Texas Fishing Forum

Best time for falcon?

Posted By: luke R70

Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 03:27 AM

Ok me and a 2 buddies are planning a trip to falcon and we were wondering when is the best time to go and why? Thanks!
Posted By: JPost

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 03:35 AM

I don't know if it still holds with the water down to these levels. But my favorite time over the last few years was the summer months (June - Sept). Fish were pretty predictable for me offshore fishing rock piles, humps, etc. But with the lake the way it is I'm not sure if that'll hold true this year.
Posted By: Jigaholic

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 03:43 AM

Yeah I wanna go bad but 42 feet low that can be dangerous
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 05:15 AM

Right now through august
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 05:48 AM

Now is the time. Look at Falcon Lake Tackle report. If you need a place to stay let me know.
Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 10:24 AM

I can tell you fishing is pretty good right now. May has been my favorite month based on DD catches alone.
Posted By: Limits4all

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 12:43 PM

Right now through August. Those fish like it hot. I was there just a couple of weeks ago and the low level is not as big a deal as you may think. Be sure to check into Falcon Lake Tackle for the latest hazard info and fish patterns.

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 12:49 PM

Much appreciated guys! Any information helps
Posted By: 361V

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 01:36 PM

Last year! (sorry)

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 05:07 PM

Haha we will have to see about that!
Posted By: 10 lbs or bust

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 05:51 PM

December - March

These months are straight up boom or bust. Want to gamble? These are the months for you. The fronts can be never ending this time of year, but time the weather right and it can be a trip not soon forgotten.

April - August

Money.....weather gets consistent and the lack of the North wind really helps.

Sept. - Nov.

Pretty damn good under "normal" conditions......last year Sept - Nov. was anything but normal. Great days (and I do mean some fantastic ones) followed by terrible days (and I do mean terrible...lol) was the norm.

Low water is an issue for sure. Be honest with yourself. How well do you read your charts/graphs? I have seen folks try to run this lake with no mapping chip. Do not try that....please.

Good Luck while you are down and post some pics when you return.

Jay

Re: Best time for falcon? - 05/15/13 08:03 PM

I'll definitely keep y'all posted on when we go and pics!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum