Texas Fishing Forum

Choke Canyon night trip

Posted By: Richard G

Choke Canyon night trip - 08/13/13 04:04 AM

Anyone fish Choke Canyon at night recently? I want to try a trip but know Choke is tough fishing right now. Any info, good or bad is appreciated.

Thanks.....Richard
Posted By: BassSAT

Re: Choke Canyon night trip - 08/13/13 04:04 PM

It's bad enough fishing during the day with all the under water
stumps, I would be very careful...!
Posted By: JPost

Re: Choke Canyon night trip - 08/13/13 04:07 PM

Maybe that might be the ticket. I stopped going during the day, too many zeros. Looks like you know the lake looking at you PB so you should be fine with the hazards.
Posted By: StumpJumper1

Re: Choke Canyon night trip - 08/13/13 09:15 PM

Is there any grass in choke with the low levels?
Posted By: Richard G

Re: Choke Canyon night trip - 08/14/13 01:58 AM

I figured there were a lot more exposed hazards, but usually we get on the water early enough to scout out the two or three areas we plan on fishing before it gets dark and then just putt around if we make a move. I usually try 4 fingers, a little of the north shore and then the south shore ramp.

Any other areas folks try when night fishing? I was considering Calligham ramp, the jetty, the shoreline by the cabins and three fingers if I stayed on the west end of the lake to stay out of the wind.

Thanks.....Richard
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Choke Canyon night trip - 08/14/13 02:17 AM

All those places should be fairly safe. Now if you go to Mason Pt. or the area between Calliham to Possum Creek to Huishace Island I'd call you crazy. South Shore flats (south side of Huisache) are getting into shallow areas now. I'd think 4 or 3 fingers are the safer places. Also worth a mention, the flat between Huisache & Calliham point is a mud hole, you better run the river channel if you go from South Shore to Calliham. The lakes around 22 ft low and its showing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum