Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma fishing

Posted By: DSG

Lake Texoma fishing - 06/26/13 01:41 AM

Hello all, I will be fishing Lake Texoma on Saturday and was wondering what kind of license I need to get? It will have to be a non-resident (I am TDY at Sheppard AFB), but do I need a Texas one day and a Texoma or just a Texoma? Also, where are some good areas to track down some smallmouth bass or largemouth bass? Thanks, Doug.
Posted By: MV

Re: Lake Texoma fishing - 06/26/13 02:10 AM

just a Texoma
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Lake Texoma fishing - 06/26/13 05:07 AM

Doug

Shoot me a PM with any questions regarding Texoma. I'll help you the best I can.
Posted By: stout78mds

Re: Lake Texoma fishing - 06/26/13 10:25 PM

Just Texoma license will cover you. $12 and you can purchase it online.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/licenses/online_sales/index.phtml

Re: Lake Texoma fishing - 06/27/13 03:25 AM

Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful.

Re: Lake Texoma fishing - 07/03/13 01:28 AM

We ended up striking out at Big Tex. First, we tried by Highport Marina. I had a couple of small largemouth follow me, but no bites. There were tons of fry in the water. We also tried the fishing piers around Eisenhower and even climbed down all along the rocks and still could not catch anything. We did see some huge buffalo, drum, and carp. Also saw a huge dead crappie. Finally tried around the Sheppard annex and the crappie house. I caught one small largemouth by the annex and that was it. We did have fun, and it was a great lake. I think we needed a boat to really do well, but it was fun trying. I did end up getting a ton of chigger bites :-( I guess I should have put on bugspray and sunscreen. Thanks to everyone that gave me tips. Doug.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum