Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend Report 10/29

Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide

Toledo Bend Report 10/29 - 10/29/13 02:24 PM

The fishing has been really good the last two weeks. We've been doing best around the grass lines. The grass line is about 16' deep on average. The grass flipping bite is always my personal favorite and that bite is pretty good right now. Most of the bites are coming on the initial fall, so we have been covering a bunch of water each day. There is also a good topwater and spinner bait bite early in the morning and that should continue to be good with the cooler weather staying around. If you are looking for size I would recommend staying with the grass bite. The lake level has been stable and getting around is not difficult. One place of caution is on the LA side by the LA island, it's getting really shallow in the cut between the island and the bank, so use caution if you are down that way. I have some dates open the next few weeks, so email me if you'd like to get on the water and look for some big ones.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Toledo Bend Report 10/29 - 10/29/13 03:20 PM

LA Island is definately hit the middle on pad or idle through it
Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide

Re: Toledo Bend Report 10/29 - 10/29/13 03:57 PM

I'm a weenie and idle it when I have guests with me. I see a bunch of people still running it like you would in the spring. You can do it, but not much wiggle room right now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum