Texas Fishing Forum

Trick Worm

Posted By: RiverAssassin512

Trick Worm - 03/29/13 04:39 PM

What's so great about the Zoom trick worm? Is it because you can rig it all sorts of ways or just produces fish over and over again? What colors catches them the most...
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 04:42 PM

I like watermelon red. It's a fish catcher, I don't know why. Love it on a t-rig in brushpiles.
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 05:12 PM

A Trick worm is a larger-size finese worm with finese worm characteristics. Long, slender profile, erratic action. Often works good weightless in shallow water and good anytime T-rigged or on a jighead. If you take Bassmaster magazine, there's an article on weightless trick worms and their use from pre-spawn to post spawn.
Posted By: RiverAssassin512

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 05:18 PM

What do you think about the bubblegum color for pre spawn fish Marooned? I Actually have some pink trick worms never used just sits in my tackle boxes.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 05:33 PM

I friend who wins alot on Palestine, he won close to $14,000 on that worm!
Posted By: SafetyMike

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 05:53 PM

My buddy won a everstart at bullshoals with one, made some bank. Too Good.
Posted By: bigbass87

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 05:55 PM

I've got some white trick worms that just sit in my box. I think it has more to do with the color than the worm. I love the way the look in the water. When do ya'll use a white plastic?
Posted By: coyotebass

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 07:46 PM

wm magic is also a great color. my favorite way to fish them is on the new jig rigs.
Posted By: coyotebass

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 07:47 PM

owner JigRig

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Owner_JigRig_Tungsten_Weighted_Hook_2pk/descpage-OJRT.html

these are great for rigging trick worms.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Trick Worm - 03/29/13 08:31 PM

Red bug is a good color.
Posted By: B.Estes

Re: Trick Worm - 03/30/13 05:02 AM

It's such a simple bait, it drives the fish crazy.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Trick Worm - 03/30/13 05:14 AM

When times get tough the trick worm is hard to beat. Caught lots of solid tournament fish on it the last few years.
Posted By: Justin DuBose

Re: Trick Worm - 03/30/13 05:23 AM

I just use it cause everyone else does......
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Trick Worm - 03/30/13 05:49 AM

I like Netbait T-Macs...The color that I've had the most luck on recently:

peep"Toledo Special"-Blue Fleck/Watermelon peep

I still use Trick worms too.
Posted By: gsbass

Re: Trick Worm - 03/30/13 06:22 AM

It all comes down to confidence. If you hit them on the head with it they will bite. Can't go wrong with bubble gum.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Trick Worm - 03/30/13 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: bigbass87
I've got some white trick worms that just sit in my box. I think it has more to do with the color than the worm. I love the way the look in the water. When do ya'll use a white plastic?

White is easy to see if you are bed fishing.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Trick Worm - 03/30/13 11:55 AM

Watermelon/Purple
June Bug Red
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Trick Worm - 03/30/13 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverAssassin512
What do you think about the bubblegum color for pre spawn fish Marooned? I Actually have some pink trick worms never used just sits in my tackle boxes.

RiverAssassin - the pro that wrote the Bassmaster article says his favorite colors are pink, white, and orange. Says he's looking for a reaction bite in shallow water, not a feeding bite. Plus he works the worm high enough in the water where he can see the worm, and the bright colors help. Personnaly, I like green pumpkin but I haven't tried the brighter colors. I would try the pink in April, maybe part of May??
Posted By: TexasBa55Fisherman

Re: Trick Worm - 03/31/13 03:12 PM

Trick worm is a solid shakey head bait... It produces all size fish and is down right deadly! Best colors
Black Saphire(blue)
Watermelon Red
fished with 10lb Seagur Fluro
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Trick Worm - 03/31/13 03:21 PM

Works well on a Scott Clawson shaky-head.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum