Texas Fishing Forum

Freaking Angry Birds!!!!

Posted By: sg72

Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 08:46 PM

Went fishing at Fayette the other day and the birds ate all the rubber off of my bed cover!?!?
Then I noticed they got on the hood and ate the rubber around the bottom of the windshield.
Not to mention enough bird [censored] to fill up a dumpo truck!

Anyone else had this happen to them? anything I can do to discourage this? I really would like to go back, its a fun little lake.
Posted By: Chad711

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 08:57 PM

Sling shot a pig at them! Heard that works.

Otherwise a fake owl will do the trick.
Posted By: onthebank

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 09:01 PM

I had birds peck the rubber seal off around my sun roof and windshield while I was at work before as well as all of the scratches from their claws.
Posted By: mwbasser

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 09:07 PM

we have had birds try to eat our topwater baits but not our truck
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 09:11 PM

I thought this was going to be about the Video Game...
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 09:34 PM

I thought it was about Hitchcock. What species of angry birds are these?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 09:48 PM

Had a crow steal 3 different spot mirrors off of my truck.
Posted By: naterj

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 10:08 PM

I've never had the birds out at Fayette do anything to my truck, but since they have a warning sign about it just past the entrance, I assume you, unfortunately, aren't the only one to have that trouble. Fayette = lots of bugs that will maul you, birds that damage your truck. But it's a fun fishery!
Posted By: Skeeter_Man1

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/25/13 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: mwbasser
we have had birds try to eat our topwater baits but not our truck
Posted By: **TheLoneRanger**

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 12:38 AM

How do you report that to your Insurance?? "Ummmm sir I'm for real... A bird ate my truck"
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 12:44 AM

A flock of angry birds ate my truck actually lol
Posted By: BanjoMinnow

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 01:39 AM

How was the fishing? Im thinking about going tomorrow

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 01:44 AM

Great little fishery. Easy to figure out in a full day. But the Birds. THE BIRDS!

Ever witnessed their effect on common folk? For the whippersnappers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw0FP9putKM
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 01:47 AM

They ate my sunroof trim, windshield wipers, sliding glass window seal, undercover front seal and several stickers a couple of years ago at the Park Prairie Ramp.

I hate those birds.

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 01:49 AM

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what specie of bird eats rubber? Are these Grackles or Condomorants?
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 02:05 AM

Sure. Leave a cup of green antifreeze on the car! Let em drink that instead of eating your seals!

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 02:10 AM

Buzzards. Actually Turkey Vulture I think. Or maybe Black Vultures. They are supposed to be after the glue which is partly made from animals.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what specie of bird eats rubber? Are these Grackles or Condomorants?

Tiger toothed flying snapper?
Posted By: GizmosMom

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 02:26 AM

Yes, Vultures at Fayette.

Were you at Park Prairie or Oak Thicket? THe last time we were at Oak Thicket there were signs about this.

It also happens at one of the parking lots at Batrop...but I can't remember which one.

It has never happened to us at Fayette. We use Oak Thicket 90% of the time.

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 04:04 AM

I was at the main ramp at Park Prarie. I've been many times before but didn't have a problem. We went on a Tuesday and were only 1 of about 4 trucks. Normally the parking lot is full so they must be full by the time they get to my truck.
We caught fish shallow early and deep when the sun got up. C-rig, Xd6, and chatter bait in wind blow Tules. Good luck!
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 12:32 PM

ate my windshield wipers off my truck last summer out there
Posted By: tylerg

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: sg72
I was at the main ramp at Park Prarie. I've been many times before but didn't have a problem. We went on a Tuesday and were only 1 of about 4 trucks. Normally the parking lot is full so they must be full by the time they get to my truck.
We caught fish shallow early and deep when the sun got up. C-rig, Xd6, and chatter bait in wind blow Tules. Good luck!

launch at the other ramp, i havent heard of nearly as much trouble there. the vultures roost in the dead trees in the lake right by Park Prarie ramp
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/26/13 01:45 PM

Damn! That sucks. I haven't fished Fayette in forever. I think I'll continue my vacation from it if that's the case. Damn!
Posted By: naterj

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/27/13 02:22 AM

Just got back from an afternoon at Fayette. Launched at Patk Prairie and didnt really see many of the buzzards today. Good afternoon of fishing.
Posted By: sunburnt34

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/27/13 11:39 PM

Went out there on a Wednesday morning around 7am with my son pulling the boat in his truck. 3 trucks in the lot and 30+ black buzzards. At least 20 of them were on a red pickups hood and cab and sitting on the mirrors. Drove by it Honking our horn twice, they flew away,..and instantly started landing and pecking again. Got out and shewed em like you would chickens,..they flew a little higher,..and once my son pulled the trailer out of the ramp,..they were all back again. Again he circled honking,..then parked up past the restrooms. It was a v bottom trailer,..once we pulled away from the dock,..they were back. We even looked for a boat that would match the trailer. NOTE: The red truck was the only truck they kept coming for,..not the blue or white one.

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/27/13 11:45 PM

My truck is white. They still found it tasty.
Posted By: Sunup

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/28/13 12:20 AM

Now if you could just figure out
what makes birds attack the trucks.
and incorporate into a fishing lure.
just saying...
Posted By: sunburnt34

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/28/13 12:30 AM

Wasnt suggesting paint jobs,..just noticing.
Also agree that seems they must be roosting somewheres there in ParkPrairie ramp. It was 7am ish and there were birds on the truck and some stragglers under the trees where the camping area is.
Buzzard Roost Point use to be called that for this exact reason.

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/28/13 02:41 AM

My truck is black....and friends is white......and they got them both really good. My brother said they had the same problem at North Shore Park on Bastrop.

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/28/13 02:52 AM

They like glue because it is animal based. They have a super keen sense of smell.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/28/13 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: ChugR

You could quickly limit out on ... Buzzards?? taz
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/28/13 12:57 PM

Take some road kill with you next time for a "Sacrificial Offering". de
Posted By: Sunup

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/29/13 02:39 AM

Buzzard bait,
now where have I read that before? rolfmao
Originally Posted By: Ted Martin
Originally Posted By: ChugR

You could quickly limit out on ... Buzzards?? taz
Posted By: Top Waters

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/29/13 06:03 AM

my dad had all his seats pecked out on his barge.....the week after he had all the seats replaced. not just talking about pedestals, but the sofa seats and the sun deck seat. over $2000 in damage.
Posted By: serg1001

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/29/13 09:31 AM

prolly the best thing to do is to take some roadkill and throw it a couple yards away from your truck hoping they go after that and not the vehicles…
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/29/13 01:01 PM

Way past time that something was done to move them. Those things have been a problem there for a long time.
Posted By: luckywiggel

Re: Freaking Angry Birds!!!! - 06/30/13 07:55 PM

I loved fishing there and did not have any problems. Been wanting to go back but don't want to now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum