Texas Fishing Forum

Ramp Rant

Posted By: papamark

Ramp Rant - 11/02/13 10:32 PM

I fished the HS tournament today and after weigh in, I looked at my boat and saw that a lot of the rub rail was gouged out and a crack about 6 inches long and small hole in the cap on the drivers side of the boat.

To the SOB that did this, you know you did it cause the rub rail has a huge gash in it right where you cracked the cap an put the hole in it. Don't know why you didn't leave a note, its not like you didn't know who's boat it was , the side windows on the Burb have my Co name on it, so I only hope that what goes around comes around for you
I am done.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/02/13 10:43 PM

Prolly did it because of sharelunker envy. frown
Posted By: N-M-W

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/02/13 10:48 PM

That sucks, just remember that there time will come.
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/02/13 10:58 PM

I have had my truck and trailer hit at ramps people who do these things shouldn't be allowed on the water.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/02/13 11:09 PM

are these people drunk how the !#$%^& u hit someone truck parked in the open, amazing of the stupidity of people these days that don't pay attention!!!

Sorry SAL Pal!

Carry on!
Posted By: Hattrck

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/02/13 11:22 PM

People just don't care. Had my brand new truck for one week, when someone hit it at EM. Gotta believe in Karma
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/03/13 12:02 AM

That sucks Mark!

Sorry some DA hit your boat.
Posted By: bassbuddy

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/03/13 01:48 AM

Some inconsiderate people out there. No class. Sorry this happened to ya papa. Don't worry. Karma will catch them.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/03/13 10:32 AM

I hate to hear stuff like this. Did it happen on the water and someone backed into it? They'll get it back to them some how.
Posted By: papamark

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/03/13 11:18 AM

Jig, it happened at the weigh in yesterday at the HS tournament. When I went back to tie the boat down to go home I noticed it then. I talked to Barry and he is adding a camera so that area can be seen.

I know accidents happen but this was something that no one could have done without noticing they were doing it
Posted By: Steve187 (A.K.A. GETFISHED )

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/03/13 12:29 PM

I obviously don't know the lay of the land there, and how vehicles were parked. I don't have a problem assuming the accident was known by the offending driver. Not trying to minimize your damages but I would just add something for thought. When making reverse movements with my rig it is tricky estimating exactly where the prop/tail end of my rig is. While I have never backed into anything I have had more than one close call. It is also possible I believe to have "minor" contact at the rear of the rig and not really feel it, partly due to the slack in the receiver hitch. A lot of the times the offending vehicle is driven by a co angler who may not be very familiar with backing. The last 2 guys I went out with, neither could back my trailer. The second guy wouldn't even try so he waited with boat and after I got the trailer in and went to the boat there he was holding the boat and doing nothing about letting another boat rub on my cowling and scratch it up .Some people !

Whoever did this to your rig should have at least left a note if they were aware of it. I just changed insurance companies a year ago and I hope I don't have to make a claim anytime soon. sorry for your damages. At least it happened when you were doing something good for the community.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/03/13 01:11 PM

dam that sucks, hope it was not someone with a couple of hs guys in the truck. real bad example to set.
Posted By: silverZX225

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/03/13 01:21 PM

Sad situation, the lack of respect for another mans property!

Like my Dad always said, "If ya Mess-Up, then MAN-UP"

Tiny's in Longview can make her look new again....ask for Richard
Posted By: TexBbq

Re: Ramp Rant - 11/03/13 04:20 PM

Sorry to hear that, Mark. This is just a symptom of the bigger picture. A lot of people who think the rules and responsibilities do not apply to them. It is a real shame!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum