Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend

Posted By: Jcash2319

Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 01:49 PM

Headed to Toledo Bend Thursday will be there through Sunday. Never been before just looking to see if someone might give me some info on what to bring to fish with and were to start looking thanks in advance for any info

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 08:13 PM

Really nothing. I thought that this was suppose to be a good lake
Posted By: PINESDABBER

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 08:23 PM

It is a good lake,just not alot of folks on the forum fish it. Seems like the forum is 90% metroplex people.Water temps are in the low to mid 60's.
Posted By: Troy250

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 08:32 PM

It should be a good weekend weather wise on the bend. Water is warming and fish are moving up shallow. WM red senkos, wht/chart spinnerbaits, red traps.
Posted By: bassdaddy1683

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 09:44 PM

There is a tourney out there this weekend. So the ones that are fishing it prolly aren't talking.
Posted By: tx6158

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 09:51 PM

Find the grass. What end are you planning to concentrate on? A lot of water to cover.

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 11:01 PM

I don't have a clue on we're we are staying I am going with a buddie from work they go every year with a big group of guys for a couple of days don't even get to take my boat so trying to figure out what to bring. I hate going through tackel and trying to figure out what to bring so much easier to just take your boat then you have it all
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 11:11 PM

I would take my boat.
Posted By: Coach2

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 11:39 PM

take a few senkos, flukes, and chatterbaits
Posted By: 98skeeter202

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/02/13 11:54 PM

Watermelon red plastic, rogue, shallow, oh yea spinnerbait.
Posted By: Chillin Da Most

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/03/13 12:20 AM

The Louisiana Oilmans tournament is this weekend. Expect + - 600 boats. The community holes will be crowded. There's plenty of fish just north of the bridge on the Texas side all the way to Patroon. Coach2 is correct on where to start as far as baits to throw. Believe me, wherever there's fish there will be boats this weekend. However, that doesn't mean where there are boats there will be fish...
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/03/13 12:21 AM

Oilmans is there so try and find places not getting hammered. Its a big lake
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/03/13 12:42 AM

I have never been on it either but I will be there for the oilmans tournament. What I have heard is they are in all stages of the spawn. Maybe that will help you pick your baits.
Posted By: pitchin jigs

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/03/13 03:48 PM

Ive never fished it so, but will be there for the oilmans. I am planning on fishing it just like i fish fork...we will see how that pans out.

I have been told to expect +700 boats for the oilmans. Also, the Bassmaster weekend series is there this weekend. Probably why everyone is so quite about it for you.

It is a big lake, I would suggest trying to find some empty water and fish your confidence baits. Plenty of fish to catch in the bend...or so ive heard.
Posted By: Tbend Bassin

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/03/13 03:52 PM

Was up there last weekend! Fish are on the beds really good, and they are catchin some giants to! Just get up shallow and throw all your weightless stuff, trig, and movin baits around the shallow grass and hold on. Best of luck to you!

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/04/13 03:04 AM

Thanks for the advice guys
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Toledo Bend - 04/04/13 03:27 AM

Fish Hurricane creek by Housen. Start at the cypress trees on the left side and keep heading to the back end. . Watermelon red trick worms by the hay grass. Water very clear. Fish are everywhere. Bedding in the middle of the flats. 3-5ft of water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum