Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Registration?

Posted By: Grant2

Boat Registration? - 07/21/12 07:46 PM

I just bought a boat from out of state and my bank has not yet sent me the TX numbers or my TP&W card for the boat. Is it ok to go out fishing if there are no TX numbers or card in the boat? I guess I could take a bill of sale with me as proof just don't want the drama from the game warden.

Posted By: Cappy Cat

Re: Boat Registration? - 07/21/12 08:01 PM

Grant,

Take the bill of sale and you will be fine. Just wait for me... I am going tomorrow so we can test the boats out tomorrow together.

Posted By: Jordan Massey

Re: Boat Registration? - 07/21/12 08:07 PM

I would think you would be fine with the bill of sale. It's probably going to depend on the mood of the game warden.

Re: Boat Registration? - 07/21/12 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Cappy Cat
Grant,

Take the bill of sale and you will be fine. Just wait for me... I am going tomorrow so we can test the boats out tomorrow together.

I think it should be fine but you know how the LHPD is LOL!! What time you going to be home again?

Posted By: Scott A.

Re: Boat Registration? - 07/21/12 11:44 PM

What kind of new boat did you get?

Re: Boat Registration? - 07/21/12 11:48 PM

Bass Cat Puma if I new how to post pics on a iPad I would but it's smarter than me LOL!!

Posted By: Claysefus

Re: Boat Registration? - 07/22/12 12:55 AM

Thought you had to take the title to a TPWD office and register it in your name first? Im not sure. Thats how I got my numbers. And I did buy it out of state. I would stay on top of the bank.

Posted By: Chato

Re: Boat Registration? - 07/22/12 01:26 AM

Grant2 you have to take your bill of sale with the Boat and Motor Serial signed by the seller to the nearest TPWD. You will have to sign 2 forms and pay some money to Texas and then the trailer goes to the county you live in at which you will pay some money to them.
Kevin

Re: Boat Registration? - 07/22/12 01:38 AM

Yea the bank is doing all that for me. Should get it this week.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum