Texas Fishing Forum

Fork Tomorrow

Posted By: bigbass1236

Fork Tomorrow - 04/11/13 05:18 PM

Taking the wife to fork tomorrow. How is the fishing in the little caney areas. Looked good when I was there this fall, thought I would check the spawn back there and the maybe Mustang. Any other suggestions. Looking forward to hooking her up with a big un.
Posted By: TopGunPilot

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/11/13 07:55 PM

Haven't made the run back to Little Caney lately since one of my buddies ripped off the lower unit in the crooked boat run (that he has made hundreds of times). But with the warmer weather upon us, it should be great.
Posted By: BassinButch

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/11/13 08:03 PM

Looks like its going to warm up real nice... Make sure u fish until dark tomorrow... The warmer the better... Should see some get on their beds
Posted By: hoodoobaits

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/11/13 09:20 PM

There are no fish in Fork Chad. There was a huge fish kill today, you should probably just fish Lake Bardin or somewhere good like that.
Posted By: Donegonefishin

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/11/13 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: TopGunPilot
Haven't made the run back to Little Caney lately since one of my buddies ripped off the lower unit in the crooked boat run (that he has made hundreds of times). But with the warmer weather upon us, it should be great.

I don't know how anyone can run that lane but I have watched plenty do it. I bounce off multiple stumps just idling down it.

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/11/13 10:50 PM

Its not Dewayne, but I will pass the fish kill info on to him. I dont run pad up to little caney, just a looong idle.
Posted By: papamark

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/11/13 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodoobaits
There are no fish in Fork Dewayne. There was a huge fish kill today, you should probably just fish Lake Bardin or somewhere good like that.

All the sand bass ate the Bass at Fork
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/12/13 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: papamark
Originally Posted By: hoodoobaits
There are no fish in Fork Dewayne. There was a huge fish kill today, you should probably just fish Lake Bardin or somewhere good like that.

All the sand bass ate the Bass at Fork

I heard you catch a black bass every once in a while along with them sandies... I'm yet to see it in person though. bolt
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/12/13 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Donegonefishin
Originally Posted By: TopGunPilot

I don't know how anyone can run that lane but I have watched plenty do it. I bounce off multiple stumps just idling down it.

I made that run the other day. You just gun it and pray.There are a few stumps right in the path of the old run. Just gotta finesse around them.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/12/13 02:32 AM

Little Caney's boat lane is a danger zone!! I have ran it thousands of times when the lake was up and now I can't believe all the stuff I use to drive over. I just idle now when I'm not sure.
Posted By: Hole Shot

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/12/13 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
[quote=TopGunPilot]Haven't made the run back to Little Caney lately since one of my buddies ripped off the lower unit in the crooked boat run (that he has made hundreds of times). But with the warmer weather upon us, it should be great.

Be safe and shut it down going into Little Caney. The added time it worth more than the expense.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/12/13 01:49 PM

Alot of people think they are running the lane but are actually not. Most people I see are running what people have put up in the trees.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/12/13 02:54 PM

I have a theory about running the lanes at Fork:

The faster I go the less stuff there is hangin off in the water to hit something!!
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/12/13 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbass1236
Taking the wife to fork tomorrow. How is the fishing in the little caney areas. Looked good when I was there this fall, thought I would check the spawn back there and the maybe Mustang. Any other suggestions. Looking forward to hooking her up with a big un.

Well, you didn't get any tips on where to fish but if you tear your lower unit out running WOT in Caney, you won't get any sympathy - Good Luck

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/12/13 09:13 PM

Well did not get to go today. Was headed out and my trailer brakes are getting hot. Did not want to run that far with them heating up so much. So now it goes in the shop on Monday since I could not find a place to get to it today. I will have to miss my Sunday tournament to boot. That just sucked, but it could be worse. Hope yall kill them out there, maybe next time for me.
Posted By: heybaylor

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/13/13 02:54 AM

when the manniquine(sp) was on the tree it was safe to run
little caney.
now she is gone , and so is the magic..so has a lot of the fork magic

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/13/13 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Hole Shot
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
[quote=TopGunPilot]Haven't made the run back to Little Caney lately since one of my buddies ripped off the lower unit in the crooked boat run (that he has made hundreds of times). But with the warmer weather upon us, it should be great.

Be safe and shut it down going into Little Caney. The added time it worth more than the expense.

Good advice Hole Shot. I was hoping to help the guy. Besides, the first cove to the right is pretty hot this time of year.

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/13/13 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: heybaylor
when the manniquine(sp) was on the tree it was safe to run little caney. now she is gone , and so is the magic..so has a lot of the fork magic

According to Gerald the Guide, it was MAGIC today. I'm so happy someone is on some good bass. It's magic!
Posted By: gsbass

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/13/13 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbuck200
Little Caney's boat lane is a danger zone!! I have ran it thousands of times when the lake was up and now I can't believe all the stuff I use to drive over. I just idle now when I'm not sure.

I'm right behind you. I run to the cluster then idle along past it, after that your good to go.

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/13/13 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Mcschooler a/c

I'm right behind you. I run to the cluster then idle along past it, after that your good to go.

you are correct sir... even on my boat lanes chip, I was directly on the line about halfway in LC and was idling with motor trimmed 1/2 way up and still bumped into one! Gotta be careful in there or you will pay!

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/13/13 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Mcschooler a/c

you are correct sir... even on my boat lanes chip, I was directly on the line about halfway in LC and was idling with motor trimmed 1/2 way up and still bumped into one! Gotta be careful in there or you will pay!

I still wouldnt make the run all the way in even if I had a hydraulic JP! Not worth it to me.
Posted By: gsbass

Re: Fork Tomorrow - 04/13/13 03:36 AM

Maybe I should follow you closer. Lol. Before you get to the cluster?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum