Texas Fishing Forum

fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read)

Posted By: Tennessee_Fisherman

fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/01/12 12:54 AM

I've been talking to alot of my buddies here lately that have boats and they have been struggling to catch a fish or a big one. I basically fish three lakes and they have been fishing good with the occassional big ones. I primarily bank fish since i don't have a boat. Here's some lessons I've learned during this transation period:
1. Fish slow.

2. Fish slow. I slow roll everything and bump everything from multiple angles. I laugh sometimes when I see guys blow through an area and I walk up to the bank and start wacking them. Big fish like it that way. Some of these fish were caught after throwing to a structure 5 to 7 times at different angles.

3. Don't be afraid to throw or drag something big. One and a half minutes a cast.

Posted By: Black Dallas

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/01/12 12:57 AM

Good job!!

Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/01/12 01:09 AM

by being restricted to the bank you have learned one of if not the most important lesson in bass fishing. now, when you eventually get in a boat don't forget this lesson like the rest of us do, including me most of the time.

Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/01/12 01:47 AM

Beautiful fish, nice job. All fishing is beginning to get tough in ponds and the big lakes.

Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/01/12 02:04 AM

nice fish good job

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/01/12 02:06 AM

Nice fish! What part of TN are you from?

Posted By: Yellow Dog Adventures

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/01/12 02:14 AM

nice work

Posted By: bassin518

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/03/12 12:33 AM

im coming to texas and i cant wait ! jarrod

Posted By: Allen M

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/03/12 01:22 AM

banana banana banana eek2

Posted By: Tennessee_Fisherman

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/03/12 01:53 AM

thanks guys. Caught 2 today but nothing over 4lb that my limit to take pictures. My son had one on but jump off at the back.
I thank God for my sponsors my wife and my son. They are the best. I just have this renewed confidence in myself and think I can can catch them with their support.Also I use LFT lures in most if my fishing and the action these baits has has change my fishing alot.Nothing like it guys.

Posted By: onthebank

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/03/12 03:00 PM

I got a boat this year and had a hard time remembering that rule. I just turn the trolling motor off most of the time or anchor so I can't rush through an area.

You can build some serious chops fishing from the bank, especially on a body of water or spot that you are very familiar with. It does take adegree of dicipline to force yourself to do the same in a boat.

I couldn't agree more with your tactics!

Posted By: JD/76708

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/03/12 04:33 PM

Nice fish, Michael....nice reminder as well..

I finally broke the 5#-barrier for 2012 just last week, in Riesel, private tank...and I've been to The Fork twice...I know I've been fishing too fast...

Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/03/12 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: YellowMagic
Nice fish, Michael....nice reminder as well..

I finally broke the 5#-barrier for 2012 just last week, in Riesel, private tank...and I've been to The Fork twice...I know I've been fishing too fast...

Man that's rough. I fish mostly from the bank or from my kayak and Ive already caught several in the 5lb range! Ive been a very slow fisher all my life. Started going with my dad on the boat when I was about 5 and my favorite thing to do was throw a Texas rigged worm and work it slooooooowwwww. I usually take 1 cast to everyone else 3-4 lol

Posted By: demok83

Re: fishing hasn't been bad lately (sorry long read) - 05/03/12 06:24 PM

I need to slow down!

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum