Texas Fishing Forum

Where would you?

Posted By: 77Skeet

Where would you? - 10/07/13 07:37 AM

New to TFF. It has been 20 years or so since I have been to Lake Fork. If you wanted to help out the bass fishermen and take a 2 man limit of white bass out of fork where would you start fishing? Also, what ramp would you launch from? Probably going Wed and not sure where to look for them. All help appreciated!
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Where would you? - 10/07/13 11:35 PM

I have seen the white bass almost Everywhere you can imagine out there, but I can't say I have a pattern. Cameron from LFM can probably answer, I'm sure he will sooner or later, but if not go by Lake Fork Marina and ask if you are on that side of the lake.

Re: Where would you? - 10/08/13 05:21 AM

Thanks. Looks like now, due to some mandatory training I have to be at, it will be next week before I make it there. Maybe I can get some replies with some info by then

Re: Where would you? - 10/15/13 05:32 PM

Worth one more try. Where would you try for them this week or next week? Thanks again
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Where would you? - 10/15/13 05:34 PM

Mainlake points, humps, ridges and roadbeds.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Where would you? - 10/15/13 06:11 PM

I just fished 8 straight days out there throwing a crankbait. Exactly one sandbass was caught in my boat. I never saw them up shallow schooling. Did see a small scoole late the first day in the boatlane.
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Where would you? - 10/15/13 06:49 PM

Troll deep divers (cheap ones will work just as good) around roadbeds and points.
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Where would you? - 10/15/13 06:51 PM

Interesting no one wants to chime in? Everyone hates them...LOL!

I also saw they had a catch n fry sand bass tourney on Fork and not many people showed up.

Seems like there is lots of griping, but no action to rid them of the lake.....sounds about like our country right now! smile

I wish I could help you more...I caught 2 Saturday and that was my first time on the lake since they took over.
Posted By: snickers

Re: Where would you? - 10/15/13 07:25 PM

I have not been out to fork in a few so I am not sure. But I do know it is crappie time .When you get to fork just look for the boats out on the main lake I would start at a bridge because they seem to fatten up snatching shad off the pillers before they head out to the main lake. find the balls of shad and you will find whitey

Re: Where would you? - 10/15/13 07:46 PM

Appreciate all replies. Now that have have taken hold I don't see ever getting rid of them. I like catching them and that is what I usually go for when I take my wife since she has severe arthritus and cannot do much casting. We will troll or slab for them and when she gets worn out then I will try to catch them casting. I also love bass fishing and I really hated to see them show up in Fork. I don't always keep the sandbass but certainly will keep them from Fork. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: Mona at the lake

Re: Where would you? - 10/16/13 03:04 PM

Sand bass are not as active but we have good luck
At the 2946 ramp old rains wood. Now Collins landing

The old 2946 roadbed holds greAt fish. We have minnows live baits the way to go

Stop by and see us. We have rooms if you need

Google Collins landing at lake fork our email is
Collinslandinglakefork@yahoo.com.

Mona Collins
Owner Collins landing. Aka rains wood
3929 FM 2946
Emory tx