Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Toledo Bend - 07/21/12 06:06 PM

Hitting Toledo in the morning for the first time to pre-fish for a tourney.

Is there anything I need to look out for safety wise. i.e. Is it safe to run in the channels. Are channels marked like Caddo? I will be launching out of Converse.

Any general information safety wise you could give me would be appreciated. I'm always a little nervous running these Louisiana/East TX lakes for the first time. Thanks.

Posted By: snickers

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/21/12 06:37 PM

First time I went thear it was a Maze to me. Took a long time just to learn my way around. She is big so it depends whear you want to fish

Posted By: Grant2

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/21/12 08:28 PM

Just watch for markers stay in the boat lanes should be fine.

Posted By: Texguy02

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/21/12 08:39 PM

Boat lanes are good now since the lake is up. Still drive around with caution.

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/21/12 09:46 PM

Thanks fellas.

Posted By: BthomasG3

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/21/12 10:40 PM

Boat lanes are marked for the most part but nothing like caddo.

Posted By: ToledoBassin

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/22/12 04:32 AM

i could help u out a whole lot if u weren't fishing so far north. i very very very rarely go north of 1215.. but from the bridge and south, everything is clear.

Posted By: Toledo

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/24/12 01:36 PM

Lanes around Converse should all be good but always keep an eye out for floaters. In general the further north you get the more questionable the boat lanes. Especially when the lake drops below 168.

Posted By: BassMedic

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/24/12 05:16 PM

The lake level is up...I live on the south end and the boat lanes are marked good...both Texas and La side...just watch for floaters, and hug the bouys since you don't know wide the lanes are...some are very narrow and some had plenty of room...on the south end atleast! I assume the north end is the same way also

Posted By: Bank beater 1

Re: Toledo Bend - 07/24/12 05:19 PM

Watch the east side of boones crossing the bouys are blown up into the timber. Stay on south side of them there.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum