Texas Fishing Forum

Boat at falcon on Saturday

Posted By: Sapper21c

Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 04:06 AM

There was a lime green center console boat with matching rims at falcon on Saturday. Anybody that saw it know what brand it was? It pulled out of the ramp as I was pulling my boat up and I couldn't see exactly what it was. Curiosity is killing me...

Btw, fishing was terrible for me. Fished for three full days and couldn't put a big fish in the boat.
Posted By: T Gutierrez

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 04:26 AM

I'm not positive but I'm thinking it was a Legend. I remember the lime green and the hum of the Hopped up Motor! That thing sounded bad assss.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 04:54 AM

Almost positive its a Legend. Seen it a champs at amistad when we were both fishing the same area. Pretty slick.
Posted By: Cornertang

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 02:46 PM

If it was the lime green center console with bucket seats that fishes champs, then it was a Haynie.
It's a top of the line bayboat.

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 02:51 PM

While I think there was a green legend there, it wasn't the boat I was referring to.

It must have been a haynie, although it was HIGHLY customized. Looked very similar to the 23' lowside. Interesting boat.
Posted By: ccbluewater

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 02:58 PM

It is a Haynie, we were roomed next door to them at Oso. Sweet ride! Guy never saltwater fishes either he said!
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 04:08 PM

Shoot certain haynie and majek center consoles are just bass boats with a center console. The majek xtreme 24 with a 250 SHO will outrun and outside 95% bass boats out there. 75+ mph "bay" boat

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 04:09 PM

Check out a Simmons Custom...
Posted By: Jim Gilbert

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/04/13 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet (quackills05)
Shoot certain haynie and majek center consoles are just bass boats with a center console. The majek xtreme 24 with a 250 SHO will outrun and outside 95% bass boats out there. 75+ mph "bay" boat

Can't even imagine standing and doing 75mph in any boat. CRAZY!
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 06:03 AM

I think that is a Haynie. They sell them at Chris's Marine in Aransas Pass. They told me a few Bass fisherman ran them a few years back when I lived there when they were trying to sell me one
Posted By: Shingles

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 06:16 AM

I have been looking at Haynie's for a while, Chris will build you one set up just like a bass boat. They are the real deal... The 24 HO will probably be my next boat
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 10:08 AM

Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 01:18 PM

That thing is bad to the bone!
Posted By: Eddie201

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 01:31 PM

My son's friend guides Lake Calcasieu out of a Haynie 24 HO. Fished out of it last November and thought it would make a great bass rig. Deck space and storage is awesome!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 01:33 PM

he needs one of these to pull it.

Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 01:46 PM

What would be the advantage to have one of them ?
Posted By: Shingles

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 02:00 PM

I own a bass boat and a center console, start fishing out of a center console and you realize how rough bass boats are. Plus the room you have, wind is really never a factor. Now if you fish behind docks or in the back of small creeks thats where the center console has it's down falls. The biggest plus is you can fish all day in a center console and for me my back doesnt hurt like it does fishing out of my bass boat all day.
Posted By: throwback

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 05:00 PM

I've had both a skeeter bass boat and a kenner cc. I have my prefernce for the cc and all I do is bass fish. I will say the kenner is not a haynie by any stretch, but for a smooth and very dry ride a cc can hardly be beat. Smooth and dry is important because it keeps momma happy and if she ain't happy no one is.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 05:09 PM

I saw that boat at Falcon bass champs. It looked sweet but it had no gunnel and I know I would kick in my rods with out one.
Posted By: huntnfishtex

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 08:14 PM

thats def a haynie. Pretty sure 23 ls. That boat will do over 70 and eat up chop like no other. You can get them custom built with the exact deck layout you want.Been around for years and chris builds one hell of a boat. You should see the z21 he built for his wife.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Black Bass Blake

That's a sweeeet rig!!
Posted By: riverdogbone

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 08:50 PM

I want a boat and a set up just like that Haynie is the Lamborghini of boats custom hand built one at a time you can fish bass tourneys or redfish cup out of that thing and go 70 mph hour and if your crazy enough go that fast with a jack plate do it in less than a foot of water. I've. Got boat envy for sure sweet ride dude !
Posted By: Andrew Winkle

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 08:52 PM

Yeah, Shoalwater makes this one that's rated for 300 HP and said to run 80+.... My kinda center console.....

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 09:02 PM

That was the one.

And it would look sweet with that hemi cuda.

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 09:37 PM

Ill take the Simmons! All sick boats though!

Posted By: riverdogbone

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/05/13 10:08 PM

Thats sick bro !!!
Posted By: newmexicodropshot

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/06/13 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933
Almost positive its a Legend. Seen it a champs at amistad when we were both fishing the same area. Pretty slick.

I think that was me in the legend but I think that center console boat fished champs at Amistad also. Oh and thanks for the compliment on the boat.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/06/13 12:18 AM

The Simmons and majek xtreme are my favorites. I've thought about getting a majek instead of another bass boat
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: Boat at falcon on Saturday - 03/06/13 12:38 AM

Sick ride!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum