, all these years of fishing and it was a buck tail jig all along. WalMart in Rockwall was sold out of Arkie Shakey heads tonight.
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 01:30 AM

Since you asked politely....but don't tell anyone....it's the Float-n-Fly!

Didn't know you could weigh in whites and hybrids.... breakdance

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 03:15 AM

Dang, all these years of fishing and it was a buck tail jig all along. WalMart in Rockwall was sold out of Arkie Shakey heads tonight.

You went to Walmart in rockwall and nothing happened to your vehicle that place is about like the boat ramps at ray hubbard.
Walmart in Wylie had them on clarence last week they was in the bottom of the clear tubs.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 03:48 AM

How many years back, how far back can we go a still claim it?

After some careful consideration I'd say as far back as needed is fine , say 2004-2005 wink

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 06:08 AM

Posted By: TIM CLINE

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 02:00 PM

I here binoculars are all the craze on Hubbard!
Posted By: J.D.Big Bass

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 05:06 PM

Don't you know every day is different there is a lot of different patterns to fish the rocks I have caught big fish on the rocks all on different patterns.J.D.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 05:33 PM

No, that's the only way to do it.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

We're you even alive in 1971?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 06:32 PM

It's amazing that there are so many experts on Hubbard. Climer, you need to step it up!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 06:40 PM

It's amazing that there are so many experts on Hubbard. Climer, you need to step it up!

You say experts but do they really have a leg up on the regulars?
Posted By: Stan Browning

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 06:54 PM

You say experts but do they really have a leg up on the regulars?

If they were regulars,they would know who all of yall were,because they have all donated to yall at some time,including myself..hey i heard there was a new guide out there also?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:03 PM

Tiltman get his guide license???

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:04 PM

Tiltman get his guide license???

Not me.....Climer maybe? Halloween Guide Service?

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:06 PM

Come on Tiltman i heard you and this new guide were best of friends!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:08 PM

No one I know I promise!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:14 PM

I dont know,i kinda remember some advice you tried to give the new guy........lol

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:17 PM

oh that.....yeah.."go guide on a better guide lake". True, I did give that advice out but I don't know the guy.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:19 PM

i heard Gandy was going to be guiding out there also,rumor has it that he loves chasing the Phat Girls on n off the water.......

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:20 PM

You never know what that ally cat is up to.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:32 PM

Poor Gandy.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- Greg West

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:35 PM

oh that.....yeah.."go guide on a better guide lake". True, I did give that advice out but I don't know the guy.

My name is GREG WEST. I am the new guide at Hubbard. The advice "Tiltman" gave was well taken. We all know Hubbard is not lake fork, and i am not pushing for 300 trips a year, but hubbard is a great fishery. I enjoy showing people how to catch quality fish close to home. Look forward to meeting tiltman one of these days. Your welcome to fish with me anyday.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 07:43 PM

It is a great one......just a little small at the moment. I wish we'd get some freek rain storms like Austin. Sorry I forgot your name Greg, I'll remember next time.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: txtightline

.....Look forward to meeting tiltman one of these days. Your welcome to fish with me anyday.

You say that now. Take my advice , wear a helmet.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 08:18 PM

I do not guide. Obviously there are limitless ways to catch fish at Hubbard, and when there were acres of grass up in the flats it was a blast. The first post I made on this topic is one sure way to get bit and a good place to start for new comers to Hubbard. I do know almost all of you, not Crankenstein or Tommy although I know who Tommy is. As far as being an "expert" on Hubbard I don't think it would even be possible for me to care any less whether I am recognized as an expert. I get to fish over 200 days a year and I can't imagine being any more blessed with time to fish than I already am.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 08:35 PM

Note to Refugio.....Quit your bragging! 200 days a year you lucky POS! And For sure you're not an expert! LOL None of us really are! But you are a goober who doesn't listen to good advice about whether that tub nitro can run in 6 inches of water or not!

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 09:31 PM

Oh no. Somebody's CAP LOCK button is about to get stuck again.
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 11:00 PM

I'm an expert on Joe Pool.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 11:26 PM

Oh no. Somebody's CAP LOCK button is about to get stuck again.

rolfmao rolfmao

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/19/13 11:47 PM

I am thinking about buying a p'toon and hosting weekend booze cruises to party and porno coves...

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/20/13 12:20 AM

Note to Refugio.....Quit your bragging! 200 days a year you lucky POS! And For sure you're not an expert! LOL None of us really are! But you are a goober who doesn't listen to good advice about whether that tub nitro can run in 6 inches of water or not!

Just to keep it honest, I started a new job in May and now I have to work 190 days a year, up from 138, and yes 6 inches of water was just enough to get back out of the river the last time I was there.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/20/13 12:23 AM

Just to keep it honest, I started a new job in May and now I have to work 190 days a year, up from 138, and yes 6 inches of water was just enough to get back out of the river the last time I was there.

You're an elusive neighbor cheers

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/20/13 12:28 AM

And promptly get stuck 40 yards out !

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/20/13 12:35 AM

And promptly get stuck 40 yards out !

No, I got stuck on the way in, it was just easier to keep going north then run back out. Coming out was a breeze, and yes it was scary as hell cause I wasn't very sure I would make it. That was my last day in the river, we need a monsoon. Who is Crankinstein, he scares me.

Re: Texas Parks and Wildlife recent Ray Hubbard Bass Survey - 11/20/13 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: TdRoss

You're an elusive neighbor cheers

Yea, the last time I saw you was the day I met you. If it wasn't for seeing you're boat from time to time I'd swear you moved. I hope none of you're dogs are males, this whiney dog of mine is about to come in to season. That will really wake the neighbors. http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/images/icons/default/laugh.gif
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum