Texas Fishing Forum

New reels by Abu

Posted By: Nate Payeur

New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 01:55 AM

Anybody seen the new line of reels from Abu on Tackle warehouse??
Posted By: TeamHillbilly

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 02:07 AM

Humm not yet but I will soon when did they post it??

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 02:11 AM

whoa 5 bills?? Abu Garcia REVO MGXtreme Casting Reel

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 02:17 AM

The Morrum ZX is the same price also. I don't know about anybody else but my pockets aren't that deep haha.

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 02:28 AM

Humm I may try one but I'd only get one at that price,
Posted By: TexBbq

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 03:08 AM

Don't think I will be spending the money. Spent $350 on a MGX and did not like it so I sold it and bought 2 Lews.

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: TexBbq
Don't think I will be spending the money. Spent $350 on a MGX and did not like it so I sold it and bought 2 Lews.

Are Lew's reels that good for the $ ? I've been using a Revo SX for a while, been wanting to try a Lews but I'm kinda scared to haha. Do you think that a speed spool would make me convert?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 03:31 AM

A shimano Chronarch 200e or curado 200e will make u convert I can't see how anyone would use a Revo over one I got 2 sx gen 3 and a MGX and they still couldn't compete with shimano

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon "Skeet4life"
A shimano Chronarch 200e or curado 200e will make u convert I can't see how anyone would use a Revo over one I got 2 sx gen 3 and a MGX and they still couldn't compete with shimano

I heard that the new Shimanos are kinda crappy because they moved factories over to Malaysia, I just don't know if its true.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Nate Payeur

I heard that the new Shimanos are kinda crappy because they moved factories over to Malaysia, I just don't know if its true.

sweat shop child laborers

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

It probably takes less than $100 to make some of the reels that retail for $300. That's pretty much anything nowadays though I guess.
Posted By: Skeeter_Man1

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 04:51 AM

Are Lew's reels that good for the $ ? I've been using a Revo SX for a while, been wanting to try a Lews but I'm kinda scared to haha. Do you think that a speed spool would make me convert?
All it takes is one cast with a lews and that is all you will ever use again.

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter_Man1

Even with the $99 speed spool?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 05:37 AM

Even with the $99 speed spool?

Lews reels cast great and feel very nice I owned two BB1s. But quality is not there compared to Shimano. Call up Shawn Smith or some of the other reel repair guys and he will tell u high end shimanos the ones make in Japan are bar none. The g series are garbage they are made else where and quality is down. The 200e Chronarch is a 200e curado with new paint Chronarch runs 200$ retail new and u can typically pick up 200e curado's new to used for 100-150$ I have a couple that I have never cleaned over 3 years and still feel and perform better than the Abu's. but a reel is just another tool get what u like after trying them out I have used Lews,Abu gen 1-3 Revo all models, and Dawia the only reels close to Shimano are Dawia but typically seem higher priced.
Posted By: TexBbq

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 02:30 PM

I will take Lews over Abu any day. I bought the tournament series and they are fantastic!
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 04:08 PM

No matter the price of an abu reel the level wind will go out eventually then the handle will spin backwards.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 05:04 PM

RevoSTX has treated me well for 2 years, currently using it as my jig reel, very versatile and casts well with 20 lb flouro.

But, I fell in love with the Lew's tournament speed spool, can't beat that real for the money, and it handled my 10 and 8.5 very well.
Posted By: onthebank

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 05:05 PM

The Morrum Moron ZX is the same price also. I don't know about anybody else but my pockets aren't that deep haha.

I fixed it for you. I couldn't imagine paying that much for a freshwater reel unless it gauranteed DD's on every cast!

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/12/13 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: onthebank
The Morrum Moron ZX is the same price also. I don't know about anybody else but my pockets aren't that deep haha.

I fixed it for you. I couldn't imagine paying that much for a freshwater reel unless it gauranteed DD's on every cast!

Hahaha!!!
Posted By: Loomis ex

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/13/13 02:35 AM

I have an MGX, Premier, STX, SX and S.
STX is the best value in the Abu line of reels, in my opinion. Love the EVA knobs.
Posted By: Bowhunterman

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/13/13 03:55 AM

Truer words have never been spoken!
Posted By: Keoni80872

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/14/13 10:36 PM

Just purchased the Orra Winch. Going to give it a try. Only $99 compared to the Revo Winch which is $199.
Posted By: Jeremy S.

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/15/13 02:05 AM

Aside from one speed spool I haven't upgraded yet, there is nothing in my boat but Lew's Tournament Pro's. Last few years it's been all revo all the time but the Lew's have just won me over. I don't think they are "that" much better than a revo (they are great reels too, I had several premiers and a boat load of SX's) but they fit my palm better the way I like to hold them (just a wee bit smaller than a Revo) so I went all Lew's.

No complaints.
Posted By: Sacking n stacking

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/15/13 02:59 AM

IMO I just don't see 500 dollars there when a mettle for 50 will out cast it anyday.
Posted By: aggiegolfer

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/15/13 03:36 AM

...these reels (the ZX and MGX extreme) weren't meant for you people...
Posted By: Jeremy S.

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/15/13 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Sacking n stacking
IMO I just don't see 500 dollars there when a mettle for 50 will out cast it anyday.

About the only way a mettle will outcast any of the reel mentioned in this thread is if it were used as a lure. For a 50 dollar reel they are fine but they aren't in the same ball park as anything being talked about here.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/15/13 02:27 PM

I have heard mixed reviews on the Gen3 Revos.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/16/13 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

It probably takes less than $100 to make some of the reels that retail for $300. That's pretty much anything nowadays though I guess.

I can't believe that reels cost half that much to produce these days.
Posted By: SWEDE

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/17/13 01:45 AM

too expensive for my blood
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: New reels by Abu - 09/17/13 11:10 AM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum