Texas Fishing Forum

Leon Lake

Posted By: z7x374

Leon Lake - 11/08/13 04:47 PM

Anybody have any experience on this lake? Going to visit a buddy in Stephenville next weekend and he wants to go fish. Looking to get after a few bass and never been there before.
Posted By: Thinwater skinner

Re: Leon Lake - 11/08/13 05:05 PM

Boat ramps on each end of lake. Fish the middle for the best chance to catch LMB... Crappie under boat docks. don't fish the docks when the owners are fishing... Good Luck
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Leon Lake - 11/08/13 06:40 PM

I like the lake, but have only fished it once. That being said, I caught fish all day, the best being 7 1/2#. Good cover options from cat tails to rocks to docks. Not too much traffic usually.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Leon Lake - 11/12/13 06:03 AM

I'm also wondering about this lake, never been on it
Posted By: nitro2011

Re: Leon Lake - 11/12/13 02:15 PM

You have a ramp at the dam and another ramp at choc o block at the other end of the lake. If you put in at choc o block and you go under the bridge there go to the channel watch for the stumps and if you go the other way watch the stump in that direction also. If you go in at the dam you'll be okey that's where all the docks are and like people have said if owner are fishing there docks just go on by them. Most of the people are nice. It's a great lake. Good luck.
Posted By: BigRed53

Re: Leon Lake - 11/12/13 04:19 PM

Lots of good fish in it. Back in, put trolling motor down and start fishing from either ramp.
Posted By: 200Hawk21

Re: Leon Lake - 11/12/13 05:34 PM

The lake record of 12 lbs. 9 ounces was caught last February. Lots of neat stuff to fish when the lake is full. Remember a 30 lb. five fish stringer coming out of there at an Anglers Choice tournament in August back in the nineties.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Leon Lake - 11/12/13 08:48 PM

Good fish in it but it is fishing tough right now. Good Luck
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Leon Lake - 11/12/13 08:56 PM

thanks for the info!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum