Texas Fishing Forum

PK. LAKE

Posted By: pagemaster

PK. LAKE - 04/14/13 03:58 PM

What is the latest on PK fishing. Where is a good place to start. Never been there.
Posted By: DumpyBankBeater

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/14/13 06:26 PM

Stay home
Posted By: Strait1277

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/14/13 07:58 PM

Bluff creek, Caddo Bay, and Hog bend. Texas rigged worms worked last weekend. That's all they would bite.
Posted By: MidloMan

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/14/13 11:21 PM

Drops shots and shakey heads are the best, just fished it this weekend.
Posted By: Bay Kirkham

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 12:06 AM

Look for beds!
Posted By: Toad Jerker

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 01:13 AM

Stay at home 2 people 10hrs 1 2lber
Posted By: Hoghunter36

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 01:32 AM

It was definitely tough this weekend there were a few on beds that some people caught. I fished all day behind my boys and didnt get a bite. It should be about right though. Main lake was 59 and I found 64 in the back of the creeks . Good luck!!
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 02:57 AM

took 24 lbs to win a tournament on the lake this weekend.
Posted By: TopGunPilot

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Toad Jerker
Stay at home 2 people 10hrs 1 2lber

Darn! At least you were on the lake!

offtopic
You didn't miss anything cus Danika still can't drive. Wonder if she can fish!

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca

Well I was hoping I didnt just suck that bad but if this is true I may just have to sell all my stuff and find a new sport cause my last two trips to that lake I have only caught 4 LM's and the biggest was 4lbs and then last week I couldnt even get one and my dad only had the 1 2 lber. Seems to be the only lake I cant cath em on right now. What am I doing wrong?????

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 03:09 PM

Well I was hoping I didnt just suck that bad but if this is true I may just have to sell all my stuff and find a new sport cause my last two trips to that lake I have only caught 4 LM's and the biggest was 4lbs and then last week I couldnt even get one and my dad only had the 1 2 lber. Seems to be the only lake I cant cath em on right now. What am I doing wrong?????
Keep fishing it- I found a lot of unproductive water- When I found fish, they were good ones
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 03:10 PM

What's that old saying, "A bad day fishing is better than any day at work".....LOL...Sorry about the run of bad luck.
Understand completely, I've been out three times and 'skunked' three times now on Eagle Mountain.
r/
Fred

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 03:13 PM

HAHA well I found a lot of unproductive water too it was called Possum Kingdom lake!!! I fished from the dam all the way to the complete other end from 1' to 40' of water and short of just tying on my whole tackle box to the end of my rod I swear I tried everything.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 03:15 PM

My partner fished out there yesterday getting ready for next weekend. He sent me some pics of some really good fish. Toad just stay south or west of Sandy Beach and you'll find some. There is ALOT of dead water on that lake.
Posted By: bigbass87

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 03:31 PM

Keep after it toad. I caught one on Granbury Saturday after hearing everyone was having 25 fish days out there. That made me feel like a very good fisherman! I feel the pain.
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 04:04 PM

The lake fished pretty tough last week. However, if you find them you can get some really nice fish. I fished it hard for 4 days and finally figured them out. We did not win but got third with almost 20 lbs. The fishing should really be good in next few days...
Posted By: pkskeetersr

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 09:01 PM

There were a lot of boats sat one in every cove from south d and d to the dam !!!
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 10:14 PM

don't sell your stuff they live on the lake and his dad owns the lake record. I hope to learn some stuff myself soon about PK
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 10:36 PM

The lake record is 16 lbs-he caught it?

If so, I'm guessing he got it fishing for stripers.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 11:00 PM

Scott Tongate I believe was Rockie's uncle,Scott told me he caught the fish on a purple worm next to a brushed out dock. The fish was on display at U S Sports sales now Fun& Sun for a while.
She was a huge fish and share a lunker Dave Campbell if she had been caught in March Or April she could have weighed 18-19 lbs.I had a good friend that caught a 15.33 in Caddo around 4 years later.I know where Scott caught his fish but promised him I wouldn't tell
Posted By: Pkguy

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/15/13 11:12 PM

That fish is now on display at the Possum Kingdom Chamber of Commerce.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/16/13 12:35 AM

Wow. Hey Bill, I'll get you down to Boondocks and keep buying you drinks until you tell!! smile

Great story, can't even imagine what a fish that big would be like to get in the boat.

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/16/13 12:57 AM

One of my dads lifelong friends was a scuba instructor at pk until 2009. He told me a story last year of three bass that he seen every summer around two docks in the Hells gate cove that would push the new state record. He told me every detail of these two docks and I blew it off as exaggerated until I sidescanned them this year and he was right about the pile of iron from 40 to 60 ft deep under these docks. There is no doubt in my mind that pk is an awesome fishery but I honestly feel it is diffent than any lake in Texas in how if fishes.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/17/13 02:47 PM

I went yesterday,,best 5 would have gone 25-26lbs. Had an 8lb and a 6.2 for my 2 big fish..They were caught about 30 yards apart. I think the 8 was on a bed, her tail was bloody but that was the only fish with a bloody tail.

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/17/13 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Stompy
I went yesterday,,best 5 would have gone 25-26lbs. Had an 8lb and a 6.2 for my 2 big fish..They were caught about 30 yards apart. I think the 8 was on a bed, her tail was bloody but that was the only fish with a bloody tail.

Heck of a day. Same places as last time? We have a tourney out there next weekend so I guess I better get out there and do some looking around.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/17/13 03:35 PM

Yea,,pretty much..
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/17/13 03:40 PM

PK is a tough lake but there are some monster Bass in there.

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/17/13 04:13 PM

I cant wait to get back out there...
Posted By: Bickles

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/18/13 10:02 PM

I've seen some monsters in that lake. My grandmother had an 8#, 9#, and 10# out of there that we still have on the wall.

She caught a 6# small mouth my grandad made here throw back because it was too "small". I think she wanted to kill him when she figured that out.

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/18/13 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
I cant wait to get back out there...
Me too!!!

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/18/13 10:49 PM

bayjohn... Did I see you out there last saturday?

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/18/13 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
bayjohn... Did I see you out there last saturday?
Yes sir- I just put 2 and 2 together- I saw you and your boy catch a big un about 1:30-

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/18/13 11:12 PM

Nice.... I really like that lake... Hopeing to be able to come out for BLT next weekend...
Posted By: catslayer

Re: PK. LAKE - 04/19/13 12:08 AM

Fishing pk
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum