Texas Fishing Forum

Carrot Stick/E21 update

Posted By: Bigron119

Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/25/13 06:40 PM

Interesting Article in BassFan:
http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk.asp?id=10067#10067

CEC America, a multinational distribution and supply chain company, announced recently that it's taken over the financially troubled Carrot Stix rod brand.

“In my 28 years in manufacturing, I have never seen such customer loyalty and devotion to any brand as I have seen with Carrot Stix” said CEC America VP and CEO Jimmy Davlouros. “I had the great privilege of talking to fishermen all over the United States and Canada and in some cases I had spent more than half an hour on the phone with them talking about the amazing experiences they had on the water with this brand."

"CEC America is a Chinese government-owned company that functions primarily in the electronics industry. It stated in its press release that attire, surveillance and safety equipment may also be displayed under the Carrot Stix brand by the end of the year."

Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/25/13 06:49 PM

Carrott Stix/E21 took very good care of me when I broke the tip off of one!
Posted By: onthebank

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/25/13 08:12 PM

I posted the question yesterday whether or not they were still in business as I was looking at a new spinning rod. I hope it works out for them and they are able to get it turned around.

This is why it is so important to be HONEST when you attempt to cash in on a warranty claim. I bet the number of legit claims alone drove their bottom line to into the dirt. I don't even want to think about how many bogus ones there were. Same goes for Academy.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/25/13 09:09 PM

Chinese government owned. I would not have one in the boat if you gave it to me.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/25/13 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
Chinese government owned. I would not have one in the boat if you gave it to me.

you would be surprised how many American companies have been bought out by the Chinese.
Posted By: onthebank

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/25/13 10:03 PM

Chinese owned US companies

And with the amount of our debt that is owned and backed by the Chinese well......Start practicing your Chinese fellas!
Posted By: hookedon

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/25/13 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: slim 285

you would be surprised how many American companies have been bought out by the Chinese.

X2 and the Japanese are not far behind
Posted By: HarrisNC

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/26/13 12:41 PM

You couldn't pay me to buy another one of these rods. I have been getting jerked around and BS'ed for over a month with them now.

I broke a rod tip and was inquiring about getting it fixed. The $40 price tag for a replacement was a bit displeasing but I decided to eat it. There was a 2 week span where no one would answer the phone on the customer service line. Emails took days and almost weeks to respond.

Started the whole process May 24th sending them my form.... Finally got an email back on 6/3 (a full week later) saying they had received my warranty claim...Fast forward to 6/12, as mentioned before hadn't gotten any response through email or anyone to answer the phone for a week and a half and they tell me the claims are being processed and shipped that day... Still hadn't had my account drafted or received a shipping confirmation #..on 6/19 I call and finally get someone to answer, the guy (Canadian) says THEIR shipment was messed up and finally had the right ones in that day and should be going out the next and apologized over and over, by this point I'm like yea whatever, just gimme my rod...Still nothing drawn out of my account and no shipping confirmation #, call this past Monday, girl answers the phone says oh yea that is getting shipped as we speak and I'll get your confirmation # by the end of the day, I'll let you guess if I've gotten any shipping confirmation........

So yea, will NEVER purchase another product from this Canadian (I guess now Chinese owned company) and good luck to anyone who does.
Posted By: 96speed

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/26/13 01:42 PM

Garbage rods. PASS.
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Carrot Stick/E21 update - 06/26/13 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 96speed
Garbage rods. PASS.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum