Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Carpet Replacement

Posted By: Hunter's Dad

Boat Carpet Replacement - 04/01/13 04:39 PM

Anyone you can recommend around Lufkin, Jasper, Hemphill area?

Trying to decide if I want to do it myself.

Big plus would be if I could drop the boat off on a Monday and pick it up by Friday.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 04/01/13 05:53 PM

Call Toledo Fiberglass. They will probably know someone close.
Posted By: TopGunPilot

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 04/01/13 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
Call Toledo Fiberglass. They will probably know someone close.

Ditto
Posted By: texasguy58

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 04:21 PM

East Texas Marine there in lufkin. They do carpet installs and are very good. you can get ahold of them by phone 9362083153
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 04:37 PM

lake fork boat carpet, danny will let you leave it with him, left mine for about 10 days.

they do a great job.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 05:10 PM

I looked around and couldn't find anyone that would do it for less than $1000. So given the choice of paying $1000 to get it done or less then $200 to do it myself, it looks like I'm going to be doing my own.

I'm not looking forward to it, but I've got a week of vacation coming up so that'll be my project for the week.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 05:14 PM

Have you checked with Marine Clean in Nacogdoches? Quality carpet install is pretty labor intensive.
Posted By: CDub74

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 06:14 PM

Plus 1 for Lake Fork they do great job.
Posted By: Rick Collis

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by EastTexasBassin
I looked around and couldn't find anyone that would do it for less than $1000. So given the choice of paying $1000 to get it done or less then $200 to do it myself, it looks like I'm going to be doing my own.

I'm not looking forward to it, but I've got a week of vacation coming up so that'll be my project for the week.

I did one of my boats, never again for any amount of money!!
Posted By: Capshaw42

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 07:14 PM

Lake fork boat carpet did a great job! I would spend the extra $750 to have it done professionally but that’s just my opinion. It was well worth it for a good look and not having to work 40 hours on it.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 07:38 PM

Think about how many hours you think it will take you to do it properly then double that. Multiply that by whatever you think your time is worth per hour. Then add the cost of the carpet, the glue, any special tools you may have to buy to do the job, and the gas to go back and forth to Home Depot multiple times until you have all of said tools. $1000 gets real cheap real fast!
Posted By: Walls

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/17/20 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rick Collis
Originally Posted by EastTexasBassin

I did one of my boats, never again for any amount of money!!

+1
Posted By: 5-20

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/18/20 04:12 PM

Just did my 14’ tin boat. Couldn’t believe how much time it took and how messy and labor intensive it was. Really took so much time to get all of the old carpet and glue stripped off and cleaned up.

If fishing time is a priority to you and you have the money to burn, I would absolutely let someone else do it. They probably have the process down pat and will be able to do it 10 times faster than you will. smile
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/18/20 09:15 PM

I was in a similar situation , didn't want to spend the money so I did it myself .
It is very labor intensive , plus I bought some tools to help . It was my first time doing it , so I made a few mistakes and if you look hard , you would see them .
I would probably have someone do it for me if I was completely convinced they would do perfect job ( or as close to perfect as possible ) .
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/19/20 01:53 AM

Golden Boat Carpeting out of Center.
Posted By: armadilla

Re: Boat Carpet Replacement - 09/19/20 08:24 AM

A bottle of Reel Magic poured on it will take carpet up quickly... No work involved, just pour it on. I know that for a fact.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum