Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Conroe Help

Posted By: bassguru78

Lake Conroe Help - 03/17/13 02:16 PM

Thinking about heading to conroe in the morning. Ive only fished there a few time and struggled but since it is the closest lake to me i am determined to learn it. Should i concentrate on the north or south end. The reports ive seen say the south end has been murky. Any other info will be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: Lake Conroe Help - 03/17/13 04:40 PM

Put in at April Plaza marina and go to the marina / protected bay behind Del Lago (Big Hotel) fish that whole area was in there yesterday and caught fish pretty regular as well as other boats, nothing big though..
Posted By: Ken Denney

Re: Lake Conroe Help - 03/17/13 06:08 PM

I get off work at 4:30 in the afternoons and am off on Fridays. My boat is in the shop but if you want to carry me I'll show you around.
Posted By: Ctstormman

Re: Lake Conroe Help - 03/17/13 06:33 PM

Both sides hold nice bass. 2 places to try. Obviously u could beat up the shorelines and coves north of 1097. Lot of fish there. I also like fishing the shoreline next to a pier and docks down by the restaurants on the far south end.
Posted By: bassguru78

Re: Lake Conroe Help - 03/17/13 08:15 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Ken i work shift work so when our schedules line up i may take u up on that
Posted By: Ken Denney

Re: Lake Conroe Help - 03/18/13 01:03 AM

Anytime Guru. I'll be on the lake just about every day wheI get mine back
Posted By: John Anderson

Re: Lake Conroe Help - 03/18/13 01:15 AM

I will say no grass... well the bass like the next available cover stumps.... learn Caney...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum