Texas Fishing Forum

Twok ramps?

Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Twok ramps? - 10/31/13 01:08 PM

Whats ramps would you suggest for someone who doesn't know Twok ??
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Twok ramps? - 10/31/13 01:10 PM

Wow...
Holiday has a lot of obstructions
State park is okay
Anchor inn launch is being used...
Posted By: SlaunchCatcher

Re: Twok ramps? - 11/01/13 10:19 AM

Twok is pretty dangerous right now... if you use holiday watch out for the sand bar that runs along the east side of the ramp. It extends out a quarter mile or so.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Twok ramps? - 11/01/13 01:26 PM

dangerous how. planning on going this weekend. I'm looking all over for maps and info of where its safe to run. So far Ive got watch out for long shallow points/sand bars, if you don't how to get out of Holiday marina you'll get stuck, bunch of trees out in the main lake which are visible from the highway..... What else?
Posted By: tommyc

Re: Twok ramps? - 11/01/13 05:43 PM

I remember when it was about 10+ feet low around 7 years ago. The sandbars you speak of where the main issues back then imo. Just had to go way out around them.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Twok ramps? - 11/01/13 05:49 PM

I heard most ramps are sketchy if not unusable as of two weeks ago when we went.. But Anchor Inn was usable.
Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Re: Twok ramps? - 11/02/13 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Evan O'Brien
I heard most ramps are sketchy if not unusable as of two weeks ago when we went.. But Anchor Inn was usable.

Right side (viewed from bank) at Anchor has failed as of Sunday. Our trailer frame bottomed. Lady took money never warned us when we asked on ramp condition.

We used left and middle and got in and out but other boaters wanting to launch just left seeing our launch. In rain, you need a four wheeler to reach launch area as roads are dirtand poorly graded.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Twok ramps? - 11/02/13 01:35 AM

If you are by yourself, State Park is best. If you have a partner, the ramp on the NE side of White's causeway (751) is okay as long as other boats are launching there too. That ramp had a rep fo breaking a while back.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Twok ramps? - 11/02/13 02:05 AM

Stupid auto correct. Ramp had a rep for break-ins a while back.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum