Texas Fishing Forum

fishing after knee surgery question?

Posted By: dbraune

fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/18/13 06:38 PM

just had my knee operated on.removed alot of broken stuff.have yall had knee surgery?and how long was it before you were in the front of your boat again?
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/18/13 06:51 PM

It depends on you and your Dr. Really. I tore my acl,mcl inner and outer meniscus and still stand all day with no chair and no problems fishing. It's bad in the winter when arthritis kicks in but other than that it's fine. You'll be back in no time I'd be willing to bet a month at the most.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/18/13 06:51 PM

Lots of different types of knee surgeries. I'd consult your surgeon. You can damage a newly repaired knee real quick in a bass boat.
Posted By: J R Trower

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/18/13 06:55 PM

We wrapped mine in garbage bags and duct tape 2 days after the surgery. Bad Move. frkazoid
Posted By: hopalong

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/18/13 07:21 PM

DO WHAT YOUR DR SAYS! had to have 3 on mine and this was the last one, do not screw it up or you will be out a few months.

Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/19/13 12:11 AM

Am just recovering from 4th knee surgery. Trust me shipmate - DO EXACTLY what your doctor recommends. You are probably still in a leg brace to immobilize the knee, I was. THIS TIME however, I did not remove it to sleep or after I thought it was safe to move it.
For a FULL SEVEN WEEKS I was in the dang thing! Could not fish, barely sleep, walking was out of the question (hobble a few feet yes) and had to elevate the leg.
I had extensive surgery this time.
Sorry, but let it heal. Don't rush it. After four now, I do exactly what my doctor recommends with no 'self prescription' of removing brace/bandages/etc.
It's hard, I know. There will be time. Even more time if your healed and healthy.
Just my two cents....
Good luck with the knee
fish
Posted By: fitter2259

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/19/13 12:16 AM

I've had 3 arthroscopies and was down for about 3 weeks each. Do what the doc says as said above.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/19/13 12:31 AM

Forgot something kinda important. I do not know how young or old you are BUT, if you do not let your body heal correctly now, you will pay for it in the years to come. I'm there. It STINKS!
Anyway, your choice as always....do the right thing.
fish
Posted By: Tripp73

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/19/13 12:48 AM

Had both knees worked on this year. As stated above DO EXACTLY WHAT DOC SAYS!!!! Once through the knife is plenty.
Posted By: dbraune

Re: fishing after knee surgery question? - 09/19/13 06:50 PM

thanks lee and everyone.im just going to sit in a chair on the bank for a while.im 42yrs old.guess time to take a break for a bit.glad i never sent in my fee to mcdonalds this weekend.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum