Texas Fishing Forum

Bottom 20 on any lake?

Posted By: Mark Perry

Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 03:57 AM

Feel free to pencil my name in on any of them for this one. I think I can give anyone a run for their money for being such a spare this year.

Posted By: BMCD

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:05 AM

You got some competition from me this year.

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: BMCD

Gonna be a fierce battle for AAOY then. woot

Anti-Angler Of The Year.

Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:11 AM

lol I am pretty good at being a hack myself

Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:12 AM

I bet I'm a runner up this season

Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

This from the guy that won a boat haha

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

At least you won a boat though in your year of suckage. Heck I can't even keep fish buttoned up half the time this year and I think Murphy has ridden along with me in every tournament. Its so bad I think I am wearing off on the guys I fish with cause now they are struggling too. rolfmao

On a serious note I have never had a year like this. If it can go bad it will and I have no answers for it. Not burning fish in practice and not losing any till game day. Bet I have lost more fish in the tournaments alone this year than I have in all my fishing combined the last 3 years. Have not changed anything either. They just come off or shrink come money time.

Not whining though cause I am just gonna keep on paying my money and fishing. It will get better eventually and back to normal. Beats working or doing anything else. Besides it builds character...... rolfmao

Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:54 AM

Mark, at least you are hooking fish. I'm struggling to catch any fish at all on tournament day, never mind keepers. After a strong year last year, I'm stinking it up and I'm not sure why. All I can do is keep working at it.

Posted By: JayInNRH

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:59 AM

Finally, I'll be mentioned.

Posted By: Choogie Chunker

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 11:55 AM

I may not be at the very bottom but have a great view of last place!

Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 12:01 PM

Finaly I can be competitve!

Posted By: B Lee

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 12:15 PM

Where do I sign up for this

Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 12:20 PM

I am with you this year.

Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 12:29 PM

Mark
I am right there with you. I've sucked it up this year worse than ever before

Posted By: B Lee

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 12:33 PM

Killer maybe it's you.... Fish were lost when I fished with you and also with Mr. Perry *wink* Or maybe I was the one that put the curse on you

Posted By: Square Bill 59

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 12:46 PM

OK, can anybody beat this, fished 9 events between TxTT and BC, zeroed 7 of 9. Can't find them during practice which means really stink during game day.

Posted By: Stan Browning

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 12:56 PM

its been a tough year,i think the early spawn hurt us the worst,i did cash two checks with Champs this year and ended up in 38th place overall for the season.Its been a strange year to say the least...

Posted By: Brandon Dillard

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 01:06 PM

Mark I have been on both sides of the fence. And I know just as well as anybody this streak is gonna come to an end...that's fishing. Enjoy the good ones while you can because bad ones are sure to come. And you are right the struggle builds character. Keep on fishing with your head up. Your days are coming.

Posted By: Ironman65

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 01:10 PM

Checking in!

Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 01:24 PM

I Like Tacos.

Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 01:48 PM

I'm a perennial for this one....

Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: BMCD

Gonna be a fierce battle for AAOY then. woot

Anti-Angler Of The Year.

I can hang at the bottom with the best of 'em! banana

BigDozer66

Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 02:37 PM

Feel free to pencil my name in on any of them for this one. I think I can give anyone a run for their money for being such a spare this year.

Dont feel alone Big Man, I have had a big bag of nothing this year.

*Read below for my lame Excuse for my !$#%!#$ spring.

Droughts are fine for shallow guys , but when the water comes up and the land veggies sour no bueno for a shallow guy.

Posted By: T54

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 02:43 PM

Look at the 2011 AOY standings for LSS Central...I am pretty good at sucking when the cards are down.

Posted By: Trickster

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 02:47 PM

My dollars spent per fish would make Obie proud.

Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 02:47 PM

Ditto...I go to my home lake yesterday and we both stunk it up....I couldn't ask for a better partner for enjoying the greatness of sucking...

Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: JayInGrapevine

Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 03:17 PM

I feal for all of you, because I am in the same dang boat and this sucks. What goes up must come down. We have to remember things are cyclical.

The only damn thing that is unknown is just how long lol.

Posted By: jeremy fishalot

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 03:20 PM

im bottom 20 on fork!

Posted By: bassfork

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:32 PM

I think I am the only guy that can go out with a really hot guide and ruin his whole day because all his fish move or refuse to bite and this was on Falcon.

Posted By: guacamolebass

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills
Originally Posted By: JayInGrapevine

Posted By: Barrett

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:43 PM

THat has got to be one of the dumbest most hilarious set of threads I have ever seen.

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:55 PM

When I fished the BWS at CC a few weeks ago I found some good fish up shallow. Enough to get a Top 5 finish. Get to the spot tournament day, no other boats on it and proceed to watch 8 keepers come unbuttoned on frogs and plastics. Saw every one of them as did the coangler in my boat did. Changed rods, reels, baits etc and did not matter. Still lost fish. Two were decent size too and even a small limit would have got a check. Easily the single most frustrating tournament day I have ever had. My entire season has been a lot like that. In practice at CC the day before I bent in some hooks on baits so I would not stick fish and still caught this one even though I did not set hook and had the hook bent. That fish would have went a long way on Saturday.

If it can go wrong it has. Like I said though all I can do is keep showing up because it will get better. I am at least getting a chance to fish so i can't ask for much more.

Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 04:59 PM

I think old man Murphy was with us yesterday....Forget the electronics, winch strap broke, left out the drain plug and oh yea only one little bitty fish....

Posted By: Cameron

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 05:35 PM

Jersey Dan on Fork

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 05:39 PM

Im so bad i cant even be in the bottom 20.

Posted By: wormman

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 06:23 PM

I'm so far behind I think I'm first.

Posted By: Mike1285

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 10:33 PM

It's all Bush's fault!

Posted By: elkhartdom

Re: Bottom 20 on any lake? - 06/27/12 11:39 PM

When I fished the BWS at CC a few weeks ago I found some good fish up shallow. Enough to get a Top 5 finish. Get to the spot tournament day, no other boats on it and proceed to watch 8 keepers come unbuttoned on frogs and plastics. Saw every one of them as did the coangler in my boat did. Changed rods, reels, baits etc and did not matter. Still lost fish. Two were decent size too and even a small limit would have got a check. Easily the single most frustrating tournament day I have ever had. My entire season has been a lot like that. In practice at CC the day before I bent in some hooks on baits so I would not stick fish and still caught this one even though I did not set hook and had the hook bent. That fish would have went a long way on Saturday.

If it can go wrong it has. Like I said though all I can do is keep showing up because it will get better. I am at least getting a chance to fish so i can't ask for much more.

Two years ago during the BWS, I rode as a co and lost enough fish to cry over, my boater at the time and i watched as fish after fish came unhooked, broke line, and did everything they could to ruin my day.
found out later that any one of my fish that we saw would have taken the co angler side. Ceder Creek hates me

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum