Texas Fishing Forum

24.04 today on Lewisville

Posted By: Brandon Dillard

24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 09:21 PM

Good weekend on the Lew. Fishing is the best I have personally seen it in awhile. Took 1st place in the Friday night tourney with my buddy James Smiley. We had 3 fish for 11.32. Today Shipe and I took first in the open with 24.04. 7.10 big bass. Big congrats to my buddies James Smiley and Clint Bryson. They took second today with an awesome bag of 4 fish for 20 pounds. 9 pound kicker. Also congrats to Chris Robinson and partner for a very nice 18 pound bag with a 8 pound kicker and Shultz and Shultz for an impressive 18 pound bag as well. A few pics from today. Take care guys.

Posted By: Bassfisher6704

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 09:36 PM

awesome fish
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 09:40 PM

Nice job, those are some healthy fish.
Posted By: Baszin

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 10:00 PM

very nice
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 10:23 PM

Whats up with the matching hats and fork shirts?

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan

Shipe likes to dress like me. He thinks I'm cool. cool
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 10:29 PM

Congrads. guys very nice sack.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 10:32 PM

Congrats guys!
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 10:43 PM

Underarmer field perstaffers

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: txwhitetail

Underarmer field perstaffers

rolfmao
Posted By: Alec Castonguay

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 11:12 PM

You guys are awesome! Congrats!
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 11:18 PM

Nice work! Congrats on the W... cheers
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 11:21 PM

Nice Job!
Posted By: Delvec

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 11:49 PM

I see that A-rig on the Damn is still workin, Congrats. cheers
Posted By: Blakehock

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/30/13 11:50 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 12:07 AM

Nice fish! thumb

Where were your perfishional jerseys?

Dang man, can't you guys ever smile? mad
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 12:22 AM

Nice Catch. Good job. hooked
Posted By: lvngstonbassmn

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Nice Job!
Posted By: Stax®

Re: 24.09 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 01:17 AM

That's awesome! You boys are a one man wrecking crew on the Ville! You cant argue with consistency! cheers
Posted By: Clay Shipe

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: fishmagnet
Nice fish! thumb

Where were your perfishional jerseys?

Dang man, can't you guys ever smile? mad

Nobody said say cheese! Lol
Posted By: MickE

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 01:51 AM

Congrats guys, but damn I'm even more frustrated now. My son and I were out there for about 4 hours today and not even a nibble. Apparently, I still have a lot to learn and I don't know what part of the lake to be on.

Right now, I'd be happy with any fish...even if I had to throw them back.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 02:08 AM

Nice, AGAIN. Is Smiley a Texan now? I remember some of his YouTube videos
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 02:50 AM

Wow two weekends in a row with 24lbs. You are the man.
Posted By: j-dogg

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: adamat

Yo man. Moved the family to Dallas 11 months ago. Love it here; been trying to get Los Angeles for years now!

If anyone cares, we had a tough day, only weighted 4 fish. Lost a few good ones that might have had us competing with dillard/shipe today but that's how it goes...

Fished with a great guy today (Clint); first time we fished together and we had a blessed day for sure.

I might upset some people for saying this, but we caught all our big fish (and lost some big fish) on a west coast 7 prong A-rig a young buddy of mine from Northern Cal makes. Hard to find that rig out here however...but I've taken a bunch of 5lb-7lb fish on that thing since moving here and caught a 9lb on it today.

Kind of a "lucky day", could have easily had 2 fish today.

Smiley

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 03:16 AM

Oh yeah, thanks to Drew and this partner for putting this thing on! Awesome guys!

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 03:23 AM

Thanks guys. We had 7 keeper bites. Went without a bite for hours. Honestly we caught our fish on a A rig too. After getting beat down by Rob and Jim last weekend all I can say is momma didn't raise no fool. It's definitely a high risk high reward type of deal...but it works. No doubt.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 03:53 AM

They don't call it a "Money Minnow" for nothin.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: j-dogg
Originally Posted By: adamat

Yo man. Moved the family to Dallas 11 months ago. Love it here; been trying to get Los Angeles for years now!

If anyone cares, we had a tough day, only weighted 4 fish. Lost a few good ones that might have had us competing with dillard/shipe today but that's how it goes...

Fished with a great guy today (Clint); first time we fished together and we had a blessed day for sure.

I might upset some people for saying this, but we caught all our big fish (and lost some big fish) on a west coast 7 prong A-rig a young buddy of mine from Northern Cal makes. Hard to find that rig out here however...but I've taken a bunch of 5lb-7lb fish on that thing since moving here and caught a 9lb on it today.

Kind of a "lucky day", could have easily had 2 fish today.

Smiley

Not trying to hijack this guys post. Enjoy the videos. Glad to see you are still chasin' your dream. These lakes will definitely make you a more versatile angler smile

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 05:46 AM

Clay: You guys are ghetto if you're using a Money Minnow! lol. Dang, these fish will eat anything!

You won't catch no west coast guy throwing a frickin Money Minnow...lol

(haha)
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 02:47 PM

congrats on the back to back 24 lb sacks on lewisville and the back to back wins. I cant catch a break this easter weekend is killing me, having family things two weekends in a row. I went out Friday and had over 20 lbs with a carolina rig with back to back 5 lbers. the fish act like they are on beds but non that I have caught had eggs or bloody tails. you catch a small fish then throw right back to same spot and catch a 3+, I did catch several fish on open lake points, but none were keepers. good luck
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 02:58 PM

Congrats! Yawl are on them.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 04:50 PM

Most of our fish have been pre spawn. None with bloody tails as of yet. Should take place in the next few weeks though. Should be able to sight fish in some areas of the lake and that should be fun. Thanks guys. We appreciate it. Hope everybody has a Happy Easter with the family. I've been hunting eggs with my daughter all morning. Good times.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 05:06 PM

There has not been anybody since Robby R. to do so well on Lewisville.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 05:11 PM

Clay: You guys are ghetto if you're using a Money Minnow! lol. Dang, these fish will eat anything!

You won't catch no west coast guy throwing a frickin Money Minnow...lol

(haha)

Smiley I didn't know you were a you tube superstar.
Posted By: hoss1324

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 05:18 PM

Great sack on lewisville, I guess Dillard is the bazaro Dickenson, lol. He was posting yesterday that the lake was back to [censored].

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: slim 285

True. But he had to cheat to get it done. I myself welcome a camera or observer in the boat anytime. Bring em on. Better yet hop in your boat and come follow us around and enjoy the show. Heck you might even learn something.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 05:44 PM

I honestly think that pattern is good for 30 if you hit it perfect right day and a couple kickers. we found they just weren't hitting any a-rig or any way presented. some finer points, but I think 30 pounds is there and then the jaws will really drop. smile we had two 3 somethings in our bag and I had a kicker get off Grapevine Series. not complaining because only one we had get off out of 20 fish, but still the 30 pound sack was right there.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
I honestly think that pattern is good for 30 if you hit it perfect right day and a couple kickers. we found they just weren't hitting any a-rig or any way presented. some finer points, but I think 30 pounds is there and then the jaws will really drop. smile we had two 3 somethings in our bag and I had a kicker get off Grapevine Series. not complaining because only one we had get off out of 20 fish, but still the 30 pound sack was right there.

Agree. It's just most guys have never done it so its obviously not possible. rolleyes
Posted By: B-rader

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 06:18 PM

A-rigs equal whales , good job brandon and clay
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 06:21 PM

From the 'If you can't beat um bash um " club?

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Dillard

True. But he had to cheat to get it done. I myself welcome a camera or observer in the boat anytime. Bring em on. Better yet hop in your boat and come follow us around and enjoy the show. Heck you might even learn something.

+1
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 07:17 PM

Wow I wish I could pull 25 lb sacks in every event I fish. If I could do that I would be taking some of those winnings and investing in a couple bass champ or ttt events. I don't ever recall anyone ever to do this for this long. Can't wait for grapevine as we all will need 30 to win that one lol lol.I can't wait for the ending to this story. Ok you all can bash me now lol lol or go look for more eggs.

Happy Easter to all !!!!

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger Z21
Wow I wish I could pull 25 lb sacks in every event I fish. If I could do that I would be taking some of those winnings and investing in a couple bass champ or ttt events. I don't ever recall anyone ever to do this for this long. Can't wait for grapevine as we all will need 30 to win that one lol lol.I can't wait for the ending to this story. Ok you all can bash me now lol lol or go look for more eggs.

Happy Easter to all !!!!

I will go first. Your an idiot. I have had 5 bags over 20 pounds in tourneys on the Lew in my life. 3 in the spring of 2009...2 this year. We took 11th in TTT last year with over 100 boats. Last Bass Champs event on Lew finished in the money also. So before you come on here spouting off you might want to check your facts. Kind of like your math. Your just mad because you can't catch em and your finishing in 20th place in every tourney. Fact. I would be mad too. We only caught 13 pounds at last G Vine tourney and still beat you pretty bad. Anyways good luck catching 30 pounds on G Vine. I'm sure you can get it done. Your awesome. Ask Senko for some tips.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 07:47 PM

I am gonna tell a story about Brandon and fishing with Brandon. A couple of years ago he really was getting under my skin on here and we had some words in a PM or two. I was not his biggest fan at that point. Long story short I was at a Champs event at RC and he walks up to shake my hand and introduces himself. We talked a bit and agreed to try to go fishing together. In the next few months we fished together here and there and have become good friends since.
Well flash forward to a tournament I was gonna fish on Lewisville soon that year. Brandon is fun fishing with a buddy, I have a friend in my boat and my partner has Chris Stewart in his boat. My partner and I had good days with 13-15lbs on our best fish with same story in both boats. I see Brandon at the ramp and he says they crushed them. Granted we all had been in same areas throughout the day. He is telling me how positional the fish were setting up and how it made the difference. We agreed to fish the next day and right away I see the not so obvious adjustments he is making on his presentation and we catch over 25lbs easily. Fished exact same stuff I had fished the day before he just figured out how they were setting up better than I did.. I have also fished with Brandon in a few Lewisville/Grapevine events and I can tell you firsthand the guy is not cheating or doing anything untoward. He is just one of those guys that can find them and then catch them. He fishes the same spots we all do he just adjusts better.
Not gonna waste a lot of time trying to get anyone to like Brandon cause like I said I started out not caring for the guy at all but fact is he can fish. The only ending I see of this deal is more wins and checks. If I am wrong I will eat my words but I really don't think I will be.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 07:48 PM

See you just can't take a joke. Lighten up dude. I am a lot older than you and I have had my share of wins so now it's about having fun. I don't need tournament winnings to pay my bills. You will learn as you mature hopefully what's really important and it sure isn't bass fishing or beating you. Now lighten up and enjoy your holiday. Happy Easter!!!

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 07:53 PM

See you just can't take a joke. Lighten up dude. I am a lot older than you and I have had my share of wins so now it's about having fun. I don't need tournament winnings to pay my bills. You will learn as you mature hopefully what's really important and it sure isn't bass fishing or beating you. Now lighten up and enjoy your holiday. Happy Easter!!!

Your a joke. Happy Easter.
Posted By: Skeeter_Man1

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 07:53 PM

Great job guys not many people that can do that on the lew.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 07:57 PM

Mark, good read man. I'll back you on that all day. Your prediction for the end of this deal is spot on.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:04 PM

Hey Bob if you wanna take me out on Lew anytime give me a shout. I will show you exactly how we catch em. I have already showed some. Come tourney time you still gotta catch em. But I have no problem showing you. Afterwards you can get on here and admit you were wrong. Deal?
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:13 PM

From the outside, looking in... That wasn't a joking post. And maturity, as you speak of, would not allow such a tasteless post. Character is defined by your actions both winning, or losing. A sore loser is not admirable. Insinuating that someone is cheating is actually pretty low, also. Lloyd probably wouldn't want you doing that with his company in your sig line, either. Dillard likes to have fun on here, I get that. I read his posts with a grain of salt, and laugh along with him. It takes awhile to realize he's just having fun.
Posted By: B_Thomas

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:13 PM

Moral of this, is to save the jabs for when you are face to face so the person can tell you are joking. Brandon and Clay obviously works hard to be able to finish well in tournaments on "The Lew". Congrats to you both.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:14 PM

Dillard is a stick. Lol @ him cheating.

I just called you back. I was uh wasted
when you called yesterday to tell me
Where you hid your fish cages this week.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:17 PM

BTW Dillard, if you are cheating and I have to eat my words I am kicking your "Barney Fife all amped up on a Monster energy drink" looking arse......LOL

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:18 PM

I have no problem with you I was just joking but since I am not part of the click you take offense to my comments. They were not intended to be little you or clay in any way. I certainly never said anything about cheating as mark was referring to in any way shape or form. Like I said Happy Easter. Let me see when I can clear my schedule and we can go and you can show me all those things I am doing wrong.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:22 PM

R M. I don't know who you are and I probably know Lloyd better than anyone around. By the way you just did to me what you accused me of doing to Brandon.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:23 PM

I have no problem with you I was just joking but since I am not part of the click you take offense to my comments. They were not intended to be little you or clay in any way. I certainly never said anything about cheating as mark was referring to in any way shape or form. Like I said Happy Easter. Let me see when I can clear my schedule and we can go and you can show me all those things I am doing wrong.

Bob,

No harm, no foul and my comments are directed at a lot more than just you. I belong to no clicques or have time for that stuff. I think when a guy/team has success the whispers start. As Brandon stated I would urge anyone to get in the boat or follow him around. There is nothing bad going on.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:29 PM

We will have go pro footage for the future. Just to help some of you get back to reality.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:32 PM

No problem Mark. I should know better to post. It always backfires on me lol lol
Just to be clear I never said anything about them cheating but as Mark stated whispers start. Everyone have a great holiday.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:33 PM

LOL. Somebody grab a camera and come get in the boat. Who knows after its all said and done we might have our own fishing show. Ya never know.

Anyways Shipe and myself work very hard at it. We put in time on the water and figure it out. Simple as that. Anybody has any doubts I am more than willing to go out and help you make up your mind. Then instead of getting on the forum and bashing you can say good job and congrats like I would and do.

Thanks again for the words Mark and stop calling me Barney Fife your gonna hurt my feelings. Lol

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:36 PM

If you guys want to talk trash, I challenge you to a thumb war! We'll see who's boss!

Dillard is a cheating mother in thumb wars so watch him!

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay

That is the truth.

But also, we could have weighed in two fish Sat as we kept losing good ones...its hit or miss, but if you stick with it you can catch a guerrilla bag...
Posted By: rugud2go

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 10:17 PM

Got some good input on this post.

All I need to do is......Raise the speculation of cheating and I can get a free guided trip to the host lake the week prior to the tourney. I'm in....

Great job on the back to back. Here's the prob I have. If your spending this much time on the Lew. We're all in trouble. That must mean you've got them homed in on the Vine.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: rugud2go
Got some good input on this post.

All I need to do is......Raise the speculation of cheating and I can get a free guided trip to the host lake the week prior to the tourney. I'm in....

Great job on the back to back. Here's the prob I have. If your spending this much time on the Lew. We're all in trouble. That must mean you've got them homed in on the Vine.

Lol. Shipe already has 30 pounds of smallmouth caged up. No worries. bannana2
Posted By: rugud2go

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 10:39 PM

Better leave my brown backs alone.

All joking aside. Great job guys. Y'all doin Twok Sat.?

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: rugud2go
Better leave my brown backs alone.

All joking aside. Great job guys. Y'all doin Twok Sat.?

Thx bud. Well are plan this weekend was to go to Vine and Twak to prefish. Once we realized Easter was this Sunday and there was no way we were fishing. (Per the ladies in our lives). We looked at the weather and with all the rain in the forecast decided to pass on pre fishing the Vine. It could look alot different come next weekend. As in muddy. So we are going to prefish for the Vine on Saturday and skip Twak since we didn't have the opportunity to prefish. Plus the Lew was a hard option to pass up right now. See ya on the Vine on Sunday. Don't hate on our 30 pound smallmouth bag! Lol

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 11:11 PM

Cheating? lol!

Dillard is only cheating some of your guy's sanity...and laughing all the way to the bank. lol..

Dillard and I started w/in sight of each other last Sat (BPS) and this Sat (Drew's event). We fished together Fri night since we were both basically going to fish the same stuff Friday evening.

If you fish with him on these lakes he knows, the guy has the ability to roll you up and make you feel stupid; most guys won't admit that but you know its true.

How many of us feel like a moron weighing in our 12-14lb rat bags while Dillard is sitting behind you with a 20lb sack of donkeys in tank and a smile on his face!?! Seriously, don't lie. You know you feel as stupid as we do when he's got'em like that.

If you go fishing with him just get ready for a few "what the heck", "nice fish bro", & "good call on that last move" type of statements.

He's a nut when he gets his hands on a computer...but put a rod in his hand you better watch out.

No disrespect for the other sticks out here either...but Dillard and Shipe are making a name for themselves right now if you haven't noticed.

Posted By: rhodes54

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 11:30 PM

I have had 3 sacks over 25 lbs. in about 30 years of fishing on the Lew. So Brandon keep up the big sacks maybe some of the big trails will listen and come back .
Posted By: Kevin R.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 11:40 PM

Very nice!!!
Posted By: slim 285

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 03/31/13 11:49 PM

I forgot. Congrats on the win and the big sac of fish!
Posted By: Allen Ehlers

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 12:04 AM

Way to go!
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 12:07 AM

Shipe and Dillard are my heroes!!!!
Posted By: Barrett

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 12:15 AM

congrats gentlemen!
Posted By: rhodes54

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 12:41 AM

I have had 3 sacks over 25 lbs. in about 30 years of fishing on the Lew. So Brandon keep up the big sacks maybe some of the big trails will listen and come back .
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 12:58 AM

Which two of you were by that little boat dock that had to go around that stupid kayaker who was hiding from the wind? rolfmao

Thanks for being courteous guys. Sorry to intrude on you, I didn't realize you were fishing a tourney. Saw you pull up that one, nice fish! thumb

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 01:32 AM

That was Obama!

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: AggieYak09
Which two of you were by that little boat dock that had to go around that stupid kayaker who was hiding from the wind? rolfmao

Thanks for being courteous guys. Sorry to intrude on you, I didn't realize you were fishing a tourney. Saw you pull up that one, nice fish! thumb

Lol. No problem at all. It's everybody's water. 60,000k bass rig or yak will get the same courtesy from me anyway. I would of been hiding from that wind too.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 01:42 AM

This is Dillard (the white guy)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XSVFXBjgtA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted By: CENTEX Toad Hunter

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Justin DuBose
Shipe and Dillard are my heroes!!!!

I can see why. Since you and called them out and whipped em. The better they are, the better you look! DFW FULL OF BIG STICKS! congrats to Dillard and congrats to Shipe.

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 03:13 AM

rolfmao
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 03:44 AM

Cheating? lol!

Dillard is only cheating some of your guy's sanity...and laughing all the way to the bank. lol..

Dillard and I started w/in sight of each other last Sat (BPS) and this Sat (Drew's event). We fished together Fri night since we were both basically going to fish the same stuff Friday evening.

If you fish with him on these lakes he knows, the guy has the ability to roll you up and make you feel stupid; most guys won't admit that but you know its true.

How many of us feel like a moron weighing in our 12-14lb rat bags while Dillard is sitting behind you with a 20lb sack of donkeys in tank and a smile on his face!?! Seriously, don't lie. You know you feel as stupid as we do when he's got'em like that.

If you go fishing with him just get ready for a few "what the heck", "nice fish bro", & "good call on that last move" type of statements.

He's a nut when he gets his hands on a computer...but put a rod in his hand you better watch out.

No disrespect for the other sticks out here either...but Dillard and Shipe are making a name for themselves right now if you haven't noticed.

Well Put!!

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 12:51 PM

I would like to add that although I appreciate the words of some I think some of y'all are overlooking Shipe a little. He is by far the fastest learning partner I have ever had. Although he may have just started fishing tournaments last year I have watched him really come into his own. He has had a big fish over 6 in the last two big bags on Lew and made some clutch time culls. The guy never stops working and is not afraid to put in the work and time on the water. In team events it is important to have a partner that is as committed and has the same work ethic as yourself. Some of y'all know how hard it is to find a good fishing partner. I consider myself lucky to have Shipe on my team because I'm telling y'all...keep an eye out for this dude. I will also add I have never had as much fun fishing with anybody and that's what it is really all about. So with that being said a big congrats to Shipe. He has earned it big time. Keep up the good work bud.
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 01:11 PM

I would like to add that although I appreciate the words of some I think some of y'all are overlooking Shipe a little. He is by far the fastest learning partner I have ever had. Although he may have just started fishing tournaments last year I have watched him really come into his own. He has had a big fish over 6 in the last two big bags on Lew and made some clutch time culls. The guy never stops working and is not afraid to put in the work and time on the water. In team events it is important to have a partner that is as committed and has the same work ethic as yourself. Some of y'all know how hard it is to find a good fishing partner. I consider myself lucky to have Shipe on my team because I'm telling y'all...keep an eye out for this dude. I will also add I have never had as much fun fishing with anybody and that's what it is really all about. So with that being said a big congrats to Shipe. He has earned it big time. Keep up the good work bud.

Yall rub a lot of ppl the wrong way like you and I used to do back in the day. . . well a couple years ago! Its all in good fun. I personally love it but damn feathers sure get ruffled. Jealousy is a evil thing and a lot of ppl wish they could consistantly stick em like you boys. But ya'll do put in the time to find em and that is why you guys are always right there! A force to be reckoned with!
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 01:35 PM

Can someone please start the reality show Bass Dynasty? I really hope the go pro video turns into bass dynasty. I would love to see all you characters be the stars! Reading these threads is an emotional roller coaster for me. Some posts are hilarious and others are tear jerkers. Laugh until I cry and cry until laugh. I can hardly get any work done. My feet fall asleep sitting here every time. I had a big triumph myself last weekend, I won my little paper bass club tournament at Athens. Only 14 guys. I told the guys it is time for me to retire and go out on top! TFF is one of the best things about bass fishing in TX. it is also way better than twitter and Facebook. We are lucky to have it, I learn a lot from this deal. Dang it my feet are numb again.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 02:33 PM

Money. Anytime you involve money, you get jealousy and then you get comments on here. I'm calling BS on the "I was joking" too. Hey we all know you weren't joking. Its ok. Clay and Brandon have been performing well for quite some time now. Its not like this is new. It pisses me off too. Not because I'm losing money to em, but because I went to LL yesterday after gettin home from Fork and we caught one fish. Now granted we only fished a couple hours but I think the lake still sucks. Now I wanna go tie on the 1 A-rig I finally decided to go fork the money over for and run up and down the dam all day trying to catch a 9 lb'er that I don't believe exists in Lewisville but have seen like pics of three in the last few weeks... But I'm to damn proud to do it! I mean Dillard said they were fishing the tires the week before. Was he or wasn't he? He's playing so good mind games with some of yall and its actually pretty entertaining to read about. Success pisses the losers off specially when tis a certain couple of folks who have success. Then if you don't have success one weekend the trash talkin begins as if KVD wins every single weekend... Shipe and Dillard don't have anything to prove to anybody. I think they are proving it every weekend. Why is all the has been's are getting butt hurt the worst it seems??? Oh wait, I guess I can't have an opinion since I don't tourney fish... lol. But in all seriousness, stop mean muggin everyone in your pics. Your 5'5 125 lbs azz ain't scarin nobody! yall really do need to start your own show. drama makes millions these days... capitalize off of it. If people are gonna hate might as well make money off it...
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: JoshMan734
A force to be reckoned with!

Yea, and their reckoning is coming Sunday! eeks
Posted By: Chad711

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 03:01 PM

Nice work bud! Keep it up
Posted By: BCJ

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 03:18 PM

Nice! Hoping to have one like it on Palestine this weekend in our club tourney!
Posted By: Jimmie Moreland

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 03:36 PM

Dillard, glad to see all those days paddling around in float tubes out there is paying off for you. Haters gone hate, brush ya shoulders off Jack!

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
Money. Anytime you involve money, you get jealousy and then you get comments on here. I'm calling BS on the "I was joking" too. Hey we all know you weren't joking. Its ok. Clay and Brandon have been performing well for quite some time now. Its not like this is new. It pisses me off too. Not because I'm losing money to em, but because I went to LL yesterday after gettin home from Fork and we caught one fish. Now granted we only fished a couple hours but I think the lake still sucks. Now I wanna go tie on the 1 A-rig I finally decided to go fork the money over for and run up and down the dam all day trying to catch a 9 lb'er that I don't believe exists in Lewisville but have seen like pics of three in the last few weeks... But I'm to damn proud to do it! I mean Dillard said they were fishing the tires the week before. Was he or wasn't he? He's playing so good mind games with some of yall and its actually pretty entertaining to read about. Success pisses the losers off specially when tis a certain couple of folks who have success. Then if you don't have success one weekend the trash talkin begins as if KVD wins every single weekend... Shipe and Dillard don't have anything to prove to anybody. I think they are proving it every weekend. Why is all the has been's are getting butt hurt the worst it seems??? Oh wait, I guess I can't have an opinion since I don't tourney fish... lol. But in all seriousness, stop mean muggin everyone in your pics. Your 5'5 125 lbs azz ain't scarin nobody! yall really do need to start your own show. drama makes millions these days... capitalize off of it. If people are gonna hate might as well make money off it...

Correction. I'm 5'10 and 160. Just sayin. Lol
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 06:25 PM

No you are not mister! Clay may be but you ......not so much

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Tiltman

Ok...ok. Maybe I stretched it a lil. I'm a fisherman. It's in my nature.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 07:55 PM

so you are a cheater? Or a liar? Which is it?
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 08:01 PM

that's my excuse with the ladies. bolt
Posted By: procrafter

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 08:21 PM

Brandon, You're 5'10" in your stripper heels......

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie

so you are a cheater? Or a liar? Which is it?

Well I guess now I'm a stripper. So be it.
Posted By: onthebank

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 08:29 PM

Cheating? lol!

Are y'all fishing from the Ark? Lol....I just laughed my arse off thinking about a "rat bag". Lol....
Posted By: GoPokes

Re: 24.04 today on Lewisville - 04/01/13 08:55 PM

Heck, I'd be happy as a pig in [censored] to weigh a 12 lb stringer on Lew right now. I can't even get bit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum