Texas Fishing Forum

Lodging for Coleto

Posted By: naterj

Lodging for Coleto - 10/28/13 07:46 PM

The club I'm a part of has a tournament at Coleto Creek next weekend and at the end of last week, my partner called the cabins around the lake and we thought there was plenty of availability. As of today: everything is booked. The cabins in the park, Coleto Creek Cabins, Coleto Cabins, etc. So, it looks like we'll be staying in Victoria (which is really not a big deal to me. Not a bad drive from Victoria to Coleto.)

Anybody have any experience staying with a boat at the hotels right off of 77 at the main intersection of 77 and 463, the main intersection there in Victoria? Would love it if we could find a place where we could still charge batteries at night and hopefully stay on the ground floor with the boat in our sight. Looking at places like the Best Western and the La Quinta; Holiday Inn; etc.

Anybody stayed overnight with a boat at any of the places in that area?
Posted By: basspro99

Re: Lodging for Coleto - 10/28/13 08:05 PM

Our club will be down there Next weekend as well. We have stayed a few times at the Linden hill Hotel without any troubles. How many boats will yall have down there. We should have around 5 to 10.
Posted By: naterj

Re: Lodging for Coleto - 10/29/13 01:34 AM

Thanks for the suggestion! This is our last tourney of the year, which is basically our classic, so only a certain amount of us qualified to fish. So we will have probably 5-6 boats out there. We're fishing Saturday and Sunday. Hoping the weather doesn't turn on us that weekend.

Re: Lodging for Coleto - 10/29/13 10:05 AM

No problem.
Posted By: Lucky Al

Re: Lodging for Coleto - 10/29/13 02:02 PM

Do they have a website? And how is the parking and outlets for battery charging?
Earlier this year our club stayed at Best Western in Victoria, off Zac Lentz Pkwy. It is a very nice hotel, but they didn't give us ground floor rooms, like we asked, and there were only 2 electrical outlets in the far back. Not bassboat friendly at all.

Re: Lodging for Coleto - 10/29/13 02:33 PM

Not sure about a website. If i remember right i think we had to plug into the rooms. The parking was tight but it all depends on if there is oilfield people there. We had 4 to 5 boats parked there but it was a challenge because of the oilfield crews big trucks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum